CEO Brian Chesky answers your questions

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

CEO Brian Chesky answers your questions

Hello everyone,

I wanted to let you know that the first global host Q&A with our CEO and Head of Community Brian Chesky is next week. In the Q&A, Brian will answer your top-voted questions.

To submit your questions about the Airbnb platform, hosting, or anything else you’d like Brian to address, visit the event page* (note that you’ll need to register first). You can also vote for your favorite questions from other hosts around the world.

The Q&A will be livestreamed from San Francisco on November 29th at 6:00pm PST (UTC–8) so make sure to tune in live, or watch the video afterwards.

The event will be held in English, but videos with translated subtitles will be posted in the Community Center a few weeks after the livestream.

I’m looking forward to reading your questions and seeing which ones are most important to you.

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

* ----------Updated Feb 2018----------

Hello,

This event has now finish, to watch the recording, take a look here.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

40 Replies 40
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Debbie_Jim0,

It is so nice to see you back in the Community Center. How are you? 

I am pleased to see you are looking forward to the webinar and you have voted. It would be great to hear your thoughts on it afterwards. 🙂

I hope you enjoy it later. 

@Branka-and-Silvia0, just wondered how are you getting on? Have you managed to get into view the page yet? 

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Joanne-Flynn0
Level 9
Phoenicia, NY

@Lizzie

I'm excited for this event to start! 

Counting the minutes

Joanne

Watching it now.

He should be a politician, the way he has avoided direct answers to any of the questions so far!

... a bit later on...

Ok, so I wasn't too impressed by the answers about hosting. And when he started on "Experiences" I was thinking "here we go, the advertising begins".

But by the end of it, I was inspired, he got me thinking!

$300k hiking with wolves? Living in the community?

My mother who has travelled all over the world relates one of her best memories as the time spent in the local community with my wife's family in remote Brazil. Yes! This is an experience we can package!!  

Unfortunately I missed this. Where can we view the recording?

Thank you!

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Lizzie if have a rerun please kindly let me know.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Joanne-Flynn0@David111

Thanks so much for sharing your comments here. Joanne I love to see you excitment and countdown, we should definitely get together here in the CC, next time there is a live event and have a community countdown together. 🙂 Did you enjoy the event?

It is great to hear you thoughts on the Q&A, David, thanks for sharing. It is always useful to hear your feedback on events like this, we want them to be as useful to the community as possible. If you have any specific points you would also like to share, please do. Just to add, I really like your story about your mother's travels, it's clearly a great lasting memory and by the sounds of it not one that many people get to experience. 

@Nutth0@Cristina-And-Daniel0, I will be sharing a video of the Q&A, the team are just adding translations to it so everyone can watch it, once it is ready I will share it here in the Community Center, so you won't miss out. 🙂

Thanks again,

Lizzie

--------------------

Brian did not even answer the question about Why Airbnb allows profiles without at real photo of the person.  Any insight on this @Lizzie?

Joyce81
Level 2
Brecksville, OH

I am sorry I missed it. When will the replay be available and is there a new link?

Betsy9
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

Please tell me where I can find the viedo for last nights Q and A's live stream. I can't find it any where. 

Thank you!

Betsy

Queenie0
Level 10
United States

@Lizzie Will there be a unique place to provide feedback on the Q&A? I have quite a few comments and am wondering where to post them.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Queenie0,

Thanks for asking about this. You are welcome to share your feedback here in this thread and I will be happy to pass this over to the team, however if you feel it is something that we can have more of a discussion on, please do create a new topic sharing your thoughts and I can share the whole discussion with the team afterwards. 🙂

Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

Lizzie

--------------------

Just commenting so we get an email in regard to a video or transcript being posted of the Q & A.

We submitted questions but are not sure which questions were picked.

Teresa--Terri-0
Level 4
Kennewick, WA

It was very frustrating to learn about this event through another forum AFTER it occured. Several people i that forum said they recieved an email about it. 

I have never recieved emails from Air except or those concerning bookings. Yes, I have all the appropiate notifications checked.

How would I have know about this to either participate, vote or watch???  I don't spend much time reading forums - busy with life and hosting!

Teresa--Terri-0
Level 4
Kennewick, WA

I thought I posted a comment here a couple of hours ago but i must have hit a wrong key...

My question: how do we find out about these events? Another host in a different forum posted he had recieved an email about it. I have all the notifications checked and am a Superhost but I have never recieved any notifications other then my guests/hosting notices. I would have listened if I knew about it and there are questions I would have loved to had answered.

I received 3 emails from Airbnb about this, on November 15, 27 and 29.

The sender address was hello@airbnbmail.com.

Perhaps they were caught by your spam filter?