Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb Host Community Tour

World.jpg

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all having a good week.

I wanted to let you know about an upcoming trip that Laura Chambers,  who leads the team dedicated to helping hosts succeed, and I will be making from April 2nd-12th.

The trip is a whistle-stop tour around the world, with stops in Tokyo, Sydney, Rome, London and Toronto; with the aim being to catch-up with as many of our hosts community and listen to your thoughts.

I will be posting here in the CC throughout the trip, telling you about the hosts we meet along the way and the topics being discussed. I hope you will be keen to contribute to the conversations.

In addition, you are also likely to be treated with many pictures of me sitting in different airport lounges. So, much to look forward to! 🙂

Keep an eye out for my posts.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

48 Replies 48
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

sounds very exciting @Lizzie ! 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Lizzie cool idea! Can't wait to hear about it.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Emilia42 and @Paul1255. It's great to hear you like the sounds of it. I think we are going to have some great conversations and probably a few quirky topics along the way too. 🙂 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

5 major cities in 10 days... No time to come to Daylesford... If the plans change and you get a break in Oz, I would love to see you! Have a great trip.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Yes, I don't think we will know what day it is! Aww that would be so lovely @Sandra126. I wish there was more time to see everyone. 

--------------------

@Sandra126 I don't know if Lizzie ever mentioned it, but I love Daylesford! In fact, my parents were Airbnb hosts there for several years (in Muskvale) and I loved taking my kids there to see all the kangaroos (and lavender!) I drive by pretty often when I'm back home (my Grandpa lives in Bendigo), I'd love to drop by on my next trip and say hi.  (I grew up in Ballarat, so not tooo far away). ~Laura

--------------------

Lead, Airbnb Core Hosts & Community

Here's my Community Spotlight!

What are your favorite notes from your guests?

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Laura_C, send me a message when you are next in the area, I am usually around! We can have coffee or whatever. I look forward to it.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Laura_C, great to see that @Lizzie has a native of Australia as her co host / travel companion...

Have you visited New Zealand yet in your travels?

Hi @Helen19 ! Yes I’ve had a blast showing Lizzie around - and making sure she gets lots of Tim Tams and Vegemite in 🙂 I haven’t been to NZ since I started at Airbnb,  but I’ve visited lots of times before then and fabulous my sister in law is a kiwi. Random fact - I spent 3 months doing some consulting work at a paper mill in Whakatane many years ago!!!

--------------------

Lead, Airbnb Core Hosts & Community

Here's my Community Spotlight!

What are your favorite notes from your guests?

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Lizzie  you could get a quick flight across the ditch from Sydney to us 😉 ‘cheap as chips’ too with Air Nz specials 😉 

Sehyun0
Level 3
Jeju-si, South Korea

I do hope that your whistle - stop tour will bear wonderful fruit with a big smile.

Looking forward to getting productive news from you. Thanks!

Yollenda0
Level 2
Malaysia

I do hope that your whistle - stop tour will stop by Malaysia.

Looking forward to get productive news from you.

Thanks!

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Sounds exciting Lizzie @Lizzie , mainly to you that are in the prime of your lifes and full of energy 🙂

I will read your posts with great interest !

It will be a travel marothon! 5 big cities in 12 days = 2,4 days a city!! And there is the jet lag...

It will be a very good opportunity to see if the host that are welcoming you both are really good! They have to treat you both very well ! 🙂

Have a nice trip and enjoy the adventure! 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hehe! Thanks @J-Renato0. I am sure they will. 

Pity we aren't heading to Brazil on this trip, it would be lovely to meet you. 

I hope you enjoy the posts. 🙂

--------------------