A new addition to the Community Center

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

A new addition to the Community Center

Hiya everyone,

As some of you know, I'm due to head off on maternity leave in the next few weeks. In preparation of business as usual here on the EN CC, I'm pleased to introduce you all to @Katie  who has already begun working with us and will be doing so for the foreseeable!

@Katie will be joining @Lizzie , @Quincy , @Nick and @Liv as your EN online community management team. I'll leave Katie to introduce herself below. 

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

53 Replies 53
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone! 👋

As @Stephanie mentioned, I’m on board to help out with the English CC whilst she is off for the next few months doing the sterling job of being a mum. 

I’m excited to be here, joining a fab team with @Lizzie, @Quincy, @Nick and @Liv, here to help and support the community.

A little bit about me:

• I’m originally from a sleepy little village in the South of England, but in the past I’ve lived in Leeds (in the North), Madrid and Melbourne, and I’m now based in London. 
  • I love to travel and pretty much always stay in AirBnB’s nowadays - from Brazil to Cuba. (Sadly I don’t have the space to host just yet!)
  • I was lucky enough to visit Vienna and Lisbon this year, before we went into lockdown. Next on my travel ‘bucket list’ is Mexico… do you guys have any recommendations?

IMG_7087.JPG

Here’s a pic of me soaking up the culture in Rio de Janeiro

I’ll be dropping a DM to some of the super active users over the next few days, and I can’t wait to get to know everyone - please do reach out and say hello 😊

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the CC, @Katie! It's great to have you here 👻

Welcome, Katie!

@Katie 

This is a wonderful community, your enthusiasm is terrific. So glad to have you on board! 

@Stephanie Congratulations - and know you will be missed here. 

Kitty

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Stephanie  Wow, your​ live with a new capture​ is begin.

@Katie @Warm Welcome​ to CC😁

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Kitty-and-Creek0 @Nutth0 thanks so much for the welcome, great to be here 😊

Welcome to the community @Katie!  Looking forward to reading your posts!

Congratulations @Stephanie!  We want to see pics when the new baby arrives!

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the warm welcome @Jody79 😁

Cheers Katie! @Katie  Welcome I am sorry to say I haven't been super busy since March of this year but things are starting to pick up a little and I am looking forward to it. Be well.

Congrats @Stephanie !

Michelle Scheuermann
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Michelle926, and really glad to hear things are on the 'up' again for you 😊

Welcome to the community Katie.  I've been to Mexico, but it was many years ago, like 30 years, so alot has changed, I hear.  There's still wonderful places to visit.  Alot of Americans have migrated to Mexico as Expats, so you could google that as a start maybe, unless you're looking for total resort-touristy vibe.  Good luck and let us know about your experience whenever you make it to Mexico.

Timothy315
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Well Katie, I will give you a try but more in hope than expectation because nothing else has worked. I have been a host for a number of years and always had a good experience of Airbnb. I do understand that things can go wrong even in the best of companies but good companies always seem to have people who will own a problem and take responsibility for putting things right. Airbnb is the only company that does not seem to have anyone like this. And has anybody ever heard of a company where senior people are not allowed to speak to people in other departments? When you speak to someone, they are very polite but always say that they will pass on the matter, as a matter of urgency, to someone who can deal with the issue but passing things to someone else is not the same as taking personal responsibility for ensuring that the problem is solved. When I ask if they

are prepared to ensure that the person they have passed things to has actually dealt with the problem, they say that they are not able to do that. You can speak to a dozen people who will all "pass things on" to the right person. My account was compromised in July and as a result, the account was frozen. I was not informed of this and only found out when a guest that had stayed before told me that I was no longer listed. It is still difficult to take bookings and I have not been paid for July stays. People I talk to say that I "should" have been paid and will "pass the matter" to the accounts team but they are not allowed to talk to the accounts team. Now the telephone number used to speak to anyone has even disappeared. Bizarre! 

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hi Katie

Somewhat later, now I see this post!
Welcome !
I see you was in Selaron St´s starway, in Rio.
I see you really like traveling! 🙂

>>do you guys have any recommendations?

In Brazil, If you have not visited, vist Rio again and go for some day trips or to stay about 2 our 3 day in nearby places such as Paraty City, Ilha Grande (Grand Island), Arraial do Cabo City or Buzios City. Daytrip to Petropolis City.
Iguazu Falls in the South is a must, but you have to take a plane. I recommend 3 or 4 nights in Iguazu Falls. I recommend to see it from both sides, Brazil and Argentina side. (Argentina side daytrip from The City of Foz do Iguazu in Brazil).

In terms of other countries in South America, I recommend Peru, Lima, Cusca and Macchu Pichu. If you like cultural adventure, go to Titicaca Lake (Puno City in Peru and Copacabana City in Bolivia). La Paz in Bolivia is interesting and exotic. I was in all those places.
I returned from Copacabana City (the Bolivian one) to Puno and then from Puno to Cusco by bus to see the scenery. All those places are in high altitude, about 4.000 meters high.
Nazca City is also a must in terms of cultural adventure! Lots of people craving to see in local where Maria Reiche´s theories where concepted and also what Eric Van Daniken wrotte in his books. I enjoyed that place.

I also recommend to cross the Andes Chains of Mountains (take a bus from Santiago in Chile and arrive in Mendonza City Argentina). Travel during the day and pich a seat on the second floor of the bus with front window to see the unforgetable scenery.

Now I have to stop otherwise I would be writting a travel book! 🙂

Have a wonderful stay in this community and great travels in the future!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Bye bye @Stephanie . I hope you have a great time with the new baby, I'm sure you will.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I'm still here until this little kicker decides to make an appearance! Even in this 32 degree weather :'( @Mike-And-Jane0 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines