Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lizzie | A big thank you!

Thank you.jpg

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing well. 

In 2015 the Community Center (CC) was launched at the Airbnb Open in Paris and I became the Community Manager of this English speaking community. It was just me then and it's safe to say the CC looked considerably different to how it does now! 

Fast forward 7 years, 1.2 million members later, 1.5 millions posts later, 5 Months of Celebrations, 2 Festivals of Hospitality, many community spotlights, many many online meetups, many many many Airbnb updates later, so many supportive and helpful discussions, a few milestone baked cakes and even being lucky enough to meet some of you in person @Robin4 @Alexandra316 @Lawrene0 @Ann72 @Paul1255 @Gordon0  (plus so much more)...we get to August 2022. There has been many great moments together, laughter, tears and memories that will last with me forever, I really have met so many incredible people in our community here. 

Along the way I have been joined by an amazing team of community managers and I'm sure you will agree with me when I say you are in great hands every day. 

In light of this, I feel like it's a fantastic time to pass the baton over and so I've decided to leave the Airbnb community team and move on to my next community adventure outside of Airbnb. My last day will be at the end of this week. 

I want to take this opportunity to say a MASSIVE thank you to you all for everything you contribute to the life of the community here and for the support you have shown me and others over the past 7 years. To sound a little soppy, you all make our community what it is and I look forward to seeing where the CC develops over the next few years. Exciting times ahead. I also wish you all the best with hosting and meeting some great guests. 

Thank you again,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

42 Replies 42

What @Clara116  said! 👏🏼

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Awwww @Clara116, what a lovely message, thank you so much. I've loved speaking with you over the years by message and of course in our regular meetups. I too got so much from our meetups and it was always something I would look forward too. We did have some very fun conversations and supportive ones along the way.

I will always remember your amazing garden tours and the many, many, many jars of vegetables you were packing up and when you told me how to grow a loafah (I had no idea). You were also our amazing cook-along host. I made the wrap the other day and it was delicious! 🙂 

Thank you for showing me so much kindness and for your wonderful spirit. Keep being your amazing self. 

Take care (and to your husband). I so hope we meet again. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

04D9DCBD-749D-4468-9EAE-4FF388FE7B18.jpegC4A02B6E-A503-4E07-A0A1-80C3372ED61C.jpeg

@Lizzie . 
Well, that’s a real bu#mer for us, but great to hear you have a new horizon to positively focus on. 

🎵
If not for you, I might not have hung around

I might have been swallowed by the sight and sounds.
- if not for you!

If not for you my sky would fall, during all the Covid turmoil

- if not for you! 🎵

Because of you: I have friends across the globe,

who one day I hope to hug and say hello 

- because of you! 🎵

You’ve been the best for lots of us, from morning hair to nighttime stare

From Easter bonnets, then on to art and sonnets - if not for you!

From coddled eggs and marmalade toast, you’ve been the greatest community host.🎵

But now we know our sky won’t fall, for in our eyes you stand proud and tall..

and we will always wish you well.

Seriously though @Lizzie , through all that bad rhyming, I wish you all the warmth and light  (not heatwave) you need in life. I wish you good health for you and the family. I, like @Christine615, am feeling some grief. Knowing you from afar has been a great privilege so I thank you. Thanks for saving my sanity at a difficult time in 2020. Thanks for the friendship, camaraderie, compassion and your general calming presence. Thank you also for your gentle wit. May the family get more time to enjoy your creative side and appreciate your excellent compass points. Be gentle on yourself… be very gentle…

But through my sadness, the flow of friendship is not forgotten. I hope one day we get to meet up, as I managed to meet @Robin4.  So as the old Northern Territory promo use to say: “never say never!”  For you are on my “pen/online” friends wish list along with @Christine615@Lawrene0@Ann72 @Clara116  @Jessica-and-Henry0  @Quincy  @Stephanie to name the inaugural band of few. There are others, but this is the inner ring of the onion!

🌻

Cathie

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh @Cathie19, where to start, such lovely words and very poetic - super impressive. Thank you for always having such a refreshing, fun and caring presence in the CC and in our meetups. 

