1 million posts later...

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

1 million posts later...

Celebration.jpg

Hello everyone,

You guessed it, weโ€™ve made it to 1,000,000 posts here in the Community Center (did any of you spot it?). What an amazing achievement and it just shows how much we all enjoy a good chat! 

Thinking on this it takes me back to when the Community Center was first launched at the Airbnb Open in Paris, November 2015. 1,000,000 posts later, and we can look back on the many amazing conversations and friendships we have created over the past 3 and a half years.

What has been your favourite discussion here? For me, I really enjoy the community spotlights and personal stories shared, and also, as many of you know I am a fan of sustainability so I love all the green tips. There has been many fun moments together. 

A huge thank you to all of you.

Lizzie, Quincy & Stephanie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

63 Replies 63
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Branka-and-Silvia0 @Cathie19 @Paul1255 

Now I expect to see some cakes on the CC over the weekend. You can't RAISE my hopes like that!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

oh god ahaha @Stephanie @Branka-and-Silvia0 @Cathie19 

Would a tiramisu fall under the "cake" umbrella?

I could make that whilst wearing my Airbnb apron? :))

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Paul1255 @Branka-and-Silvia0 @Cathie19 

Hmmm.... I'll allow it! But we need snaps of the endeavour โค๏ธ

-----

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

oki dokey @Stephanie I shall make it happen ๐Ÿ™‚

@Paul1255  I looooove tiramisu!  Let me know the estimated time of serving ๐Ÿ˜„

Airbnb apron? Really? uuu sexy! ๐Ÿ˜„ 

And I only have an ABB keychain ๐Ÿ˜ž

@Branka-and-Silvia0  Estimated time of serving: Sunday afternoon with a London Pride hangover ha!

Yeah the apron is cool! I'd like a keyring for my guest keys tho- that would get more use ๐Ÿ™‚

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Paul1255, you swinging by the offices with a some for @Lizzie @Quincy and I? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sorry @Branka-and-Silvia0  - we have proximity priority ๐Ÿ˜›

-----

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Stephanie @Lizzie

You're only a 20 min walk away so I could do......:)))

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That'd be fab @Paul1255 (no pressure) :D.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

is everyone in the office on Monday @Quincy ? ๐Ÿ™‚

You @Paul1255 have an Airbnb apron? Iโ€™m so jealous! ๐Ÿง๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

yeah ahahah ๐Ÿ™‚ it's cute but I don't wear it much 

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Wow, @Lizzie  congratulations !! I think some changing also happen from some post. Thanks for all your team and all hosts for keeping a community alive. For a next 1,000,000 Post ๐Ÿ™‚  

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Paul1255@Branka-and-Silvia0  @Nutth0@Ute42@Cathie19@Ana1136@J-Renato0@Susan17@Elena87@Christine615@Stephanie@Quincy 

Cathie raised a excellent point, it's not much of a celebration without a cake, so especially for you...

Cake 1 million.jpg

Cake 2.jpg

As you can see, I'm not much of a baker (and this was quite a late night cooking experience last night), so I've added a plant to jazz it up a bit! I think the strawberry message is subtle (and a little cryptic! hehe) but it's meant to say 1M!

I also have a photo of me holding the cake in my snazzy apron, unfortunately mine isn't Airbnb branded in fact it has cartoon sheep on it (I'm not sure any of you would want to see that though!?!)...

Anyone for a slice???

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lol! Love it, @Lizzie! I can see we have a similar skillset in the bakery department ๐Ÿ™‚

I do hope you at least got a nice big bouquet from Airbnb to mark the occasion, and to reward you for all your tireless work here in the CC. And perhaps a delicious bottle of champers too, to go with the rest of your strawberries ๐Ÿ˜‰

If not, here are some for you - it's the least you deserve!  You and I may often have a different perspective on certain things but genuinely - thank you for all you do for hosts...  you're a very lovely lady, and have the patience of a saint!๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