5 years of the Community Center: a thank you to you all

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

5 years of the Community Center: a thank you to you all

CC 5th Birthday.png

Hello everyone, 

We are so pleased to wish you all a very happy 5 years of the Community Center! 

I remember very clearly our launch of the Community Center at the Airbnb Open in 2015 and getting very excited about the first two posts we received from you. I wonder if anyone else here remembers what it looked like back then?

Over the past 5 years we've had many highs and have formed our own community traditions, which I'm sure we will only add to. Some of the things that come to mind are the Month of Celebration, the member spotlights and we also had our first festival (and a pretty cool community video too). We have over 50 How to guides (some of these might need a little update now) and have been transported to far away places with local travel discoveries and stories. One of the newest and one that probably only resonates with a few of you, are our online social meetups which has been an absolute joy to be part of. It would be lovely to see more of you there in the future. 

This year has probably been one of the hardest yet and I know many of you have had a very difficult time. As Community Managers and as humans we are lucky to get glimpses into your lives and it is very hard for us to see you struggling. We always want to make sure you feel supported even at the hardest times and I know many of you have really tried to support each other. Even the smallest amount of brightness even from a person on the other side of the world can make such a huge difference. 🙂 

One thing I hear so often, and know from my own experience, is that our Community is made up of many wonderful people and you are the ones who make the community what it is. The support you offer each other, the experiences and tips you share and the feedback you provide all make a difference.

I do like to talk and could go on for several more pages, but I will keep it ummm...short (well kind of) and finish by saying on behalf of all the community team a  huge THANK YOU for being part of our community journey so far and the character you all bring. Here's to the future, to as much laughter and joy in the CC as we can get out of it and to making a difference. 

We look forward to the next 5 years and how we can continue to shape the CC together.  

Please do shared any of your favourite memories from the past 5 years. 

Thank you again, 

Lizzie, @Katie , @Quincy , @Nick , @Liv  (and of course @Stephanie

A massive thanks to Katie for her creative skills on the image here 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

47 Replies 47
Francesca
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Does delivery service work for a piece of cakes? 🙂 😅

Hey, hai un dubbio o una domanda?

Pubblicala cliccando >>QUI<< troveremo la risposta insieme.

Dai un’occhiata alla nostra netiquette, le

Linee guida della community

Yes @Francesca delivery service sure does work, including by sea and air.

We used to get lots of nice fresh cakes sent to this part if the world from Europe...Hoepfully we don't run out of stock of those European Goodies as I quite like them.

@LizzieDo you have the secret recipe?

Loving the fresh strawberry season in New Zealand.

I've heard through good sources we are in for bumper good prices for Blueberries and Cherries due to travel disruptions.

@Lizzie that looks yummy! I must make my cardamom milk tea to pair with that!

Congratulations to you and the rest of the CC comrades for reaching the tender age of 5! Thanks for the patience , lovely chats and looking forward for the many more new faces to see/know and to laugh with.

Besos,

Marissa107 in Estepona, Malaga Spain❤️
Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Lizzie .

Yes please mam.... and if I finish that piece, may I please have some more?
No, just kidding, one will suffice with my cup of tea! It definitely looks mouth watering! 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww you're a sweetie @Cathie19 of course. The secret is to have a second cuppa and then you get another slice...no questions asked. 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

🙌🏼🍰... 🍰 win... win!

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Happy birthday to the community.
Congrats to all CMs and community members!

Donata12
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Congrats and thank you all! I am not here too much these days but is good to know where i can find you!! Stay safe!

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Congratulations​ for an anniversary. Thanks everyone​ for being here and help each others. Especially​ the little​ surprise​gift​s you send to us.

Be safe​ and wish that a situation​ will getting​ better.

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Flower from you on the day I marry :-)Flower from you on the day I marry 🙂

Congrats to all teams and hosts who build this great community. Thank you all very much for the love and care you always have.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey guys,

I'm a bit fashionably late to the party, but I hope you've saved me some cake 😉

It's great to be part of the CC and it really is a privilege to get to know so many amazing hosts with such interesting stories and diverse backgrounds. Each one of you plays a big role in making our Community a supportive, positive and fun place to be in 💕

Thank you so much, and here's to 5 more wonderful years 🥂 🍰 

Esther359
Level 4
Seri Kembangan, Malaysia

this is my second year with CC. Certainly look forward to the next 5 years and more! 

Malvina11
Level 2
Dothan, AL

Thank you, @Lizzie @Katie  @Nick  @Quincy @Liv   @Stephanie  and all the contributors I read daily. Well, most days, anyway. 

I'm a fairly new participant in CC and new Airbnb Host (1 1/2 year) compared with many of you, since finding myself with more time on my hands due to the pandemic.

I hope that in 2021 we will be able to resume our normal activity. I love the opportunity to be an Airbnb Host. I learned a lot and I'm not alone anymore. I always have wonderful people sharing my home with me. Thank you Airbnb for your existence.

Happy 5 Years to CC ! And many more !

One thing I learned about dream...

They come true.

When God dream's, He dreams big.

And I decided to follow His example.

I believe 2021 we will big than ever!!!

Hi Airbnb Community Team,

Who can I thank for the great ads in our local West Australian newspaper yesterday and today? Spot on understanding our local scene and recovery with no tourists whom we rely on for part of our state income. 

Marg.  & Ian

Silver Gypsies

Angie216
Level 2
Lafayette, IN

Ok I jave yp admit that I have been a host of 3 ABB for 2.5 years and even though they will soon be up for sale. I am dumbfounded that I just found this community. Pre covid I hosted approx 345 familes from an avg of 25 countries each year. I am guessing between operating these ABB and and working FT. I did not have much time left.

Angie