Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lizzie: Personal Update‌‌

Swan.jpg

Hello everyone, 

I hope you are all keeping well. 

I have some personal news that I wanted to share with you all–as of next week I will be going on maternity leave until the end of the year.  

It's a very strange feeling to be stepping back from the Community Center, as I have basically lived here for the past 5 and a half years. Even when I've been on holiday I've thought, ooh our community members might like this or that.  🙂

I know I'm not quite as visible in the Community Center as I once was, but I'm in here everyday, working behind the scenes and closely with the other Community Managers. I know you have an amazing group of Community Managers here in the EN CC ( @Stephanie@Quincy@Liv and @Nick) so I know you will be in great hands. Plus, I know you will look after the CC whilst I'm away. 

I'm sure I will not be able to resist checking on how things are going for you all whilst I'm away and if you will have me at the odd social meetup, I'd love to say hello. 

On the baby side of things, I don't know yet whether it's a girl or boy, so it's all a bit of surprise, however if you have any name suggestions or tips I'm all ears. (I probably won't add any unique username numbers on to the end of it though). hehe 

Lastly, I want to wish you all the very best for the rest of the year. Still in these slightly uncertain times, I believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel and many things to look forward to, however simple they may be. 

Take care and I hope to say goodbye to many of you before I head off. Thanks to you all for everything you do to contribute to the life of CC. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

61 Replies 61
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lizzie 

You sly old dog you!!!!!! How have you managed to keep this from us all for so long?

This Lizzie is wonderful, wonderful news, becoming a parent takes your life to another dimension, another level that non parents will never experience and, although they staunchly declare they don't care....they do!

When I married Ade my heart was so full of love for her I thought there would be no room left for anyone else. When our first, Sarah came along 3 years later I realised I was wrong, the heart always makes room. Two years later Kate arrived and once again my heart overflowed with love.

Now 45 years down the track my heart is overflowing with love yet again for Madison, Ivy and Sailah.

Parenting is the most successful thing I have done with my life and Lizzie, I wish you as much success with yours as I have had with mine.

You will be seriously missed on the CC Lizzie, to most of us who have been here since  2015 you are the backbone of the CC............. and as everyone knows, things don't work as well without a backbone!

Good luck and all our love and kisses from your Aussie connection    xxxxx  

Rob and Ade

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh @Robin4 I'm not sure what to say, what a lovely comment. I know how important Ade and your whole family are to you. You latest grandchild is a 'mini-Robin' which is so nice to see. 

I feel I have a lot to learn and currently the only thing that will stick in my head is what fruit size the baby is each week during pregnancy (for those unaware of this, it's to give a guide on how big your baby is). It's very useful information, as you can tell!  🤣

Everyone here in the CC mean a lot to me and I can't quite believe where the time has gone. Keep enjoying life. 🙂

Thanks again,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Lizzie 

Ah yes, the fruit size! Our girls went through that here too....

Screenshot_2021-03-27-00-32-54-09.png

When it got to the size of a grapefruit Lizzie, we reckoned we were getting somewhere!

Glad to see that some things are universal!

Good luck possum!

Cheers...........Rob

*Personal information hidden

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Lizzie  New life after the year the whole world has had is indeed a sign of hope for the future.  And you're having a spring baby at that!

Old-fashioned names are my favorites, too, just like @Cathie19 and @Colleen253.  But whatever I suggest will sound too American, so I'll leave it to you and your husband, who is no doubt over the moon with excitement (and possibly just a bit of terror).  You two will be absolutely top-notch parents, of that I have no doubt, plus you'll have @Stephanie just a text away should you need advice!

Big hug to you and looking forward to seeing you again before long.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww thanks @Ann72 for your kind message. Yep, Spring baby, we currently have a spread of happy daffodils everywhere you look–so the sign of a little bit more warmth, signals a definite feeling of optimism. 

I will definitely be asking @Stephanie for advice. I think our children could be pen pals... future Community Managers perhaps! hehe 🙂 

Big hugs back. Take care and hope to speak with you soon. 

--------------------

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Good luck @Lizzie and don't believe all the horror stories. Our first daughter slept through the night from 8 weeks. Now admittedly our second daughter didn't sleep through until she was about 2 and at 22 still gets up at 5 some mornings!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

haha! Thanks @Mike-And-Jane0, so nothing to worry about then?!?

I planning on spending quite a lot of time outside, so I'm hoping the fresh air will make baby sleep well. 

I hope you are keeping well. Some hot whether is heading to us for a day next week (Tuesday), I hope you get to enjoy it. 🙂  Take care. 

--------------------

@Lizzie  My tip for well-sleeping babies- get them used to sleeping through daily life sounds from day one. Don't tiptoe around or whisper.

Also don't be afraid to move them around and talk to them while they're sleeping. I could carry my little ones from the car to their bed, without them really waking up, by talking to them softly while doing it. "It's okay, I'm just moving you to your bed, you don't need to wake up, it's still sleeping time."

I was once looking after my friend's one and a half year old when she was sick in bed for 3 days. When I talked to my friend on the phone, she asked how I was liking getting up at 5 AM with her babe. I told her she doesn't get up at 5AM at my house.

The first morning when she popped her little head up at 5AM, in the baby bed set up next to mine, I said, " It's still nightime, Fay, everyone's asleep. It's not wake-up time yet." She pulled the covers back up over her head and went back to sleep until 7.

My friend was speechless.

As with hosting, you're the boss 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Love this @Sarah977, I wonder did you become chief baby sitter after this? 

I do think you are right about the noise, my friends' little one is surrounded by two noisy brothers (who absolutely adore their baby sister) and she just sleeps through all their singing and running around. It's very impressive to see. 

--------------------

@Lizzie  Haha, well I did look after her two quite a bit. She was actually my babysitter before she had kids of her own, that's how we met.

Yes, practice guitar, use the blender, whatever you would normally do before you had a sleeping baby. They don't come into this world expecting any specific lifestyle. We train them.

Mexican babies sleep right through loud events with mega amps blasting.

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Salut @Lizzie,

Congratulation to you both! yours  must be so excited and “ pregnancy is a miracle”.

I and surely all the CC members and the team will miss you💕

Everyone will ask if you named baby after most famous person with that name:  You know this drill. You’ve likely pulled it on many of your friends and co-workers and probably didn’t realize you were doing it. It goes a little something like this.

Person 1: We are naming our baby Brad. Person 2: Oh like Brad Pitt? Person 1: No Brad is my husband’s middle name

or this 

Person 1: We are naming our baby Celine. Person 2: Celine… after Celine Dion? Person 1: No, Celine is Latin for “Heaven”. Person 2: Oh Ok.

Yet, “ It’s a fun secret to keep with just you and your spouse” 💕💕💕

292529A9-2A20-43F0-B424-522262AB29AE.jpeg

Best wishes and see you soon! 🤗

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Awww look at those little booties, very cute @Dale711. Thanks for your kind words here. 

haha! I know I can't even go for X Æ A-12 as a baby name, as people will be Oooo like Elon Musk's daughter. 🙂 

Take care and thanks again.

--------------------

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Am I the only one getting sentimental while reading this? @Lizzie we will miss you terribly, but you should be enjoying all the seconds of your maternity leave. You'll be an excellent parent, and you will take care of the baby like you take care of everything here with expertise and the biggest of smiles. ❤️

Beautiful sentiments @Nick and thoroughly true! 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

So exciting @Lizzie👶 We are going to miss you so much 😢

Enjoy every second of your maternity leave and cherish every moment ❤️

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen