suspension

Justine347
Level 2
Sarasota, FL

suspension

I have been with Airbnb for a year and have hosted around 35 guests, ALL of whom have rated me 5 Stars.

On 4/15/22 my account was suspended because I allegedly sent an email with sexualized content to a former guest.  It was a silly email, juvenile and misspelled ("someday we can have wine dine then 69??  can we have sex somday if i can just make you fell better").   Even the former guest, who reached out to me,  immediately recognized that the email did not come from me and blocked it.   I responded to all of Airbnb's notices wrt  this suspension, explaining that my computer had been hacked about a week before this email went out.  It now appears that some of my replies went to my travel side and not my hosting side. 

I have had no fewer than 7 extensive telephone conferences with "Support."  Some of these agents could not see my responses, none of these agents could tell me how long my account is suspended, and none of these conversations have produced a response from the "specialized" team that they all promised would get back to me within, at most,  a few days.   

I have been unable to do business for three weeks now and am at the end of my rope.  PLEASE HELP ME!!

9 Replies 9
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Justine347 

The "specialized" team is the "Trust and Safety" team. A department that has apparently been ordered to suspend everyone in the next 3 months for even the smallest possible violation. And that without any explanation.
As a result, we will turn our backs on Airbnb. Our commitment and our beautiful accommodations deserve appreciation and not patronage.

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Justine347 , I'm so sorry to hear about this. I can imagine this is frustrating especially when you're already dealing with the stress of a hacked account.

I've sent this over to the team now so they can look into it, hopefully we can get it resolved quickly for you. The team will be in touch with you and if I receive an update in the meantime, I'll let you know!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hello and thank you. I would also like to get an idea why a 5star host, with zero cancellations, and at 100%response rate, Superhost was suspended. I work tersely to provide an outstanding experience for  all of my guest and do all that I can with accommodations .. IM disappointed  in this suspension  process, and think this needs to be addressed. I believe that a lot of hosts will lose trust in AIRBNB. We are a team,  without our properties, there in no AIRBNB and as such, we should work together. Its day 5 and still no explanation for my suspension 

Justine347
Level 2
Sarasota, FL

Thank you.

Justine347
Level 2
Sarasota, FL

@Catherine-Powell 

Hello Catherine - I understand that you might be able to help with my case.  Please read my initial post; I have been suspended for a MONTH now because my computer was hacked and an offensive  email (NOT FROM ME!!) was sent to a guest.  Please advise at your earliest...I am losing good business for both of us.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Justine347

I've really sorry to hear about this computer issue and suspension! I've checked with the team and after reviewing everything, it looks like your listing is now back up and running. 🙂

Thanks, 

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Justine347
Level 2
Sarasota, FL

So after posting to @Catherine-Powel yesterday, I received the following email from Airbnb:

Hello Justine347,

Your topic recently received replies.

Topic: suspension
Date: 08-05-2022 01:30 PM

Did it solve your problem?

Click here to view the replies and mark one as an Accepted Solution.

This helps others find helpful answers in the community too!

Huh??  When you click onto the link, you merely see my initial post and the few responses I have received from other hosts.  How are any of these an "Accepted Solution"?  And what does the date 08-05-2022 signify? Is my account suspended until August???

Hello?  Is anyone at Airbnb listening?? 

So over this....does anyone have any recommendations for an alternative to Airnbnb?

@Justine347 Sadly this is just a Community Centre email not the one you need from Customer Services.  The date is just in the European/non US format ie 8 May 2022

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Justine347 

That's just asking you if you want to select one of the replies you received on this thread as an "accepted solution", i.e. if someone has adequately answered your question. It must have been automated. Just ignore it.

But, that only applies to the CC. It's got nothing to do with your open case with Airbnb.