New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here (Updated)

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here (Updated)

Hello everyone,

A warm welcome to the Community Center. 

This discussion is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb Community members, as well as welcoming and saying hello to newcomers in return. Thanks to all of you who have already introduced yourself and contributed in our previous thread, here.  

I'm Lizzie and I am the Community Manager here, along with my teammate @Quincy. I have been managing the Airbnb Community Center since it officially opened in November 2015. It is fantastic to speak with amazing community members here. 

To kickstart this topic, I would like to share a few things about myself:

1. I love to travel, hot or cold it doesn't matter - I'm ready with my sun lotion or a raincoat! 
  2. I play several instruments, but my main one is the flute. I always enjoy a good conversation about music. 
  3. Lastly, over the past year I have become very interested in all things eco/sustainablilty related.

How about you? Any interesting facts or hobbies?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

456 Replies 456
David6156
Level 2
Bangkok, Thailand

Hi Quincy, Lizzie and dear friends,

I'm David: a crazy traveler lover! Since I left my lovely family when I was 17 yo, the world is my Home and I never get tired of moving around, exploring new places and try something new. My work has also motivating me to move around, so after living in many European countries (France, Italy, UK, Spain, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Germany,  Belgium), I moved in APAC where I'm now staying and loving it since more than 19 years (Australia, Thailand, Taiwan, Singapore, Vietnam, South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Philippines, China). And of course, I have been travelling the world - 3 round trips - visited US, Central Americas and Africa 🙂 So many places to see and discover... but also to share, enjoy and cherish together. Love cooking, talking, writing, walking and much more... the love for our planet is endless.

And AirBnb is giving me a change to share this with all travelers, from Paris to Bangkok and soon Sydney. Just few lines to introduce myself... more face to face  🙂

Cheers,

David

Werner124
Level 1
Randburg, South Africa

Hi All,

I am Werner for Johannesburg South Africa.

A bit about myself I am a Bitcoin Miner and have recently ventured into becoming a Vlogger or Youtuber.  I have joined AirBnB obviously for the great places to stay when travelling for my Channels.

I have two one personal and one that I will be focussing on all things green. I am looking at creating a GREEN type of EXPERIENCE as a LOcal Giude

If you have a GREEN venue off the grid" or Eco-friendly place lets chat and see how we can work together to not only create unforgettable memories for guests but also help the planet along the way.  

Olive497
Level 2
Trinidad and Tobago

Hello everyone,

I'm Olive from the beautiful islands of Trinidad and Tobago in the West Indies. I am new to Airbnb as a host and I am very excited to be on this journey. I am currently doing a rent to rent listing for a studio apartment in Tobago. I have had some interest shown but no bookings as yet.

Adam1084
Level 2
Milwaukee, WI

Hi All,

I'm Adam, I'm from Milwaukee, WI, USA. Studied photography and graphic design at the Savannah College of Art and Design. I've also worked for Apple for 12 years. I travel quite a lot in my free time; Iceland, Germany, Canada, Vietnam, Indonesia, Italy, France, UK, Japan, Spain and hopefully more to come!

I've been photographing architecture for 7 years. I'm enjoying my first few shoots with AirBnB. It's already snowed three times in Wisconsin, unusually early for winter and challenging to photography listings in!

Glad to meet everyone!

Shelby91
Level 2
Tampa, FL

Hi everyone, 

I just discovered the CC and think it’s wonderful! I enjoy reading about hosts from all over the world. It’s truly amazing! My husband, David and I started hosting our home in Clearwater, Fl less then a year ago. I absolutely love it! We have hosted families from all over the world. I find it so interesting to hear my guests  stories and what brings them to my side of the world. I look forward to having more properties in the future and maybe meeting some of you! 
Shelby Epstein 

Kevin1643
Level 2
Issaquah, WA

Hello!

I'm currently based in Western Washington and have enjoyed using Airbnb to travel over the past several years. I'm excited to be joining the team of photographers and helping hosts showcase their listings! 

Jane2609
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hello, I'm Jane and live near Croydon in UK. 

New to AirBnb - my flat is in Newquay, Cornwall.

Great to 'meet' you guys.

Jane2609
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

ps I'm a dog lover and have a chocolate labrador, very elderly now. The dog, not me! Although ...

My son is in the process of adopting a Romanian street dog. We'll see how that goes ...

Christine2406
Level 2
Cwrt-newydd, United Kingdom

hiya,

My name is Chris and I am a first timer with Airbnb.  I offer pilgrimage experiences in West Wales, UK. We are quite remote here so no idea how it will go.  

I have a question, please.  I notice that people are on different 'Levels' - can you please explain what the levels are and what they mean. Is it better to be on higher levels or lower?  Have not come across anything but perhaps it is explained somewhere.  Thanks.

Blessings

Chris

Hi Chris,

@Christine2406

I think its how many times you post and interact on the CC.

Link to your airbnb listing, we love Wales.

Chris 

Ciro19
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

Hi Lizzie and everyone!

After 10 years between the UK and Spain, I am back to the base, Italy, Naples!

Happy to join this community and is there any Italian speaking community?

Grazie mille!

Ciro

Huy186
Level 2
Bethlehem, PA

Hi there!

My name is Huy(Hw*ee) and I just started my journey on Airbnb.  I originally wanted to own rental properties to rent them out long term to bring enough passive income to cover my expenses and eventually become financially free.  However, I met someone who is now my good friend/business partner, which showed the potential of Airbnb.  I have been hosting for over 1 month now and have seen great returns.  My main hustle is freelance photography/videography which helped out in taking quality pictures of my stays.  Being a creative, I wanted to document my journey and create a youtube channel to show others that they don't have to follow the traditional 9-5 life.  I hope to entertain and educate other people who were in my situation and wanted to follow their passions instead of working for the "Man". If you have some time in your day to spare and watch my videos, I would HIGHLY appreciate it!  Would love to hear some feedback in the comments!

Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFKOlErXFd4&t=1s

Suy63
Level 1
Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia

Dear All,

I am Ty, living in Siem Reap Cambodia and very new on Airbnb. I do not know a lot, but I was very happy to join Airbnb, as I had a few bookings in just a week, but I got my first payout, and lost the 1/3 of it because of fees here in Cambodia. I would like to contact someone from the Cambodian community to give me suggestions, help how can I avoid loosing money beacuse of international wire fees. Please if you can help me, contact me. Thank you and have a nice Holidays.

Hi Ty, well done on getting bookings in just a week. How did you do it? I'm new to Airbnb also and need to get the bookings going. Looking forward to hearing from you, Natalie.

Marie5852
Level 1
Saint-Germain-en-Laye, FR

Bonjour tout le monde !

Je m'appelle Marie 

Je suis hôte à Saint Germain en laye 

J'ai un souci avec le ménage. 

L'horaire de départ de mes clients est 11h et celui d'arriver du prochain est à 14h00

Il est trop difficile de trouver une femme de ménage disponible dans cette horaire à un prix sensé.

Les femmes de ménage disponibles son libre après 18h00 mais cela est trop tard pour celui qui arrive.

Connaissez vous une solution pour trouver un ménage à 11h abordable ?

Merci beaucoup de votre aide 

Marie