1 million posts later...

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

1 million posts later...

Celebration.jpg

Hello everyone,

You guessed it, we’ve made it to 1,000,000 posts here in the Community Center (did any of you spot it?). What an amazing achievement and it just shows how much we all enjoy a good chat! 

Thinking on this it takes me back to when the Community Center was first launched at the Airbnb Open in Paris, November 2015. 1,000,000 posts later, and we can look back on the many amazing conversations and friendships we have created over the past 3 and a half years.

What has been your favourite discussion here? For me, I really enjoy the community spotlights and personal stories shared, and also, as many of you know I am a fan of sustainability so I love all the green tips. There has been many fun moments together. 

A huge thank you to all of you.

Lizzie, Quincy & Stephanie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

63 Replies 63
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww @Susan17, this has made my day, possibly my week, what a lovely message.  I think you are a little too generous to me here, but a huge thank you. 

I do love our community here and sometimes wish there were more hours in the day to talk! hehe

It's wonderful to see every day what great things are going on underneath the surface and I feel the friendships made here makes the world seem a lot smaller space!

I'm glad we have similar baking skills, are you a regular baker?

Thank you again. 🙂 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lizzie  save me a slice, and yes to the pic of you in your apron and the cake! Why would you leave that one out ?!

I second that motion @Paul1255 !

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Lizzie , @Paul1255 , @Susan17  @Quincy  @Stephanie @Branka & Silvia1, @Ute42, 

@JRenato,  @Nutth

Gosh, I’ll have to make something over the weekend, but I’m trying to lose weight! 

But I’ll  have a BIG cake here in a fortnight, but that will be my daughter’s wedding cake, so that doesn’t count

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Cathie19 , @Paul1255@Susan17 

Ok, check out my snazzy apron....

Nice apron! .jpg

OOoo excited to see what you bake Cathie, don't think about the calories...you deserve this...(I've just eaten two slices of cake...not feeling guilty...maybe a little! hehe)

--------------------

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Love it @Lizzie  :))

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Lizzie @Paul1255 @Quincy @Susan17 @Cathie19 

Cool apron, love the farmyard look.

Are the strawberries on the cake from  @Stephanie @Lizzie or @Quincy garden?

Congrats on the 1m post, which person wrote it?

It deserves a special mention with the link.

@Paul & @Cathie you can pop some of you efforts on a Concorde here if you like.

@Paul1255 @Helen427 

Bahahahahaha not a chance.... unless I win lotto! Oh but then I would need to buy a ticket! Lol...... but the thought of cake is with you as I’m sending your favourite cake craving your way.......... 😊😊😊🌼

So cute @Lizzie! I only have a faded Xmas check apron...... 😩

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

so, @Paul1255  it's Sunday afternoon so I'm just wondering WHERE IS OUR TIRAMISU??? 😄

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Cathie19 @Lizzie @Branka-and-Silvia0 @Paul1255 @Susan17 

It's now TUESDAY, where's the photos of all your baking efforts @Paul1255 ???

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Helen427 and  @Lizzie@Branka & Silvia1@Paul1255@Susan17

SORRY Helen, but I spent 7.5 hours operating a water pressure cleaner yesterday, whilst my guests were offsite on a day trip. (Do not want to look at concrete and pavers for a few months!) Today, I was cleaning out my food pantry, checking the use by dates and taking note of what foods I have to buy for the start of my non Airbnb INCOMING next week. AND YES, I have current Airbnbers on site!  😁😁😁

When guests are not around, Garry is checking the lighting and tonight the PA system.

BUT

I have started making some basic dark chocolate and ginger chocolate bites to take on  picnic to the evening markets when everyone is in town.... but that’s about it! Tomorrow morning I will be collecting the last of the frangipani and bougainvillea for drying for confetti. Once that’s done... the kitchen will become a priority, as you can see by some of the food packs on the bench! PROMISE......

I’ve even delegated the wedding cake to a friend who is a wonderful cake maker. So I’m probably not the one to ask for cake ATM.....

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

But I’ll eat some on the run! .......... 🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️BA44AA54-0A15-4E9E-89F6-0E39AD20F72E.jpeg60E979CA-AD17-43B4-A39C-73593293CF3B.jpeg2E4FABCB-69E8-468F-815A-4C8AA48F710A.jpeg3DE18B6F-340E-403D-903E-170E2D6C1D22.jpeg5924375A-070B-406E-9CE1-ADE5FF1CD4E0.jpeg

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Cathie19 

All the very best for your family wedding, I hope it goes with and without a ''Hitch", play on words here as a couple are getting "hitched"

It sounds like it's going to be a truly delightful occasion

Thanks @Helen427 for the kind wishes.

As for life’s perceptions and locations:

What’s interesting is their southern (in winter)  and overseas friends see Darwin as a destination wedding. Whereas, our daughter sees it as just coming home......

👠👠 “There’s no place like home.” 👠👠

Vittoria-L0
Level 1
Miami Beach, FL

Hi Lizzie, 

how are you ! Seems like you are a very experienced host and I wonder if you can advise on what to for an issue I am currently going Through: 

last week I realized that for 2 months the payments of my multiple rental properties were sent to a foreign bank account unknown to me.  My account was hacked and my payment method was changed without my knowledge and without receiving any notification from Airbnb. I was completely unaware and didn’t suspect anything as I continue receiving the email conferming the payouts being sent after every guest would check in.

When I realized this happened I called Airbnb to make a claim . I was being promised as well a phone call that never came and instead I received  a lame email that showed little interest in the matter by the trust dept. that they would start an investigation. I was hopeful to received my money back and after 1 week I was informed that airbnb  will not take any action to protect me. And that was it. I plan to go public to make hosts aware of these type of scams and to be clear about the false promises that Airbnb advertise by offering every host a 1M insurance ! 

This is outrageous and I plan on making them responsible for their lack of securities and lack of assistance to their own very community Members. 

Truth must come out and justice must be seeked! What can I do ? How can I have all reverse all of these transactions? 

Sincerely laura