A simpler Airbnb inspired by you

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

A simpler Airbnb inspired by you

Simplify Hosting

Hello Everyone,

As constantly reflected here in the Community Center, Airbnb hosts put an incredible amount of time and effort into providing great hosting experiences to guests. This make your time very precious, so it is important that the tools you use on Airbnb are accessible and easy to use.

Recently, many of you have shared ways in which the Airbnb website could be improved to support your hosting activities. It inspired a redesign of the website.

Over the coming weeks, you’ll see changes based on feedback from hundreds of hosts and that have been designed and tested in collaboration with the host community. Here are some of the changes you’ve inspired:

• Navigation is now consistent whether you’re on your phone or your computer
  • Key hosting features and tools like messaging and the calendar are more accessible 
  • Hosts who travel on Airbnb can now easily switch between hosting and traveling modes

For more information on what the team has learned from your feedback and how you have influenced changes to the site, please take a look at this Airbnb blog article.

We know how important it is to you that you are informed of changes on Airbnb and so we hope you welcome this information. We would love to hear from you, so please do share any thoughts you have on the process and what you think of these changes.

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

87 Replies 87

Thanks for your comment, Christine.

Now, as far as I understand, my problem with the new Airbnb app designed for IOS is not related to the OS, but to the new design of the Airbnb app; on my MacBook with the latest Sierra upgrade, the old Airbnb app still works perfectly; the same for the Android app on my smartphone; and it was not my upgrade of my Ipad's IOS that caused the problem, but my downloading and installing of the new Airbnb app. If anybody could just tell me how to retrieve the older version and uninstall the new one, I'd be perfectly happy.

Best regards, Bernard H.

My husband has an all incompassing theory that the more we like something, the more it is likely to change. His favorite boxed cereal is no longer on the grocery shelf at our favorite market, as am example. But in the case of Safari no longer being supported by Airbnb when there are millions of Mac users who prefer it, is hard to comprehend! I hate Firefox, and refuse to be coherced into using Chrome. Whatever enable hosts to efficiently and effectively respond to guests and operate our Airbnb pages is worth respecting! Hosts and guests deserve to be heard, not given platitudes but responses that enable us to do our job well!

Dear Madam

Please help me do callander up date on my page please

Tks - Nimal

@Nimal3,

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/447/how-do-i-set-dates-as-available-or-blocked-on-my-calendar

How do I set dates as available or blocked on my calendar?
Manage reservation settings

Dates that are available to book on your calendar are white. Unavailable dates are greyed out. You can manage your availability in your calendar:

1. Go to Manage Listing and Calendar on the listing you want to edit
  2. Select the dates you want to edit
  3. In the window that appears on the right, you can set your nightly price or make dates either Available or Blocked
  4. [Optional] Click Add note to enter private notes to yourself
  5. Click Save Changes after you’ve made your changes
Requests and reservations

Dates for pending requests and confirmed reservations will be automatically blocked on your calendar. Because one reservation could start in the second half of a day after a previous reservation ends, start and end dates of requests and reservations are partially filled.

Was this article helpful? Yes or No
Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

here, for comic relief, is how a simplified Airbnb is getting worked out in reality, when they are changing the description of my general location/ neighbourhood and add stuff I never posted:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Airbnb-s-update-in-the-Location-description-of-our-listi...

Jade21
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Hello to all just around the world I am Jade from Cape town, South Africa i am looking forward to chat to you all       Best Jade

Ged1
Level 1
eNtokozweni, South Africa

Thank you for making it easier to use, but please why can't we have an email address that we can use for queries etc

Marji

Wendy162
Level 2
New South Wales, Australia

I agree. We need an email address so we can get some help. That seems impossible for Airbnb. Not good. 

I agree with Roberta, Airbnb needs a tax button. I have chosen to take take out of my proceeds, instead of that awkward informing guests at the door that they now need to pay more to cover tax. Come on air BnB lets get it together and add that button and simplify and be transparent for guests and hosts. 

We include the 12% tax in our daily rate and then back it out of the total income when we pay the taxes quarterly to the city. Our guests don't see it nor do we have to ask them for it when they walk in the door. I have included a note in our description so that our guests are aware that the tax is already part of the daily rate and that nothing extra is requested of them.

Hi, We're new and I've been frustrated trying to get us up and running, then doing the required things. Today I went to fill in how we get paid. It asked for country, IBAN and SWIFT but not the bank account number. How can you pay us without that? shouldn't that be on your website? 

Also, when our first gues wrote to us, we got it through the website. When I hit reply I didn't know which one I was replying to, so you could make that a lot more clear on the new website.

Sharron

Hi Sharron,

IBAN is the combination of your bank account number and sort code so do not worry. That will be sufficient for you to get the payment 🙂

Second comment i am afraid but i do not understand so can not help.

Natalija

Hi Sharron

Go to your inbox, click on the guest message, write your reply and send, you will have a running check on your messages, good luck, Yvette

Janet94
Level 1
Menlo Park, CA

I would like to be able to contact other hosts in Menlo Park, California without their being penalized for "declining" my supposed stay at their place. I have met two people and enjoyed seeing their places and learning from them. I think that airbnb management will need to look at this idea.

janet #3292043

I get an OFFER from Germany with this text:

Hello,

The apartment pictures are attached!
You can rent the apartment for min. 2 months and max. 5 years but we can renew the contract. The apartment is fully furnished, but if you want, you can rent it unfurnished. The utilities costs are included.
As I told you in my first e-mail, I am  with my work right now. Before leaving Germany I had prearranged the deal with Airbnb Company so my presence isn't necessary. The keys and all needed papers are in their possession, ready for delivery. You will have 3 days to inspect the the apartment before rent it. Airbnb will start the delivery for the keys and the contract to you, but first you must deposit the value of 1 rental months(500 EUR) plus + 1.300 EUR Kauiton total is  (1.800 euro) in their account. So if you want to make this deal please login to the www.Airbnb.com website, and after that please send me the following details:
Full name and address:
Shipping address:
Airbnb username:
ID or Passport Copy:
After I'll receive your details I will forward them to Airbnb and I will proceed the order. Airbnb will contact you with all the details that you need, to complete this deal. Waiting your email with the requested details.
Best regards,
Johann

Is it style of AirBNB!????

I doubt about it!!!

Please that reply to me somebody from AirBNB!!

Rgds

Marijan

my mail:  marijan.ban@centrus.hr