Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lizzie: Personal Update‌‌

Swan.jpg

Hello everyone, 

I hope you are all keeping well. 

I have some personal news that I wanted to share with you all–as of next week I will be going on maternity leave until the end of the year.  

It's a very strange feeling to be stepping back from the Community Center, as I have basically lived here for the past 5 and a half years. Even when I've been on holiday I've thought, ooh our community members might like this or that.  🙂

I know I'm not quite as visible in the Community Center as I once was, but I'm in here everyday, working behind the scenes and closely with the other Community Managers. I know you have an amazing group of Community Managers here in the EN CC ( @Stephanie@Quincy@Liv and @Nick) so I know you will be in great hands. Plus, I know you will look after the CC whilst I'm away. 

I'm sure I will not be able to resist checking on how things are going for you all whilst I'm away and if you will have me at the odd social meetup, I'd love to say hello. 

On the baby side of things, I don't know yet whether it's a girl or boy, so it's all a bit of surprise, however if you have any name suggestions or tips I'm all ears. (I probably won't add any unique username numbers on to the end of it though). hehe 

Lastly, I want to wish you all the very best for the rest of the year. Still in these slightly uncertain times, I believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel and many things to look forward to, however simple they may be. 

Take care and I hope to say goodbye to many of you before I head off. Thanks to you all for everything you do to contribute to the life of CC. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

61 Replies 61
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Lizzie 

I guess Brian, Joe, Nathan, Catherine are not on your list of possible names ;>)

The Swan on the picture seems to have 8 offspring, so numbering can sometimes be effective....

But there are always one or two not staying with the group and probably swimming outside the picture frame (Some of the other chicks are looking at the stubborn ones).

I wish you the best in the special upcoming time period and please keep us updated about your personal life.

Emiel

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

haha @Emiel1, I did laugh when I read you message. I hadn't thought of them as possible names, I don't know if that would be a step too far! hehe 

I'm pleased to confirm I'm not expecting octuplets, or if I am this is going to be a bigger surprise than I had originally thought!

Thank you for your kind words. Wishing you well. 🙂 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

Congratulations - what an adventure you have ahead of you! Make sure to get some rest before life changes - forever... 😄

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Trude0. 🙂 

I'm currently painting walls and wallpaper removing at the weekends at the moment, so not a lot of rest, but it's good to keep moving. As you can imagine I look exceedingly fashionable in my messy clothes which are two size too small. haha 

Take care. 

--------------------

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Oh I don’t know @Emiel1 , @Lizzie  might be fond of a Catherine or Cathie, as we’re pretty nice people! Lol.... or even an old name like Garry! 
But Farrah, Gabrielle (Gabby), Vincent,  Emrys, Elliot, Oliver, Phoebe, Verity, Robert, Lawrence, Imogen and Rose are all workable. xxx 💕

On another matter, I just tried to send a private message but it won’t send, as I keep getting this as a frustrating & untrue message.  X

B932EA97-3390-4DC8-A27D-2DDCB414BBEC.jpeg

Anyway, whatever name you choose, it will be a  “Ta Daa” moment!  X

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I feel I will forever picture you and Garry every time I hear taa-daa, which is pretty cool @Cathie19 🙂

There are some lovely name suggestions there, thank you. I'm hoping that when I meet the baby that the name will become clear. Does that happen? 

--------------------

@Lizzie  Congratulations, how exciting. Hoping your pregnancy and the birth are easy and uncomplicated.

My youngest daughter, who just had her first a year and a half ago (and says it'll be the only, as she's already almost 40) didn't name the baby until a week after the birth- so yes, that's perfectly acceptable. Sometimes the baby just doesn't seem like a Suzette, ya know? And they opted not to know the sex of the baby beforehand.

Another couple I know sat down and each made a list of names they liked, then took turns reading them out one by one.

"Sebastian."

"Ugh, my high school bully was named that."

"David."

"No, we already know a lot of Davids."

Back and forth until all were crossed out and they both ended up with the last same name on both their lists.

"Matthew."

"Matthew."

"Well, I guess it's Matthew, then."

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Haha,  "Sometimes the baby just doesn't seem like a Suzette, ya know? "  - I hadn't thought about Suzette, but you never know when I see baby, it might be a match made in heaven! 🙂 

Sooooo true @Sarah977 regarding the names you go through, we have done this. Ooo what about xxx and then, nope my boss's child has that name or what about xxx, nope that the name of my pet hamster. 

Tricky! 

Thanks so much for your lovely words here. Stay well. 

--------------------

@Lizzie, it will! 

Yes, @Lizzie, that totally happens.  We had a few names picked out for our first daughter and as soon as she appeared, we knew which one was hers.  🙂

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

Congratulations @Lizzie ! 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Awww thank you @Emilia42

--------------------

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Lizzie Congrats and best wishes! You will likely not have the time, energy or interest to check in here, haha. But that’s ok! 😍 Stick with classic names, or draw from family names for inspiration. Nothing wrong with good old Robert, Emily, James or Anne. They age well, unlike many of the ‘unique’ but weird names people come up with these days. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Colleen253 for your message here. I'm sure it will all take a bit of getting use to, hopefully some natural instincts will kick in at some point. hehe 

Thanks for the name suggestions, it's interesting to see what the popular names are these days, it does feel like traditional names are making a come back. 

Take care of yourself. 🙂 

--------------------