March: Host Advisory Board Spotlight‌‌

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

March: Host Advisory Board Spotlight‌‌

Hiya everyone!

We've been seeing more of the Host Advisory Board members in the Community Center and it was great to meet some of them at our social meet-up the other day too.

It's time for us to share the March Spotlight member and their update from the Host Advisory Board’s activity: the wonderful @Merrydith0  from Tasmania, who is representing the group this month. Take a look at this article in the Airbnb Resource Center for more details of her journey to Hosting, joining the board and what the board members have been up to last month.

So you are able to start a conversation, we made this thread so you can reply below. 

Many thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

81 Replies 81
Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

What an extraordinary comment Mike @Mike-And-Jane0 "Please don't waste your time and energy on this..."  meaning "don't worry your little head over this "...? Then why are you here? Obstructing those who wish to be constructive.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Jeez @Mary996 I have no intention of obstructing anyone. My advice, freely given, was not to waste your time. If you wish to not take that advice it is entirely up to you.

You seem to delight in putting words into people's mouths that they didn't say or mean. Please do not do this to me.

I was directly quoting you @Mike-And-Jane0 

@Mary996 How dare you suggest 'don't worry your little head over this' is a direct quote from me. If you continue to slander me I shall have to ask the admins to take action as this behaviour is not acceptable in the community centre.

"Please don't waste your time and energy on this"... were your words. If that is your attitude I have to ask why do you continue to participate here? Are you not wasting your time and energy?

Thank you for your service. I propose that Hosts serve at the CC for a maximum of say 4 years and then give way to others.

@Mike-And-Jane0 ,

”How dare you suggest 'don't worry your little head over this' is a direct quote from me.”

Well! Somebody had to!
Do you want a list? @Mary996 dare, because she care ! 

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Thank you @Dale711 . Yes that is true ....I do care.

I wonder if the senior group here have possibly buddied up to the extent that they have lost awareness of how they come across to newbies?

I have an idea which I will put forward in a new post in the CC .

Meanwhile shall we all agree to attempt to 'start again' with each other? I am agreeable to my posts in this thread being removed except the 'welcome' to @Merrydith0  if there is common agreement for all distracting, jokey and humiliating posts to also be taken down? Except of course material from the lovely @Ute42  whose musical quips seem to have wide appeal .

I had asked the Admins to remove my contribution to our arguments but obviously that hasn't been possible. However I think a certain amount of ventilating and self assertion has been necessary. I am willing to continue to discuss any further issues with anyone  in a private Chat Room such as the Admins might set up. 

@Mary996    

I see no need to delete anything.

From time to time 2 CC members are getting into an argument – so what? That happens in real live all the time. We are all grown up, we are all adults, I have no problem to read a little fight on here now and then.

The interesting thing when I'm reading a fight is: How do people behave when they are argueing with each other, do they shout with each other, do the become insulting, are they relaxed, can they see the point the other side is making, do they respect the integrety of the other person? In onlinearguments people are reveiling their own personality, I get to know them better than I did before. Sometimes after having read an argument I'm thinking to myself: Oh, ok, that's how You are. I believe that arguments are an interesting element in this community center of ours.

Arguments can also be releasing. Some people have such a desire to to find someone to argue with that they are even willing to pay for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohDB5gbtaEQ

Cc: @Colleen253 @Dale711 @Mike-And-Jane0  

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Wonderful @Ute42 . Thank you. Just the reassurance I needed to hear!

Am going to check out your link. I bet its to the Monty Python Sketch... right?

Anyway ok. You've made me feel so much better. Perhaps we'll all be joking about this soon....??? I do hope so.

Thanks again Ute. You're a treasure xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@Mary996 

I bet @Ute42 is try to say“ Monty Python's Flying Circus” ! 

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Yes defo @Ute42  is flying....! Did you follow that link @Dale711 ? Its tricky to translate but le merc (the guy ...how do you spell mec(?) in french?? You know as in the mec in the bagnoll....!!!!) pays to get a bloody good argument!!

Hey Dale ... sweetie (x) please don't tag Colleen... she asked you not to. Just address her without the tag. Then you ARE being inclusive. Je comprehend toute a faite ton obligation a' cause d'haute culture x Blocking is one step too far. Lets not block anyone xxxxxxxxx We can work this out its just from both sides we have been piercing enough. Maybe its over now?

@Mary996 " Hey Dale ... sweetie (x) please don't tag Colleen... she asked you not to. Just address her without the tag. "

Please don't speak on my behalf. I would very much prefer not to be addressed by this individual period, even more so now.

@Stephanie stated CC members to fulfil an obligation or to take note,

"The Host Advisory board is made up of Hosts that have volunteered to work with Airbnb."

"the way that you behave represents the CC, so please bear this in mind when contributing. Just like you, the HAB members are first and foremost hosts, and they deserve to be treated with the same respect as any member of the CC"

"Their presence here is a great benefit to the whole Community.👏👏👏

Dear @Mary996,

Thank you for offering your valuable advice. 

I'm still learning in the CC to be more inclusive and interactive.

@Colleen253 I feel for you. One day the madness will stop!

@Ute42 

It was so kind of you and how thoughtful you are ! 
“ Arguments can also be releasing. Some people have such a desire to to find someone to argue with that they are even willing to pay for it.“ 

In fact, yours desire may come though in the “ Monty Python's Flying Circus” !