I love you shared the photo of our hat themed meetup, so fun, I think this was pretty early on in COVID and it sure did bring us a little bit of happiness in among it all. 

I will miss speaking to you and hearing about all the wonderful things you are creating or drawing or painting. I hope it's all going well. 

I feel like I should start planning a tour of Australia to see you, @Robin4@Christine1 and @Sandra126 and all our friends in Oz. That would be amazing 🙂 

Stay fab and thank you again for everything. I so hope our paths cross again. 

Take care and all my best to you and Gary (and all the fam). 

Ta-daaaa! 🙂 

--------------------

Ta-daaaa back at you! x

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

All the best @Lizzie !!! I am sure your new adventures will be fantastic!

Hope all is well with you @Roberta2, it’s been a while since we all caught up on Zoom! 🌻

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Roberta2, it's so nice to hear from you. I hope you are doing well and all your renovation work is done now. 

It's been great chatting with you over the years. 🙂 

Take care and all the best for the future. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Cathie19 lovely dear one!! I was singing along with you - out of tune but doesn't matter does it.  Perfectly said, written and thought. 

@Lizzie The thread that seemed to sew us all together ---- may our quilt of craziness not unravel, but stay crisp, clean, sharp & filled with sweet memories.

hugs lady,

Clara

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lizzie 

I still can't believe you took time out of your incredibly busy schedule to come half way across the continent of Australia to spend a night with us Lizzie.......

IMG20190407103650.jpg

You know Ade and I are your Aussie family Lizzie and any time you get the urge to get down this part of the world again, our door is always open to you.

That dreadful room we had to put you up in has changed since you were here......it has become our 'Art Deco' room ........

IMG20211114082626.jpg

IMG20211114082504.jpg

That couch pulls out into a wonderful bed and the room has become truly fitting of a guest like you Lizzie.

I am so sorry to hear that you are moving on mate, but just remember there is a special place in Ade's my heart for you. 

emojis 3.png

Cheers........Rob

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Awww @Robin4, we've had some great CC memories over the years. I will always remember you picking me up from the airport and getting stuck in security due to not being able to get your metal Airbnb welcome sign through the metal detector. I imagine that was a first for the security team and brought them a few laughs - as it did us! hehe 

I will also never forget what an amazing pavlova Ade made during my visit, it was so lovely to meet you both in person. I like what you've done with the spare room is fab, I don't know where you find the time! 🙂 

Thank you for welcoming me and for everything you have contributed to the CC over the years, there is so much. It's been so great getting to know you and I really hope our paths cross again. Maybe on the next Aussie tour! 🙂

I wish you and your family all the best and here's to many great times ahead. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lizzie 

You will be greatly missed. Actually, you've already been greatly missed these past few months! 

I am so sorry that I never got to meet up with you despite your invitations and offers of cake! Life was pretty hectic back then but I do wish I had found the time. But I won't forget your kindness in sending me flowers when I was so ill. That was such a lovely gesture and I appreciated it so much, as I have appreciated your kindness and assistance to us all here on the CC.

Wishing you all the best in your future endeavours and I hope you will pop by the CC from time to time to say hello.

x

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww thank you @Huma0, it's so lovely to hear from you. 

I'm so sorry we weren't able to  meet, but don't worry I know life is busy and you never know hopefully we will meet in the future. If that happens...I'll make you a cake! hehe 

I will always remember your posts in the CC. I think the first post I really remember you posting was the thread you started, Before and after pics of your home. Wow, it was just so great and just such a transformation–there is no doubt you have inspired other hosts here. 

Thank you for everything you have contributed over the years and all the support your have shown, here's to many great things ahead. 

All the best.

Lizzie

--------------------

Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

Wonderful memories Lizzie! Thank you for making the CC what it is. I have been away for a few years and today just got back and saw your post. You will be missed. The number 7 is a good one and I am sure you will be prosperous in your next career.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Oomesh-Kumarsingh0 it's wonderful to hear from you, thank you fro your message. How are you? I hope all is going well. 

It was great speaking with you a few years back, thank you for some fantastic discussions, it's nice to hear you are back. I hope you enjoy being part of the CC again. 

Best of luck with everything. 

Lizzie

--------------------