Calendar Updates

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Calendar Updates

Calendar

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a good start to the week.

I know the calendar is very important to you and as such it a regular topic here in the Community Center. With this in mind, I wanted to let you know about some improvements which have been made to the calendar as the result of host feedback. 

Now you can view your listing’s availability for 12 months at once instead of month-by-month. You can also block dates in the future when you know you can’t host. These updates and more—thanks to your input.

To find out more, take a look at this blog article.

It would be fantastic to hear your thoughts on this, please do share them here.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

45 Replies 45
Andras7
Level 3
Athens, Greece

multicalendar.jpgnew multicalender view : why on earth did you take out the note function ?! there is more than enough space to have a note under the euro amount and how is accepted even important ?! i can see that in the inbox, you could mark non-accepted in a different color, for me the most important data is how many people staying the the room and what time they arrive, how much i made and if its accepted are comletelly irrelevant in multi calander view, i have 3 room for rent with an occupancy rate of 90% most guest are only staying 1 night , i have to see quick what time they arrive and how many people are staying in the room, i use the note function for that , now even that function is gone, not a good change, i kinda get the optics update, but not the functionality, there is no problem with vertical space on low resolution computers or even phones, but horizontal, for that its a good change , but vertically there is more than enough space on the screen for each room even if you happen to have 6 rooms, no need to take out the note feature 😞 BAD change, very BAD

Mike11
Level 4
Cape Town, ZA

Hi Lizzie,

Instead of viewing multiple months, howabout viewing multiple venues?

I have 4 venues I wish to view (1 to 4 Omega in Bloubergstrand) but cannot.

Is there a way to do this?

Anna8
Level 2
Milan, Italy

Hi, please make this possible:

view prices suggestions even if selecting a whole month in which some days are blocked.

would make calendar updating easier and faster whe renting a place only for long weekends

thanks

Anna

Deborah297
Level 1
Glenwood Springs, CO

How do you offer discounts for the next few weeks?

Arney-and-Gísli0
Level 1
Kópavogur, Iceland

Hello,

I have been looking for information about how the occupancy rate is calculated, but without success.

What is the baseline for the calculation? Is it 365 days a year or are the dates that are blocked for my own use excluded?

Thanks in advance,

Arney

Louis116
Level 1
Vanderbijlpark, South Africa

HI, the question still is not answerred - how often is theww AirBnB calendar synced with your Google calendar - the delay is why I am not able to switch in direct bookings as I am listed on many similar sites

Daniel1158
Level 1
Arlington, VA

I am a Guest at AirBnb accomodations.  I would like an additional calendar feature to help close the loop between Host and Guest.  When the reserviation is accepted, an  iCal, Outlook and Google Cal file should accompany the e-mail that I can use on my own calendar to track date, location, reservation number and similar key information, such that when I'm on the road, I will have sufficient information to negotiate the accomodation.

Karen440
Level 2
Boise, ID

My rental has a short peak season with very high demand. Because of this, I would like to see a more interactive calendar. For example, I have a three night minimum and if a guest tries to book a stay that creates an unbookable two night slot - the calendar prompts the guest to adjust their stay. I really don't want the reservations that create unbookable holes in my calendar (at least in the beginning, later I might approve a two night stay...) and I don't want to decline their reservation - I would like the calendar to have some sort of prompt. We as host could turn this feature on or off (sort of like you can turn on smart pricing.)

Graeme19
Level 3
Culver City, CA

I'm having trouble finding this elsewhere in the forum, but the new Calendar update does not include a very, very useful button the desktop view anymore.  Before, when you highlighted a set of dates, you could click "What do guests pay?"  That helps immensely with pricing strategy.

Also, the tutorial info on setting rule sets no longer applies with the new calendar format.

