[April 29th] The Host Talk - Sustainability

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[April 29th] The Host Talk - Sustainability

Adicionar um título (2).png

Hey everyone,

After the CC social’s success, a few members have shared their desire to have a new type of online get-together where we could have more Hosting focused conversations.

With that in mind, we have decided to give your idea a go! 😊

Apart from the Social meet-up, we now have The Host Talk, a Community Center meeting for sharing and discussing pre-chosen Hosting related topics. 

We plan on giving you guys the chance to vote on your preferred subjects in the future, but to kick things off, this first session will have the theme of Sustainability.🐛

@Anna1403 , our sustainability focused HAB member, will be joining the conversation with fellow hosts who are interested in sharing their experience and coming up with insights for a more sustainable way of Hosting.

The meet-up will take place on Thursday April 29th, 3:30PM (BST).

Timezones:

Thursday April 29th, 9:30AM (Kansas City / Pensacola, Florida)

Thursday April 29th, 10:30AM (New York / Toronto)

Thursday April 29th, 4:30PM  (Spain)

Thursday April 29th, 11:30PM (Seoul)

Friday April 30th, 00:00 AM (Darwin)

Friday April 30th, 00:30 AM (Melbourne) 

If you would like to join, please register before the start time by clicking here.

Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out this CC guide

Have you got any sustainability related questions you would like to to ask fellow hosts? Is there any specific discussion you’d like to have around this theme? 🌿

Let us know below so we can pick a few  suggestions to get our conversation started.

I’m really looking forward to chatting with you 💚

Thanks a lot and I’ll see you there!

Liv

109 Replies 109

Hi @Mary996,

You mean I necessary to be there to crash the party?

But I need to wait till really going before I need to crash.

@Liv 

Am  I allow to make a mess?

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Yay Dale... great that you're coming. You are invited... we all are!

Of course you won't make a mess. Just go into receptive mode and be a great listener. But no doubt with your architectural experience you will have one or two gems to share!

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Dale711,

Everyone who's interested in having a constructive discussion around sustainability is more than welcome 😉

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Spain's in the list of times @Alexandra316 - I think it's the same timezone as Netherlands?

I propose a @Quincy check...

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie yes, it's the same time as Spain. What I meant was that the times of the meet ups are either during the workday here (between 7 am and 5 pm) or really late on a weeknight (11 pm). It would be good to have a meet up that's at a European friendly time. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Alexandra316 Agree on that, we're in the same boat in the UK. What we hope is that as we build success with both Host Talk and CC social, we could potentially run in two timezones. I appreciate that its not an immediate result but I'm very hopeful for May!

Thanks for your patience 🙂

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Great plan @Stephanie . It would be wonderful to encourage new Hosts, and those new to the CC who are also experienced, to come along and participate here .

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Alexandra316, it's great to hear you're keen to join us 😊

I'm sorry you can't attend this one, but as @Stephanie  said, we'll be sure to find a more convenient time for Europe based members next time! 

@Liv oh I'm going to make it now....wouldn't miss it for the world. You can critique my choice of garden decor; I can put some faces to names.

In terms of topics...

Love to see how others are dealing with:

- Charging elelectic vehicles;

- Waste seperation and garbage reduction ;

- making sustainable choices then marketing that as part of the listing. Green energy, environmentally safe cleaning products, recycling and composting, geothermal heating, wind/solar power, etc are all potentially selling features. Is anyone using this, and if so, how is it going?

Looking forward to seeking everyone there! 

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Alexandra316 Oh nice, happy to hear you're coming 😊

Thanks for so many great suggestions, we'll see you there!

@Liv @Alexandra317  Electric cars have been slow to take up here in Australia and our local Southcoast Airbnb group was asking how to charge up cars on your house. Answers, advice and suggestions came from our group educating how to do it and where guest can charge up in some of our rural localities. A learning curve for me and I think others. The new future for us downunder.

@Laurelle3 same in Canada. There aren't many public charging points in rural areas. For the time being, I have a deal with the winery across the street using their fast chargers, and I allow people to use the outdoor plug outside the flat if they're okay with charging overnight. It's been a rare occurance at this point and I haven't bothered trying to charge for it. 

@Liv 

I will be there~ no beer this time 😆 

I'm on a cleanse till Friday~~ 😐 

Fantastic @Jessica-and-Henry0  that you're doing a cleanse. Do you fast as well? I used to do these things but have become so undisciplined. Its inspiring to be be in contact with others working on self-improvement! I am such an appalling specimen of humanity.....!!!!

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Jessica-and-Henry0 Happy to hear you're joining us!

Good luck with your cleanse and we'll see you Thursday 😆