Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lizzie: Personal Update‌‌

Swan.jpg

Hello everyone, 

I hope you are all keeping well. 

I have some personal news that I wanted to share with you all–as of next week I will be going on maternity leave until the end of the year.  

It's a very strange feeling to be stepping back from the Community Center, as I have basically lived here for the past 5 and a half years. Even when I've been on holiday I've thought, ooh our community members might like this or that.  🙂

I know I'm not quite as visible in the Community Center as I once was, but I'm in here everyday, working behind the scenes and closely with the other Community Managers. I know you have an amazing group of Community Managers here in the EN CC ( @Stephanie@Quincy@Liv and @Nick) so I know you will be in great hands. Plus, I know you will look after the CC whilst I'm away. 

I'm sure I will not be able to resist checking on how things are going for you all whilst I'm away and if you will have me at the odd social meetup, I'd love to say hello. 

On the baby side of things, I don't know yet whether it's a girl or boy, so it's all a bit of surprise, however if you have any name suggestions or tips I'm all ears. (I probably won't add any unique username numbers on to the end of it though). hehe 

Lastly, I want to wish you all the very best for the rest of the year. Still in these slightly uncertain times, I believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel and many things to look forward to, however simple they may be. 

Take care and I hope to say goodbye to many of you before I head off. Thanks to you all for everything you do to contribute to the life of CC. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

61 Replies 61
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Such exciting times for you @Lizzie, but you will certainly be keenly missed here in the Community. I feel like the role of motherhood was made for you though, and you will steer the role in the same calm, competent and sensitive manner that you have led our own mothership here in the team. It will be over before you know it, so enjoy every minute 💜

Congratulations @Lizzie 

You will be missed while you are away.... but I can't think of a better happier reason for you to go on leave 😘 

순산하세요~

(=Wishing you a safe delivery~) 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww thank you @Jessica-and-Henry0 I'll miss you too and definitely hearing about what you are eating for dinner. 

I love the translation 🙂 

Take care, hope to see you at one of the future meetups (maybe not the really earlier ones though). 

Thanks again. 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Lizzie I don't think there's much more I can say that hasn't been said by our wonderful community but I'll still say - You will be missed.

Can't wait to meet Peter's new best friend and treasure every moment - you're going to kick arse as mum!

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

What a wonderful reason to step back from the Community even though you will be missed!   The naming of a child is so important and so personal and yet so public.  I like it when there is a great "story" behind the naming.   Look forward to your sharing the story with us when the little one makes a debut.😍

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Awww @Linda108 it's so great to hear from you. 

I know, I think there is a bit of pressure on the name, but it's all quite fun really. 🙂 I can't guarantee there will necessarily be a fantastic story behind the name we go for, unless I get tempted by one of @Debra300's COVID related themes. haha (I'd probably make the news at the same time). 

I hope you are keeping well and your lovely dog. 

Take care and thanks again for your message. 

--------------------

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Lizzie  Congratulations! ❤️  we will miss you, darling, I hope you will come back one day 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww @Branka-and-Silvia0 thank you. I'll miss you too, but I'll be back. 🙂 

I hope things In Croatia are getting a bit better in your area. 

Take care. 

--------------------

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Lizzie,

Congratulations to your family for the upcoming addition.  Since the baby was conceived during the COVID-19 pandemic here are some uncommon names that can mark the historic period: Pandymik, Lokdaun, Isolait, Tumiterz, Faysmax, Soshadystanz, Hanzwache, Vaxene. Cuarentyne, and Toylapepa.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hahahaha @Debra300 'Toylapepa' wins, hands down! 😂  👏 

@Debra300 Oh my gosh, GENIUS!  Love these!  And the apparent tradition of tying names to historical moments.  Very cool.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Debra300 

This is inspired!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh @Debra300, this did make me laugh. I love you have to read them out loud to really get that they are. 🙂 

...I've added them on to the 'maybe' pile of potential names....

Thanks for your congratulations. Take care and I hope to chat with you at future meetup. 

--------------------

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Lizzie,

I know that you are only kidding about the maybe names pile, but I've seen some real names that are indeed unique. 

A man who's last name is Black, was a huge fan of the local football (American) team, the Oakland Raiders.  Their team colors are silver and black.  The man named his baby daughter Silver Anne.

I went on a date with one guy whose mother gave him the middle name Perfect.

When I was in the military, and working at the hospital, one of the patients was a retired major who's first name was Major.  Until I found out his first name, I always wondered why his wife kept addressing him by his rank.  In actuality he was Major Major Duckett.

I used to have a neighbor/co-worker in my home town who's first name was Mai (pronounced My), and she married a guy named Jason Self.  So her name became Mai Self.  Whenever someone would come into the office and ask to speak with Mai Self, we'd often say some corny joke like, "Go ahead, we're not going to interrupt you."

When I used to work in hospitals, we had a young patient who hurt his arm by put his hand in the washing machine while it was running.  His name was Robert Roberts, and he didn't go by Bobby.

When you're seriously thinking of names, be cognizant of the types of nicknames they can be twisted into.  My oldest friend from childhood's name is Portia, and we affectionately call her Porkchop.

@Debra300 @Lizzie  I was in Lamaze with a couple who had never expected to conceive, and when their daughter was born they named her Miracle Monique.  You've never seen happier parents on earth!