5 years of the Community Center: a thank you to you all

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

5 years of the Community Center: a thank you to you all

CC 5th Birthday.png

Hello everyone, 

We are so pleased to wish you all a very happy 5 years of the Community Center! 

I remember very clearly our launch of the Community Center at the Airbnb Open in 2015 and getting very excited about the first two posts we received from you. I wonder if anyone else here remembers what it looked like back then?

Over the past 5 years we've had many highs and have formed our own community traditions, which I'm sure we will only add to. Some of the things that come to mind are the Month of Celebration, the member spotlights and we also had our first festival (and a pretty cool community video too). We have over 50 How to guides (some of these might need a little update now) and have been transported to far away places with local travel discoveries and stories. One of the newest and one that probably only resonates with a few of you, are our online social meetups which has been an absolute joy to be part of. It would be lovely to see more of you there in the future. 

This year has probably been one of the hardest yet and I know many of you have had a very difficult time. As Community Managers and as humans we are lucky to get glimpses into your lives and it is very hard for us to see you struggling. We always want to make sure you feel supported even at the hardest times and I know many of you have really tried to support each other. Even the smallest amount of brightness even from a person on the other side of the world can make such a huge difference. 🙂 

One thing I hear so often, and know from my own experience, is that our Community is made up of many wonderful people and you are the ones who make the community what it is. The support you offer each other, the experiences and tips you share and the feedback you provide all make a difference.

I do like to talk and could go on for several more pages, but I will keep it ummm...short (well kind of) and finish by saying on behalf of all the community team a  huge THANK YOU for being part of our community journey so far and the character you all bring. Here's to the future, to as much laughter and joy in the CC as we can get out of it and to making a difference. 

We look forward to the next 5 years and how we can continue to shape the CC together.  

Please do shared any of your favourite memories from the past 5 years. 

Thank you again, 

Lizzie, @Katie , @Quincy , @Nick , @Liv  (and of course @Stephanie

A massive thanks to Katie for her creative skills on the image here 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

47 Replies 47

@Angie216 , I think there are a lot of Airbnb Hosts that haven't found the CC yet.  Its definitely their loss cause this place is a foundry of Info and advice , a multi tiered resource that also creates modern day high tech pen-pal relationships that are extraordinary.  Sorry to hear your getting out of the business but that doesnt mean you can't play here!  Stay well, JR

Kathleen187
Level 3
Exeter, NH

@Lizzie  I've been  fortunate to meet so many wonderful people from all around the world! One of them is a young man who  stayed with us  for a month and is from the mountains in France.  It was his first time in the USA and we helped him learn the culture, getting around and knowing where to shop. We also helped him in purchasing a car. Dorian is now one of our  family members. Cheers!

I'm not on here so much these days, not sure why, but lovely to see such a smiley lineup pop up on what is a rainy morning here in west London. Well done, all. https://www.bestfitnesstrack.com/best-garmin-fitness-trackers/