starting a community group for Bradenton & Sarasota

Answered!
Susan4791
Level 2
Sarasota, FL

starting a community group for Bradenton & Sarasota

Hi, Is there any airbnb owners who would like to start a community group?

1 Best Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Susan4791 ,

I was able to find a Resource Center article in case you wanted to know more about how to start a Local Host Club for your area: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/resources/hosting-homes/a/lead-your-local-host-club-293.

Can’t find what you’re searching for? start a conversation

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

13 Replies 13
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Susan4791 ,

I have moved your post to a wider board to attract other Hosts who would be interested in starting a group!

-----

Hi, I am hoping to find other owners who may be interested in "Biking Experiences" I have put together in my area for my guests. Anyone interested? Susan

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Susan4791 ,

You can also take a look at Local Host Clubs near you to connect with hosts, who might be interested to know more about the Biking experiences!

-----

Thank you. I haven't heard from anyone yet.

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @Susan4791 ,

I was able to find a Resource Center article in case you wanted to know more about how to start a Local Host Club for your area: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/resources/hosting-homes/a/lead-your-local-host-club-293.

-----

Ronnie146
Level 1
Sarasota, FL

Hi Susan. I would like to start a Sarasota/Bradenton Airbnb community 

Kristen195
Level 2
Indianapolis, IN

Hi @Susan4791 

i have a place on Homes Beach and would love to start hosting a group for owners in our area. 

Hello @Kristen195  .  My name is Tracy and I was wondering if you started a host group in Bradenton/Sarasota area.  I would love to join .  

thank you,

Hi, I would like to be in a group as well. Count me in. Susan @Kristen195 

Nayvi0
Level 2
Colorado, United States

Hi @Susan4791  - I have a place in Bradenton. Id love to join or even start one 🙂

Evan881
Level 2
Englewood, FL

Hi @Susan4791  and others, has anyone been tagged this year in 2023 with violating Sarasota County’s minimum 30 day rental requirement? It’s always been on the books as a regulation, but just recently started getting enforced because of some private vigilantes in the county who apparently are speed dialing the zoning department to turn anyone in who is renting on Airbnb or other popular booking sites for less than 30 days. In the spring I got a call from the zoning department shutting me down for less than 30 day rentals. It’s killing my rental business, and there is a political/zoning proposal change process that can be followed to try to get that changed but it takes a grassroots effort to make that happen, and wondering if anyone else is affected if they would be interested in joining forces to try to get that zoning ordinance changed. If you have not been tagged as violating this ordinance, everyone is at risk and this zoning restriction minimum I confirmed is a 30 day minimum and it affects everyone in the county. Apparently anyone renting for less than that is at risk of hefty fines that make it literally financially not viable to rent since the daily fine exceeds the nightly rate typically charged. Anyone else with information on this crisis I would appreciate hearing from you. I have even heard that cleaning businesses and charter captains are going out of business because of the volume of lost business.

@Evan881 We are NOT in Sarasota county even though we have a Sarasota address. Susan

Maggie681
Level 1
Sarasota, FL

Yes Susan, I may be interested.  I live in Sarasota and new to hosting.  Let me know what your thoughts are about a group.

Maggie