New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here (Updated)

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here (Updated)

Hello everyone,

A warm welcome to the Community Center. 

This discussion is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb Community members, as well as welcoming and saying hello to newcomers in return. Thanks to all of you who have already introduced yourself and contributed in our previous thread, here.  

I'm Lizzie and I am the Community Manager here, along with my teammate @Quincy. I have been managing the Airbnb Community Center since it officially opened in November 2015. It is fantastic to speak with amazing community members here. 

To kickstart this topic, I would like to share a few things about myself:

1. I love to travel, hot or cold it doesn't matter - I'm ready with my sun lotion or a raincoat! 
  2. I play several instruments, but my main one is the flute. I always enjoy a good conversation about music. 
  3. Lastly, over the past year I have become very interested in all things eco/sustainablilty related.

How about you? Any interesting facts or hobbies?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

456 Replies 456
Ali377
Level 2
Moscow, Russia

Hello everyone, from Istanbul, Moscow, Kuşadası and Pamukkale. I am single person who live 4 different location in a year.

Lesley240
Level 1
Knysna, South Africa

Hi I am Lesley and my husband's name is Alan. We have not been with Air bnb that long but have been doing self catering with our cottages for a number of years. We live in South Africa in a town on the Garden Route which has holiday seasons and we get very quite and have noticed Air bnb's have been doing better so are giving it a go

Karen1694
Level 2
Littleton, CO

I'm Karen and I've been hosting for just over a year now.

Before that, I traveled extensively and did volunteer work.

I live in Colorado and love living here! There are lovely walking trails, near my home and in all directions, and canyons just a bike ride away. Of course, there are the mountains, for year-round fun!

My latest interests are hosting, house-projects, and ebiking (I have 2 old mountain bikes that I converted to ebikes). I can easily ride my ebike to the Colorado Trail, Red Rocks Amphitheater, or downtown Denver (and more).

My HOA is trying to shut down short term rentals, including AirBnB, so that is something I'm involved in as well. I am fighting to keep owners' rights to have all types of guests in their homes (not just family), since I live in my AirBnB.

Hend4
Level 2
Cairo, EG

Hi gus

My name is Hend El Kholy, living in Cairo, Egypt. A few months ago, I have been thinking to put my home for rent through Airbnb. I just did this may 2019. My home is so nice 250m. Huge with a lovely desing and very modren furnitures. I love my home very much and spend a lot of time updating on decore also take a very good care cleaning wise. I am a very sociable person who loves meeting people, speaking fluent english, some french as well as german.  lived abroad for almost 20 years all around the world, Far east, Europe, and the middle east with my husband and kids, gave me even more experience how to deal with people. Now that the kids all grown, I thought of renting a room as well as an appartament, which we have down stairs, which I did. Me and my beautifull daughter have puplished our listing eralier. Unfortunitly I am having a big problem grasping evreything in, filling in ifo and jumbing from one thing to another on airbnb page. I feel lost, so many things to ask and wanting to know. i am hosting my 1st guest in June 12 to July 1st. I did prepare everything according to what i published the list for, with the suggition of Airbnb pricing wise etc. But then i start adding things, changing prices for the future. Trying to update my profile is so hard for me as i go through people profiles and find them way better than mine, I don't know I have so may questions as a new host and don't know where to start. In a moment of dispare, I thought i cancel the whole thing but I thought to myself, I am sure that people have experinced the same when they first started, and with the days i ll be able to update the property and fill in all info with ease, and that it ll take time to get to the point that i ll be confdient enough to go to the next leve. And when i found and understood about the community, i was very happy cause i am sure that i will find all answers to my questions through you gus. I am sorry for the long conv. later it ll be questions, opnion and answers, thank you again and god bless.

