Meet your Airbnb Community Center Team

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Meet your Airbnb Community Center Team

ere we go.PNG

Hi there everyone,

Just letting you know that I am now back to work after maternity leave and ready to help!

For those of you that have been a part of the CC for a bit longer, it’s wonderful to return and catch up so please drop me a line! For those of you I haven’t met yet, I can’t wait to hear from you and share in your stories.

This is a good opportunity to let you all know (new and veteran) about who and what your community management team’s purpose is here on the Airbnb CC. 

The community management team are here to cultivate a positive and constructive environment for hosts to seek support and information. The CC has people that have the largest breadth of experience in hospitality around, as well as giving members the opportunity to get clued up and give feedback on Airbnb updates.

Your community management team for the English CC consists of myself, @Nick , @Liv  and @Quincy . While @Katie  and @Lizzie  are still present, we will be much more present and reactive so please do tag or DM us in the following situations:

• There is a bug or issue with the CC. By this we mean issues logging in, information missing, or anything a bit weird with the platform
  • There is something you see that you think needs to be escalated as highest priority such as someone is in imminent danger 
  • Your post isn’t displaying - this is often due to the pesky spam filter and we can go ahead and have a look at where it’s caught up

Of course, we would LOVE to be tagged in positive and interesting posts too but our main job is to keep everything ticking over in a healthy fashion. 

Please don’t forget, if you see someone’s content that you think shouldn’t be there such as spam, inflammatory or otherwise not in-keeping with the Community Guidelines you can go ahead and click the “Flag inappropriate content” button and we will look at it as soon as we can. We read every single post here on the CC so it will be reviewed regardless, but flagging highlights it to us as more pressing. 

Stephanie_0-1612966832372.png

If you’re not sure about terminology or functionality of the platform, we have some great tutorials both for the CC and the Airbnb platform here: community.withairbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tutorials/bd-p/tips-tutorials

If you’re ever unsure of anything about the Airbnb CC, we’re here to help!

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

37 Replies 37
Regina114
Level 5
Laguna Hills, CA

Congratulations.....but we need pictures, please

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ohh @Regina114 - Dad and I have a no social media/internet policy for pics of the baby but if you come along to the next CC meetup, he's usually a guest star! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Stephanie,

That's nice and all that you've big upped your mates, but I wanna see some baby pics!

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Welcome back, @Stephanie. Where did the time go?

Anyhow, I was thinking, the last time I was 'out-out' (will non-Brits get this reference?) was at the Airbnb soiree in town, and who knows the next time we'll be able to meet up again. But I'll look forward to it, spesh the free food and drink. Stay well.

Pili0
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

Why airbnb  only gives ONE session per language without asking if we are free to attend ??? People has a lot of things to do specially in the middle of the afternoon. Can you be more open to create the meetings in different options of day and time and language for US (busy people)  to be able to participate ???

Kathy-And-Joe2
Level 2
Natrona Heights, PA

Can you help us??????

The PAC called ACK NOW has gotten a citizen's ballot article on the town of Nantucket warrant that would severely limit short term rentals.  Home rentals are about 85% of the available lodging on the island as no nationally branded hotels or resorts are permitted and B&B's are small.  Since it is a tourist town, lodging is essential to support island businesses.  The bylaw basically limits year round residents to 90 days/year for short term (Less than 30 days) , limits part-time resident homeowners to 45 rental days and prohibits rentals less than 7 days.  It further restricts rentals to one vehicle and 2 people per bedroom regardless of the size of the home, bedrooms or private, on property parking capacity.  A town agency would have to be set up to collect and process applications and fees and then conduct health and safety inspections of rental homes, also serving as an enforcement agency.

The stated goal is to eliminate off-island investor only rentals (which is a growing concern but this proposed bylaw affects everyone).  A grassroots community organization of year round and part-time residents, homeowners and those who visit has sprung up to oppose this (more than 500 members in 10 days so far) but a major concern is that many of them are non-voting taxpayers since their principal home is elsewhere.  The non-voting taxpayers pay 88% of the residential property taxes on the island, pay MA income tax on their earnings and a 11.7% short term rental tax.

Can Airbnb help us get information about this out to those who rent their Nantucket homes?  VRBO, WeNeedaVacation.com and other vacation rental companies have shared the information with their homeowners and some have even set up a page where they could easily contact the town government.  Since Nantucket operates on a town government model, the Select Board and other boards have no ability to stop this from going before the voters (who must be full-time registered voters and show up in person at town meeting to vote) as it is a citizen's warrant, requiring only 10 certified signatures.  The town meeting is  starting June 5 and could last several days.

Is this happening in any other tourist communities and if so, how has this been successfully defeated?

Kathy and Joe Baird

John5226
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

Hi guys!    As community experts, maybe someone can help.    Is there any way to escalate a support issue with Airbnb.    I am a superhost with two properties, both licensed.    Airbnb decided two weeks ago that one of the two must have 30+ day stays in order to escape the short-term rental threshold.    Obvious fix, right?   Wrong.   Sent in a license copy and was told the right people would look at it.   TWO WEEKS later it's still offline and, seriously, I can't get anyone at Airbnb to help.    Any suggestions!?!

Brad-And-Kim0
Level 2
Niagara Falls, Canada

Hi community support team.  Is there a contact # to have a conversation’ or can we only message. 

Thanks