A new addition to the Community Center

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

A new addition to the Community Center

Hiya everyone,

As some of you know, I'm due to head off on maternity leave in the next few weeks. In preparation of business as usual here on the EN CC, I'm pleased to introduce you all to @Katie  who has already begun working with us and will be doing so for the foreseeable!

@Katie will be joining @Lizzie , @Quincy , @Nick and @Liv as your EN online community management team. I'll leave Katie to introduce herself below. 

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

53 Replies 53
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Esther359 😊

Ok noted, I'll see what I can do 👌

Teresa635
Level 2
Tyrone, GA

Welcome Katie!  I lived in the UK on the south for ten years!  

JJ--Judith0
Level 2
San Juan Capistrano, CA

HI ALL, esp @Katie the Admin in London, thanks for the reply just this morning, reg'd having missed out on Superhost funds during this pandemic.  Wanted to touch base further with you, as our son-in-law is from north Finchley, do you know that part of London? Since you asked about Mexico, YES, I/we know parts well, although vast, being from SOCAL as we say. Exactly 1 year ago we (5 of us) explored a not-well-known wine region of Baja California, called the Valle de Guadalupe, staying in an Airbnb along the northern coast above Enseñada. We LOVED IT...a newer region based on old vinyards with a historcally rich soil and climate making for a superb grape it is our new favorite ' Napa Valley'  region. The other part of MExico well worth visiting for culture & history and not just gorgeous beaches which are plenty, is the centro-de-Mexico, the historic San Miguel de Allende and Guanajuato, in the state of Guanajuato. As an artist/photographer, it is magical, was back & forth 8 times several years ago, and stayed 3 weeks once , enrolling in Spanish classes for expats..perfect place!  DM me when you are planning your Mexican adventure, I'll send you recommendations of spots not to miss. Stay Safe! Judith 

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @JJ--Judith0 , thanks so much for the amazing tips - they're giving me real wanderlust 🏜🏖😃

Yes, I'm familiar with North Finchley as a friend lived there, and I used to live in North London myself a few years ago. Small world eh! 

I'll definitely make a note of these recommendations and will DM you once I have some definite travel plans for Mexico as you have a wealth of knowledge - luckily I already speak Spanish so hopefully that will help 😊

JJ--Judith0
Level 2
San Juan Capistrano, CA

Que fantastico!!

Hi Katie.  

Interesting times, eh. 

we'll come out the other side of this wondering what all the fuss was about with a bit of luck.

Welcome to the hosting dark side. Hoist your pirate flag and crack open a bottle of Rum. Welcome aboard, shipmate. 

It's all about the voyage, not the destination.

ps. Airbnb employees get 1 percent off. at our place.

Tempted? 😬We have an ash tray.....

Ataf1
Level 2
Jerusalem, Israel

Hello Friends 

I wanted to say my greeting and  to share with you my daily update 

feel free to ask me 

thank you 

best regard 

Atef

Chef Atef
Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Stephanie huge good luck with the little one.

@Katie welcome and enjoy!

We have a new addition of our own...

aviary-image-1596442436341.jpeg

Maple, neice of Truffle.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Mike-And-Helen0, thanks for the welcome. Awwww Maple is absolutely adorable - congratulations! 🐶😍