[Maintenance] **Update to Community Center Usernames - now possible to post**

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Maintenance] **Update to Community Center Usernames - now possible to post**

**Update, May 23rd** This update is now finished, thank you for all your patience during this time. We are sorry you have been unable to post for some time, this has now been resolved, so please give it a try! To find out more about what has changed, take a look here

------------------------------

Hello everyone,

It's an exciting week here in the Community Center! We are busy working on an update that we hope will make it easier for you to @ mention and find other community members here in the CC – something we know many of you have mentioned in the past.

We want to let you know that the Community Center will be down for approximately 4 hours for this exciting update on Wednesday May 22nd, 2019 from 12am (San Francisco time). Please bear with us!

We look forward to sharing more details around this update later in the week. 

Thanks so much, 

Lizzie, Stephanie & Quincy

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

13 Replies 13
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

thanks @Lizzie 

What is the most commonly used Christian name on the forum????

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ooo great question @Helen427. What would  you say are the most popular names we see in the CC?

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Lizzie@

That's a good 64 million dollar question.

Do I get some Airbnb slippers if I'm correct??

Michael, Paul, Sarah, Anne, Mark, Fred

Would we please be able to have an everyone else tag?

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hi @Lizzie, Stephanie and Quincy.

Looking forward to being able to  "@tag” others, unlike @Helen427, who is in this thread 😊, but others who are not in the thread or even the same page of the thread!  🙌🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Cathie19. Yes, it is very exciting. It's been a big piece of work (hence the long downtime), so I have my fingers and toes crossed that you guys like it and it make things a lot easier for you to speak with each other. Eep! 🙂

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a good day.

Just a last reminder to say that the CC maintenance window will be going up shortly and so you won't be able to access the CC until later today. If you are presently writing any long replies, remember to save any of those messages off the platform, just in case! 🙂 

Speak to you later. Enjoy your day. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Good news! Yesterday's update is finished and you should now see some changes to your Community Center username.

We are sorry the update took longer than we expected and you were unable to access the CC during this time. We always knew this would be a large update (one of the biggest since the CC launched in 2015), and there were a few things that ran a little differently than expected even with the many months of testing, so this caused the delay! I'm so pleased to say this is now live and I want to thank you for all your patience during this time.

Just to add, the team are still working on a few final things within this update, so over the next few weeks we will be ironing out any little kinks. 

Looking ahead, as I mentioned you should see your CC name now has some numbers following it, this is because all the names in the CC are now unique. By making this change, we hope this will make it easier for you to find and mention other community members here (something many of you have asked us to improve in the past).

Just to highlight, this doesn't change anything with you main Airbnb account name.

You can find more information about the update in this topic, and feel free to ask us any questions you might have, plus we would love to hear your feedback once you have explored it a bit more.

Thanks again,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking good @Lizzie!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Cathie19, this is great to hear. There are still a few things to iron out, but I'm glad you like it. 🙂

--------------------

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lizzie I just commented on another post and noticed that my name came up without any numbers after it.  I know for a fact that I am not the only Rachel on this CC so why has this happened do you think.  I tried to comment on a post yesterday evening as well and was unable to.  

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for reporting @Rachel0 , there's still some kinks to work on with this one! Hopefully, the uniqueness to your username will appear in the coming days.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Julie143
Level 10
Princeton, NJ

When I comment on another post it gets deleted with a message that it’s spam. I know I am not spam. It’s just a usual answer or suggestion. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lizzie  I'm still finding posters' names missing from the list.