Katie: I'll be away from the CC 5th - 9th October

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Katie: I'll be away from the CC 5th - 9th October

1 - stock-photo-la-west-la-by-bettinabogar-146554327_HR1 smaller.jpg

Hello lovely people,

I just wanted to let you know that I'll be away from the Community Center next week as I'm taking a few days holiday 🏖

Never fear, my fantastic colleagues @Nick @Liv @Quincy and @Lizzie will be here to help as ever, so please give them a shout if there's anything you need.

I'll be very sad to miss next week's meetup, but I know you'll all be on good form, and I'll see you on the next one 💻

Have a fantastic week, and I'll see you soon 😁

Thanks,

Katie

15 Replies 15
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Have a lovely week off @Katie, rest up and have fun. I hope you manage to find a hammock as nice as the one in the photo. 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Happy Holidays @Katie 

Do you have a good book to read whilst sunning on the hammock?

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Helen427! I actually read three (well, two and a half...): 

Disobedience by Naomi Alderman (loved it, really interesting insight into the Jewish community in the UK)

The Devil and Miss Prym by Paulo Coelho (an easy read, although a little too allegorical in places)

Calypso by David Sedaris (I've never read and Sedaris before but really enjoying this one, very humorous and relatable)

If you have any holiday reads you'd recommend then let me know - I tend to get lazy in the Autumn and binge a bit too much telly so something with a bit of escapism would be fab 😁

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Katie  Enjoy your break !

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Enjoy the break @Katie . Wish I could offer you my pool for the week..... :sweat_droplets:F05A6995-78AB-4F54-8E2F-6ECEF679527D.jpeg

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Cathie19 - love the look of the pool, surrounded by all of the tropical greenery 😍🌱

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Katie  Oh great!  Have a wonderful time.  Don't fall out one of those windows before you go.  🙂

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Haha thanks @Ann72, it's reliably rubbish weather here in London today so I might just open a few windows for some screen-time sunshine ☀️

@Katie  😂

Good to know where we can find you!  #windowswap

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Have a good one @Katie  

So that you know I’m incredibly jealous of the guy in that photo 😒

Marissa107
Level 6
Marbella, Spain

Have an enjoyable break @Katie .

Help!!! Why do I get an automatic Russian translation as soon as I open the CC conversation? Can anyone explain please?

Many thanks,

Marissa

Marissa107 in Estepona, Malaga Spain❤️
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Marissa107 I've spent rather a long time in my own living room lately, so it was nice to get away for a little bit 😊

Oh no! Are you still getting the Russian? It's strange as we don't offer a Russian CC, but maybe if you have accidentally selected the option to translate English to Russian (I know Google Chrome has this option)?

If you can send me a screenshot that would be great and I can take a look 🙂

Thanks @Katie ,

It's gone! I hope it's for good.

Besos,

Marissa107 in Estepona, Malaga Spain❤️
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Hope you had a nice break.

Nothing has been fixed on my account, which Nick DMed me to ask about on Friday. But I can't reply to either your or Nick's DM messages at all now, nor anyone else's. It has been almost 2 weeks that my CC account has been broken and it doesn't seem that anyone is working on it. And if you DM me about it, I can't reply there- I just keep getting the "Invalid HTML" and if I hit reply again, it just keeps happening until it says I can't reply anymore. 

@Katie