Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lizzie: Personal Update‌‌

Swan.jpg

Hello everyone, 

I hope you are all keeping well. 

I have some personal news that I wanted to share with you all–as of next week I will be going on maternity leave until the end of the year.  

It's a very strange feeling to be stepping back from the Community Center, as I have basically lived here for the past 5 and a half years. Even when I've been on holiday I've thought, ooh our community members might like this or that.  🙂

I know I'm not quite as visible in the Community Center as I once was, but I'm in here everyday, working behind the scenes and closely with the other Community Managers. I know you have an amazing group of Community Managers here in the EN CC ( @Stephanie@Quincy@Liv and @Nick) so I know you will be in great hands. Plus, I know you will look after the CC whilst I'm away. 

I'm sure I will not be able to resist checking on how things are going for you all whilst I'm away and if you will have me at the odd social meetup, I'd love to say hello. 

On the baby side of things, I don't know yet whether it's a girl or boy, so it's all a bit of surprise, however if you have any name suggestions or tips I'm all ears. (I probably won't add any unique username numbers on to the end of it though). hehe 

Lastly, I want to wish you all the very best for the rest of the year. Still in these slightly uncertain times, I believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel and many things to look forward to, however simple they may be. 

Take care and I hope to say goodbye to many of you before I head off. Thanks to you all for everything you do to contribute to the life of CC. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

61 Replies 61
Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Toylapepa?! Now I need a baby just for that @Debra300 😂😂😂

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

Congratulations @Lizzie, I only met youlast week for the first time with the midnight community chat. Thanks for my first experience across the world meeting like minded people. Take care with your new adventure.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Laurelle3, it was so lovely to meet you in the chat and hear about all the amazing research you are doing in prep for becoming a host. 

It sounds like it's going to be a very exciting and busy year for you too. I can't wait to hear how it's all going when I return and I really hope you and @Ann72 can meet each other. How much I would love to join that. 🙂 

Take care. 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

We'll miss you @Lizzie, but I'm super happy and excited for you!

I'm sure you'll be the kindest of mums, your little one is very lucky to have you. 💕 👶

Take care and enjoy every moment, we'll be here when you're ready to come back 🌸

Thanks for the name suggestions, it's interesting to see what the popular names are these days, it does feel like traditional names are making a come back. 

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

Congrats @Lizzie !!!!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much @Suzanne302. 🙂 I hope you are keeping well. 

--------------------

Ann783
Level 10
New York, NY

Great news. Congratulations @Lizzie 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Ann783, it's really kind of you. I'm not quite sure where the time has gone. Take care. 

--------------------

Wow! I'm going to miss you so much! Enjoy the new baby! They grow up so fast these months off will fly by. Nothing like baby giggles and coos to make your heart soar. We'll hold down the force and try not to stress out the other moderators. Feels like we're all family now.

Let me know if you need ANYTHING!

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie I had missed this totally and just seeing it today explains the crazy world I've been in the past couple of months......you know through our conversations that I am so thrilled for you and Lemon. You will be so missed on the CC till you get back and  its so wonderful that your life will be so enriched and you'll bring that along with your return. We will all be waiting, watching for any and all updates, pics, news and more from your side of the island. 

Praying for you and that precious little one that all progresses perfectly and we'll be anxiously awaiting any news. 

sending love, hugs and blessings, one of your group of buddies on the CC, Clara

Patricia2156
Level 10
Barcelona, Spain

Congrats @Lizzie , It's a good season to debut in the world! 

About name, actually my favorites are Valentino / Valentina, Emory or Kelby... Think about them!

My best wishes for you and your baby! 

Patricia de Castro
Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie Thinking so much about you and your family and waiting to hear a word or see a pic or a surprise on a zoom in our group! You are cared about by your buddies on the Community Center.

Blessings Clara

Suzan975
Level 2
Kampala, Uganda

@Lizzie I am new here I really need guidelines especially on payments.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Congratulations @Lizzie 
I hope you and baby and husband are all doing well, assuming you have now had baby as you mention he/ she will be born in Spring and it's now Summer in the UK.

Missing you here in CC however understand you have other things going on in life.

Bless your little cotton sock!

Treasure the sunshine and great outdoors.