4 years of the Community Center: we are getting old...

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

4 years of the Community Center: we are getting old...

4 Anniversary EN.jpg

Hello CC members, new and old.

Today marks the fourth anniversary of the launch of the Airbnb Community Center! This year feels like it has flown by and it’s certainly been a busy one.

Some of my personal highlights include:

• We have had fantastic posts that have had great participation in which you have given your opinion on topics such as:

A huge thank you to you all! We certainly couldn’t have made it this far without you and we’re excited to look to the future together. I feel our 5th year is going to be the best yet. 

What is your favourite best memory of the C.C.?

Thank you,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

14 Replies 14
Andrea-and-Francis0
Level 10
Mississauga, Canada

I enjoy reading other hosts interesting stories, experiences & feedback. Some stories make me laugh & some make me think thank goodness I haven't had to deal with that & hopefully never will 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

I would personally like to add my  huge thanks to everyone who has contributed to our community life here, over the past 4 years. Looking back the CC has changed quite considerably over this time and it's amazing to see the friendships that have been formed. I've also got 4 years older! hehe

I was looking at an old photo of what the CC homepage looked like when it was first launched in late 2015. Can any of you remember it? 

I think it is safe to say we have had every kind of emotion here over the years; lots of joy, some sadness and frustration, laughter and of course a  big bunch of support for one another.  I feel like our 5th year together is going to be a good one and I'm sure we are going to meet many friendly new faces along the way too. 

Thank you again.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hi, @Stephanie  and @Lizzie  I have been participating on this CC forum for 3.5 of those 4 years.  I began particpating in the forum to increase my understanding of the platform and the shared  home economy.  Then I became intrigued with the different issues hosts had to deal with in other countries.  Then I found I could offer some help to other hosts and sometimes guests.  Then I found I looked forward to reading the posts of certain other hosts and gained a larger perspective.  

Personally my participation (7000 + posts) has been a labor of respect for hosts, guests, and Air BNB as a concept.  I hope to continue to grow both as a person and as a host.  I know it is not always popular to express a positive attitude regarding Air BNB, especially due to recent tragic events. However, I will continue to use this forum as I see fit and hopefully to be of help to some others.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Same as @Linda108 I'm on this forum for 3,5 years.  I am missing some members who don't come here anymore and I wonder how are they and what they are doing? Remember Wanda, Marzena, Fred, Ben, Zaharias.... and who knows where is our Robin? And Olga from Ukraine? 😄

I noticed how posts topics have changed over the years. Just a few years ago the main subjects were "How many towels do you provide" "what amenities you have" "how do you make beds"... now topics are different and are mostly about platform glitches, trash parties, bad and intitled guests, refunds, missing payments...

It seems the joy of hosting disappeared. It's a pity.

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Stephanie

Huge thanks for you also 

Thanks, 

Miloud

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Hello, 

So many thanks for you also @Lizzie   

Thanks, 

Miloud

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

If airbnb was as nice as @Lizzie  is, it would be a real nice company.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Stephanie @Linda108 @Ute42 @Andrea-&-@Francis0@Miloud

@Branka-and-Silvia0 @Lizzie

& @everyone-else

love reading & sharing stories from all & afar.

It's been a priviledge to partake in Month of Celebration & the augural Festival of Hospitality.

Happy Birthday Community Centre & now I better go and join my local Community at our local supermarket's Community Christmas Celebration Party & have a glass of champagne & hopefully a glass of sake for another someone's birthday 💋😉

lol, it comes around every so many years on the same day, tis long standing joke with the owner..

keep up the fabulous input & contributions my fellow contributors.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww it been lovely to have you involved @Helen427. Thank you for your amazing enthusiasm and kindness with everything here in the CC. It been a busy year and we still need to get on with filling the Month of Celebration calendar for 2019! 🙂 Exciting times!!

I hope the Christmas celebration was fun...any mince pies? 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Lizzie

I'm usually a Steak Pie woman!

However do love a great Christmas Mince Pie..🙂

And you??

Hello everyone,

I enjoy reading other hosts interesting stories, experiences & feedback. It's good to share knowledge.

Chastity3
Level 8
Orlando, FL

Been hosting for four months and have been here since day 1 to get helpful tips and advice. Thanks to everyone for sharing your advice, stories, and everything in between. It’s been eye-opening and inspiring!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Congratulations @Chastity3 on your first four months of hosting. It really lovely to hear how much you enjoy from spending time here in the CC and that it has helped you in your hosting journey. 

Has there been any tips in particular that have helped you to become a better host? This might help other young hosts. 🙂 

--------------------

Congrats to all