1 million posts later...

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

1 million posts later...

Celebration.jpg

Hello everyone,

You guessed it, we’ve made it to 1,000,000 posts here in the Community Center (did any of you spot it?). What an amazing achievement and it just shows how much we all enjoy a good chat! 

Thinking on this it takes me back to when the Community Center was first launched at the Airbnb Open in Paris, November 2015. 1,000,000 posts later, and we can look back on the many amazing conversations and friendships we have created over the past 3 and a half years.

What has been your favourite discussion here? For me, I really enjoy the community spotlights and personal stories shared, and also, as many of you know I am a fan of sustainability so I love all the green tips. There has been many fun moments together. 

A huge thank you to all of you.

Lizzie, Quincy & Stephanie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

63 Replies 63
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Yeah @Ute42 , it can all get a little confusing with the terms as many names are interchanged quite a bit. 

Quick overview:

Topic - starting a new conversation

Thread - refers to the whole conversation

Post - usually refers to replies, but call also be used as a general term for a topic as well

Basically, when we say 1 million posts here, this refers to topics and replies. 🙂 

Hope this helps. hehe

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Yes...   @Lizzie  @Ute42  @Branka-and-Silvia0  adding my opinion and something

Post is all the pieces of writting on each thread, being it the first post (original post of the discussion/thread) and the following answers.
Each post has a different URL or internet address to be reached, although this address is linked to the entire thread.
OP - In the internet communities (originally also called as forums/fora), OP stands for original poster. It is the poster who started a  new discussion thread.

So Lizzie is totally right, one milion refers to all posts, posted by the OPs and by the ones who have replied the OPs.

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Nice post @Lizzie  !

All of my favourite posts have come from @olga in Ukraine (tagging not working)

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Olga464, @Paul1255 🙂 

haha @Paul1255  , like the one how to save your daughter's virginity  😄

Yes that’s top 3 @Branka-and-Silvia0  ;)))

@Paul1255  and do you remember Olga's post about a lover who had to pay for her room and pretend he is a guest? 😄  

@Olga464 

have you reviewed each other later ? 😄

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww thanks, @J-Renato0 and good question. As @Ute42 mentioned we do have several contributors across the different languages who have posted over a whopping 10k posts – only a small handful though, which shows that it's a real team effort. 

I think @Nathalie-Et-Gilles0 in the French speaking CC has the 'Yellow' jersey at the moment with over 13,000 post, which is just amazing. Congrats to her. 

Are you close to your next CC milestone?...I'm nearly at 10k! 🙂

--------------------

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Lizzie  @Branka-and-Silvia0  @Ute42 

I must confess I am an old nerd ! 🙂
I have about 10,000 posts, but it is in another forum/community!
I also have more than 1,000 answers(posts) there marked as best answers!
It is a forum that has nothing to do with hosting/accommodation or holiday rental.
It is about technology and information, and the forum belongs to a company that has its headquarter in the US.

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

So @Lizzie , @J-Renato0 , @Paul1255, and @Branka & Silvia1  & @Ute42  - which one of you baked cake?

It’s  not a true celebration party without one!

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I am not a great baker @Cathie19  so not me ahahah 🙂 but when you come to visit I will give it a go (get my mum to bake one)

NO @Paul1255, not your mum! Lol.... 🥰

@Cathie19 

I'll bake if all of you come to Zagreb to eat it 😄

Now @Branka-and-Silvia0 , there’s a challenge for all since you’ve thrown down the gauntlet! 😁

@Cathie19 

thrown down the gauntlet and put on the apron 😄