[New] Update to Community Center Unique Usernames

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[New] Update to Community Center Unique Usernames

Hello everyone,

As mentioned last week, I’m pleased to let you know we have made several updates to help improve the experience with the Community Center unique usernames.

Here is an overview of what has been updated:

• All usernames in the Community Center now have a number at the end. (You may have noticed that some CC usernames were missing a number, making it harder to find them)
  • Any duplicate usernames have been updated, making them unique...finally!
  • Names with special characters and multiple words, such as ‘&’ or ‘Bill and Ben’, have been updated so they appear correctly in the @ mention drop down. Dashes have been added when there is a space in the username, ie. ‘Bill-and-Ben’

Additional information:

• How are the numbers are assigned on a username? This is based on when you first registered in the Community Center, so if you were the first person to register here with your name, you will have a ‘0’ at the end. 
  • Can I change my username? Due to the complexity of applying usernames without duplication, once you have been assigned your CC username your CC username will remain the same–even if you update it on your Airbnb account.  

We hope all these updates will help to improve your experience when talking to others here in the CC. We are still carrying out some final checks to make sure all is working as expected, but if you spot anything unexpected, please let me know–your feedback is always welcome. 

Lastly, we are also continuing to work on improving the speed at which the names you enter when @mentioning appear, and you should see a some improvement on this with the above changes. However, we hope to have an additional update on this soon. 

Thank you so much for your patience over this time and for all your feedback on this since May. 

Lizzie, @Stephanie and @Quincy 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

15 Replies 15

Hi Everyone,

Airbnb has been delayed in paying me for 1 month now and giving me the run around.

If you click at the community center and search payout delay, you will see it's not only me.

Lissie, please help us.

Disappointed ,

Henry Brodett