Community Center Guidelines (Updated)
Welcome! The Community Center is an online forum where hosts can connect with other hosts, and where both hosts and travelers can share experiences, ask questions, and give advice.
Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. To support that mission, we’ve created guidelines to make sure everyone knows what’s expected of them and what they can expect from others in this online forum.
Community Managers help ensure the Community Center is a welcoming place for all members. If you see something that goes against these guidelines, please report it using the ‘Inappropriate Content' link under 'Options' in the post. We review flagged content and take appropriate action as needed.
Please review the following guidelines:
- Be respectful and encouraging of each other, even if your opinions differ.
- Write simply and clearly, and post full answers so other members can engage easily with you (click here for tips on gettings started)
- Ensure you adhere to rules in Airbnb’s Content Policy such as not posting advertisements or revealing personal information like phone numbers for yourself or others. This is a public forum where content in public boards are accessible to anyone.
We don’t allow:
- Advertising or other commercial content, company logos, links, or company names
- Spam, unwanted contact, or content that is shared repeatedly in a disruptive manner
- Content that endorses or promotes illegal or harmful activity, or that is profane, vulgar, obscene, threatening, or harassing
- Content that is discriminatory (review the Help Center for more detailed information: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2867/nondiscrimination-policy)
- Attempts to impersonate another person, account, or entity, including a representative of Airbnb
- Content that is illegal or that violates another person’s or entity’s rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights
- Content that refers to the details of an Airbnb investigation
- Content that is sufficient to identify a listing’s location or other content that may pose a personal safety risk to an Airbnb community member e.g. personal information such as email addresses, phone numbers, credit card details etc.
- Content that is off-topic, doesn’t ask a question, or doesn’t offer knowledge in response to a question as part of a larger discussion
- Trolling or repeatedly targeting community members
In the event of repeated or severe violations, we may suspend or permanently deactivate the account(s) in question.
- Every member should feel welcome no matter who they are or where they come from. Please be respectful and inclusive of other members in accordance with Airbnb’s Nondiscrimination Policy
Breach of guidelines
Any breach of these guidelines may result in posts being edited or removed, or in extreme cases may warrant a member’s temporary or permanent suspension from the Community Center. In most cases, Community Managers will attempt to reconcile any issues through discussion before a suspension is considered.
Airbnb may also take legal action wherever appropriate. We’d rather not do that, so play nice and keep to the guidelines!
Please note the Community Center is not a dedicated Airbnb help channel so if you are traveling, have a time-sensitive request, or need help with a personal issue, please contact Customer Service.