Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lizzie | A big thank you!

Thank you.jpg

Hello everyone,

I hope you are all doing well. 

In 2015 the Community Center (CC) was launched at the Airbnb Open in Paris and I became the Community Manager of this English speaking community. It was just me then and it's safe to say the CC looked considerably different to how it does now! 

Fast forward 7 years, 1.2 million members later, 1.5 millions posts later, 5 Months of Celebrations, 2 Festivals of Hospitality, many community spotlights, many many online meetups, many many many Airbnb updates later, so many supportive and helpful discussions, a few milestone baked cakes and even being lucky enough to meet some of you in person @Robin4 @Alexandra316 @Lawrene0 @Ann72 @Paul1255 @Gordon0  (plus so much more)...we get to August 2022. There has been many great moments together, laughter, tears and memories that will last with me forever, I really have met so many incredible people in our community here. 

Along the way I have been joined by an amazing team of community managers and I'm sure you will agree with me when I say you are in great hands every day. 

In light of this, I feel like it's a fantastic time to pass the baton over and so I've decided to leave the Airbnb community team and move on to my next community adventure outside of Airbnb. My last day will be at the end of this week. 

I want to take this opportunity to say a MASSIVE thank you to you all for everything you contribute to the life of the community here and for the support you have shown me and others over the past 7 years. To sound a little soppy, you all make our community what it is and I look forward to seeing where the CC develops over the next few years. Exciting times ahead. I also wish you all the best with hosting and meeting some great guests. 

Thank you again,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

42 Replies 42

Thank you for your kind words Lizzie! I am doing well and very happy to be back on the CC. We had indeed very great discussions through the years and you definitely had a major impact on this community. This platform will not be the same without you.

I wish you all the best.

Oomesh

Mariann4
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Best of luck with where ever the winds have blown you to, @Lizzie 😊🤞 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Mariann4 it's so nice to hear from you. Thank you for your lovely message. 

I hope you are keeping well and life is good. 

All the best for the future. 🙂 

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

@Lizzie Momentarily I felt sad for myself to hear you are moving on to a new role. Your presence has provided such joy.

Congratulations on taking a brave decision and embarking on a new role. Every happiness and success to you. May your new role bring you much joy. 

Virtual hugs from Christine 

Wombats in Glenbrook . 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww thank you @Christine1, you have always been such a caring person and I've really enjoyed our conversations. I think we've been talking since the launch of the CC in 2015, wow how time flies. It's been a great adventure though. 🙂 

Wishing you all the best for the future and so many exciting times ahead. 

Thank you again and as I said to Cathy, I think maybe a tour of Oz might be on the cards in the near future. 🙂 

Take care,

Lizzie

--------------------

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

sorry to hear you are leaving us, you will be missed, all the best 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Branka-and-Silvia0. It's been amazing speaking with you over the years, thank you for all your great contributions here in the CC and for your excellent sense of humour.

Wishing you all the best and for great things in the future. 

Lizzie 

--------------------

Eileen0
Level 9
London, United Kingdom

@Lizzie Very sad to see you go, wishing you all the best for the future

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Eileen0, this is so kind of you. 

Wishing you great times ahead too. Take care. 

Lizzie 🙂 

--------------------

@Lizzie 

Best wishes in your new position/role~~ I hope you will still occasionally stop by the CC and stay in touch 😍

Goodbye-Message-To-a-Friend.jpg

All the best Lizzie in your future endeavors. Just an aside is there an administrator for the community in Canada?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Lekan8 ,

We're all based in the UK but we are globally connected across Airbnb so I'm sure I can help you. Let me know!

Thanka

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thanks @Lizzie for all your efforts and maintaining the harmony here in ABB CC.

All the best for your new role and lucky for those who will be able to try your Strawberry cakes!!

You will be dearly missed as you already have been whilst on maternity leave.

If you are planning to visit Australia, you must visit New Zealand...it's only a short swim away 😉

Keep smiling and treasure those adventurous and playful moments as a mother and friend....Zara has also become a 'mother' in recent times... @Lizzie @Stephanie 

Ooops for the double upWP_20220629_15_47_34_Pro_LI.jpg

WP_20220629_15_47_34_Pro_LI.jpg