Aleja6
Level 2
Herndon, VA

Hello There Airbnbers:

My name is Alejandrina..Aleja pronounced Alayha is just fine for those who are not up to the challenge in saying the full name...haha.
I am an Airbnber like yourself but I am also a Co host of a wonderful location in Herndon, VA just 45 mins from Washington, D.C.
Check out our listing and I look forward to having you stay with us.
We host guests with a variety of backgrounds-both culturally and work minded.
I love to Host and enjoy seeing our guests get the most out of their stay including a little "Inspiration/Motivation."
I look forward to having you visit for a few days, weeks or in the middle of a long term transfer to the area.
Can not live with out the following: Yankees Giants Rangers Amazon Prime/Netflix Pepsi 🙂
Co Hosting Style: Make all guest feel like they are visiting that friend they haven't seen in a few years. Ensuring the guest rooms and common areas are sanitary, organized, peaceful, inspirational and motivating. Cheers!

Aleja6
Level 2
Herndon, VA

I wanted to kknow how to list myself on this platform and offer my Co Hosting services.

Thank you for any feedback/advise.

Cheers.

Anne1036
Level 5
Ballinakill, Ireland

Hello to everybody,

I have been hosting a room in my home since 2016 but have only begun  to engage with the commu ity center recently.

Both myself and my husband like to travel. We used to travel a lot but now due to life commitments we tend to be home a lot. Airbnb has provided a way for us to have the world come to us instead of the other way round. We have really enjoyed meeting the widely diverse range of travellers who have been through our home since opening our doors to airbnb. 

Baking is one of the things I really enjoy doing in my spare time. Hosting airbnb guests gives me ample opportunity to try new recipies for all sorts of goodies without gaining 100 pounds, as I possibly might with just two of us living here ;-).

I would really like to hear from the community about any sustainable practices people use in their hosting.

Looking forward to lots of productive and informative discussions with all of you.

Anne

Linda1576
Level 2
Passage West, Ireland

Hi Lizzie. I’m Linda from Ireland. Only joined air B and B a week ago and I have a booking for 3 months already. I have to say I was more than surprised that air b&b took 20 percent from me. What r the views on that ?

Ozlam0
Level 2
Baku, Azerbaijan

Hello Everybody!

My name is Ozlam. Me and my wife (Arzu) are hosting a lovely apartment here in Baku, Azerbaijan since the last quarter of 2018. I would like to say it has been a great experience overall. We get to meet wonderful people from all around the world. In addition it is a great supplement to our monthly income!

We both like to travel of course. We have a wonderful daughter we are trying to raise 🙂 She has turned 1 year old recently. After work we go out and walk around our ancient city Baku. You guys have to come and see it really. Me and my wife would be more than happy to host you and explore the city with you if the time permits of course! (especially Old Town)

We could not thank the Airbnb staff and the community more for what they are doing. Keep up the good work! Moreover, if you have any questions or simply would like any kind of information about anything, we would be glad to help! Do not hesitate to write us!

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Ozlam & Arzu

Jennifer1777
Level 2
North Vancouver, Canada

Hi, I am a new host. Living in North Vancouver, BC, Canada. Still learning to navigate the app. Still lots of questions. Hope I can get some help and tips. 

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Jennifer1777 what do you need help with? And welcome 🙂 

Hi Ana, it’s more about compliance to the local laws and regulations. Such as if we need to register a business license to be a host on Airbnb. 

Also, where can we go and request guest to fill out all the guests who are staying at my place

Jen305
Level 2
Dartmouth, MA

Hi everyone I’m Jen. I’m a new host in Dartmouth Ma about an hour outside of Boston.

Dartmouth is a very quiet area on the south coast.  I’m currently renting two out of three bedrooms in my home. The weather can be unpredictable for Massachusetts. April to September and occasionally October is the best time to come to Dartmouth. There is lots to do around the area. Beaches are not a far drive. Plenty of great restaurants in and around the area and the Cape is not far at all. 

Jennifer1777
Level 2
North Vancouver, Canada

Hi, I am Jennifer. Very excited to join Airbnb. I just started hosting in May. Hope to find other host in city of North Vancouver, B.C., Canada. Need info on business license registration, and home insurance,etc.