Kathy286
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

My main issue is this:

- I generally only have a room available Tues-Thurs, but have in my wording, they can message me to see if other dates are available with a booking - what I would like, is a calendar flag or NOTES WITH THE i (for information) that we see in motel bookings, to be able to show and they can read - rather than just book elsewhere 

Iain33
Level 2
Alberta, Canada

When making adjustment to dates to future months, the calendar resets and takes you back to the current month. When trying to set pricing for upcoming dates, this is very frustrating to continuously need to scroll back to the month you are adjusting. 

Francisco252
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Lizzie how are you? I’d like some merchandise from AIRBNB. Is that possible. Keys cases for exemple!

Daljit0
Level 5
Windsor, United Kingdom

There needs to be more felxibility on setting prices. I want my weekend rate to be Fri, Sat and Sun. At this moment its only Fri and Sat. I also want my rate to be higher on bank holidays and festive seasons. I have to do this manually. I also want to block one day before a booking instead it only allows one day after and one day before. Thats just plain silly.

Keith6
Level 4
Daytona Beach, FL

YOU GUYS DID SOME KIND OF UPDATE YESTERDAY WHERE I CAN NO LONGER SEE MY AVAILAABLE MULTIPLE AIRBNB LISTINGS. 

I HAVE A BED AND BREAKFAST HOUSE WITH 6 ROOMS IN AIRBNB (11 TOTAL AVAILABLE ROOMS) , I LIST EACH IN AIRBNB EACH AS INDIVIDUAL OR THE WHOLE HOUSE UNDER ONE ROOM FOR LARGE GROUPS.  SOMEONE WOULD CALL AND SAY THEY NEED 4 ROOMS FOR A CERTAIN DATE, I WOULD PULL UP MY CALENDAR AND SEE ALL THE ROOMS AVAILABLE,  EASY PEASY.   

NOW WITH THIS UPDATE MY WHOLE CALENDAR IS GREY, EXCECPT FOR THE BOOKINGS WHICH WERE ALREADY MADE.  I CANNOT SEE DATES AT ALL, IT IS ALL GREY.  I CALLED HELP AND THEY TOLD ME IS IS WHERE I OPT IN OR OUT OF PROFESIONAL TOOLS IN MY SETTINGS, SO IF I USE PROFESSIONAL TOOLS, I CAN ONLY SEE MY ROOMS ONE BY ONE, VERY INEFFICIENT TO ME, AS I NEED TO SEE ALL AVAILABLE.  THIS WOULD TAKE ME OVER AN HOUR TO BOUNCE BACK AND FORTH IF SOMEONE NEEDS MULTIPLE ROOMS.   YOUR NEW UPDATE STATES  "

Explore tools designed to help you host more efficiently, whether it's just you or a team. Try them out and switch back if they’re not right for you."

THIS UPDATE IS IN NO WAY MORE EFFICIENT TO ME, IT IS DEVASTATING.  AND IF I GO BACK TO NOT USING PROFESSIONAL TOOLS, I CANNOT SEE ANY DATES ON MY CALENDAR ANYMORE, SO NO, YOU ARE LYING WHEN YOU STATE "MORE EFFICIENT" AND "SWITCH BACK"    PLEASE FIX IT TO WHERE IT WAS YESTERDAY, WHERE I CAN SEE MY CALENDAR WITH ALL ROOMS WITH THE DATES, NOT GREYED OUT.  I SERIOUSLY NEED TO SPEAK WITH A SUPERVISOR IN I.T. ASAP.   SUPERHOST KEITH

Before you get carried away with self-congratulations about your new Calendar Airbnb how about looking at Homeways Calendar which is far superior.  

The right hand column is so useful as it allows hosts to enter prices by days of the week which can be inserted in large blocks of several months at a time.  

This saves hosts so much time and prevents mistakes being made. 

Especially when the calendar in month view shows the month in the top left hand corner and the actual dates are for a totally different month.  I have to use year view then select the month due to the inaccuracy of the month view.

So come on Airbnb improve that calendar stop showing useless hosting tips which are irrelevant and childish marketing ploys to get us to undersell our properties so you get the booking.  Please put the column to the right to some real value and let us enter prices by days of the week as well as the normal flat base price.