February: Host Advisory Board Spotlight

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

February: Host Advisory Board Spotlight

Hello everyone,

Thank you to everyone who introduced themselves to the Host Advisory Board (HAB) earlier this month, it was a great conversation. 

As we are nearing the end of February, I'm pleased to share the next spotlight and update from @Omar202, who is representing the group this month. Take a look at his article in the Airbnb Resource Center here

We want to continue the conversation here in the Community Center, so feel free to share any thoughts in this discussion below. If you want to highlight any topics elsewhere in the Community Center to the HAB, you can use the tag #HostAdvisoryBoard.

Thank you for all the kind words and constructive ideas/feedback you have shared so far with the HAB, they really appreciate your support.

Lizzie (and all of the EN CC team)

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

72 Replies 72
Omar202
Host Advisory Board Alumni
México D.F., Mexico

Hi @Mary996 thanks for your message and best wishes I really appreciate it 😊

Your contribution as well as all the host communities around the globe regardless of the regions and countries are key to achieve unity, synergies, networking and thus success for all of us as hosts so I will be always glad and happy to be here in the EN CC space to support and contribute as needed.

Sincerely,

Omar

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Hi Omar

Would you like me to tag you in the conversation about the priorities of Members in the CC ?

We had a discussion about the issues of most importance to participants.

Very best wishes

Mary

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

@Omar202 T

Many thanks indeed for your reply. Hope all well with you. This message is in the wrong order!! May I ask as to the date of your next meeting with the Exec? Do you have an Agenda as yet?

Very best wishes

Mary

Omar202
México D.F., Mexico

Hi @Mary996 The HAB hold regular sessions across committees (diversity and belonging, sustainability, and host empowerment) together with Airbnb, so we will be glad to receive ideas, suggestions and opportunities from the CC regardless of the language, regions and countries.

I strongly believe that keeping an interactive, productive and open discussion with the the CC will at the end add value to all the hosts communities worldwide.

Regards,

Omar

Omar202
México D.F., Mexico

Hi @Mary996 thanks for taking the lead and starting the conversation with the EN CC members you may want to use the tag #HostAdvisoryBoard so all the HAB members can refer and follow the conversation along.

Regards,

Omar

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Thanks Omar very warmly appreciated! I'm excited to know that it's possible to be able to do this and for others too!  Yay!!  Thank you so much. That's so great that a system is coming together. Can I just trouble you to decode EN ... I understand CC is Community Centre! Also can you help... I have no idea how to make italicised script???? But I will certainly use the above from now on (if I can work out italicised script....) and am soooo delighted that things are coming together. 

Very best wishes from Mary

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

ok aha... here is italicised  script....!!  YAY Thanks again @Omar202 

Good day @Anna1403 @Mary996 @Omar202 @Nina980

I attended a webinar this past week with Veena Singla, PhD, an energy efficiency and indoor air quality expert.  Weatherization such as installing insulation to increase building energy efficiency and decrease utility costs is certainly one significant sustainability criteria. Investments in energy efficiency deliver tangible environmental benefits, but Singla explains that not all weatherization materials are created equal.  Her blog has lots of helpful articles and information:  

https://www.nrdc.org/experts/veena-singla

I do believe that an international Airbnb Sustainability Logo offers our best opportunity to both acknowledge and encourage hosts who make sustainability initiatives a priority.  However, much consideration and planning must first take place so that a comprehensive list of high quality investments is generated along with a points system.   The HAB might consider inviting experts such as Singla to offer guidance in generating such a list.

@Helen3  hello, what is IB ?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Instant Book 😁 @Konstantinos0 

Candice166
Level 2
Kingston, Jamaica

Hi , my name is Candice , I’m very new to hosting ( I began in December, 2020) . I have one listing in Kingston , Jamaica. 

I enjoy hosting and have met some wonderful guests so far. Looking forward to connecting with you guys 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

A very warm welcome to you @Candice166. It's great to meet you. 

I hope your hosting journey is going well. Have you hosted your first guest yet? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Omar202
México D.F., Mexico

Hi @Candice166 please receive a warm welcome to the lovely hosting journey 🙌

I took a look at your listing and I'm very impressed for the work and dedication you put to create this wonderful chic & cozy space 😉, and wow pure 5 🌟reviews all over, thats incredible you are really crushing it, congratulations!

I loved to read every single review from your guests you are definitively going above and beyond to delight them that's so awesome ❤️; in addition you are taking the time to respond to each and every review which is by far an excellent practice so your future potential guests can read them and see that you always care about connection, communication and appreciation and thus will not hesitate to book your space!

Please stay tuned in the Community Center for our March virtual meetup, I will be very happy to meet you 😉

🌟You are a host star 🌟  wish you a happy hosting!

Sincerely,

Omar

Thank you so much for your kind words Omar! 

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Hi @Omar202 Thanks for introducing yourself and ...Welcome to your new role!

As @Helen3  and  @Mike-and-Jane have indicated there are some pressing issues. May I ask as to when you will next be meeting with the Exec?

How would it be if those of us active in the Community Centre were to agree upon one issue to be taken to the Board ... would you be willing to relay that ... with the objective of obtaining a resolution and report back with the result that the action will take effect and on which date?

I do have a suggestion of a very straight forward matter that several members have said they'd like to see put in place. I'll come back to you with the names of those proposing it and try to get concensus that this particular issue (or another one) is agreed upon to be taken forward.

I hope you might be prepared to agree to this dear Omar. We need an effective structure for resolving various matters, and, as you have stepped into the role I can see this being straight forward and effective. I have every confidence in you that you could do this.

I'll start a new post to try and get agreement as to our priorities and which one issue we'd like you to take to the Exec at their next meeting.... if there is agreement would this be ok with you and you'll pass it along and come back with details of the result and as to when the change will take effect?

Very best wishes