New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here (Updated)

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here (Updated)

Hello everyone,

A warm welcome to the Community Center. 

This discussion is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb Community members, as well as welcoming and saying hello to newcomers in return. Thanks to all of you who have already introduced yourself and contributed in our previous thread, here.  

I'm Lizzie and I am the Community Manager here, along with my teammate @Quincy. I have been managing the Airbnb Community Center since it officially opened in November 2015. It is fantastic to speak with amazing community members here. 

To kickstart this topic, I would like to share a few things about myself:

1. I love to travel, hot or cold it doesn't matter - I'm ready with my sun lotion or a raincoat! 
  2. I play several instruments, but my main one is the flute. I always enjoy a good conversation about music. 
  3. Lastly, over the past year I have become very interested in all things eco/sustainablilty related.

How about you? Any interesting facts or hobbies?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

456 Replies 456
Louise544
Level 2
Sayabec, Canada

@Louise60

Loulou
Louise544
Level 2
Sayabec, Canada

@Louise 544

Bonsoir, je me prénomme Louise et je demeure dans un petit village fondé par mon arrière arrière grand père et mon arrière grand père ainsi que deux autres personnes.  Il est situé dans une vallée près du Lac Matapédia.  Les visiteurs qui s'arrêtent ont tendance à le faire parce que cet endroit n'est pas connu et il est perçu comme une halte entre  2 endroits.  Pourtant, ce village est un point d'ancrage pour aller visiter de nombreux endroits.  J'ai eu la chance de recevoir des visiteurs qui étaient des hôtes, ils m'ont donné des conseils pour améliorer ma chambre d'ami et quelques détails.  Je suis allée en Côte d'Ivoire à 3 reprises.  Je suis de retour chez moi depuis deux semaines seulement étant donné le covid-19.  J'ai vécu 8 mois et demi à l'Ivoirienne en aidant des enfants défavorisés.  Ici, nos frontières sont fermées, il y a énormément d'anxiété face à cette maladie.  Pourtant, il y a eu la grippe espagnole, la grippe aviaire et autres qui ont crée de nombreux décès.  Mes séjours en Côte d'Ivoire m'ont permis de voir les nombreux décès dus au paludisme, la fièvre typhoïde et la faim.  Ils n'ont pas de lits de réanimation et ils ont tenté de construire un centre de dépistage à Yopougon, les Ivoiriens l'ont brûlé.  J'ai eu le paludisme 6 fois en prenant de la médication et j'ai été très malade au début janvier 2020.  Cette expérience m'a permise d'apprécier encore plus la vie.  Nos sociétés industrialisées et prétendues civilisées abordent ce problème médical d'une façon catastrophique, il est important de prévenir et de dédramatiser.  Mon grand père était médecin de campagne et la vie d'autrefois n'était pas facile.  Nous avons la chance d'avoir de bons services de santé et je crois que notre rôle en tant que hôte est de bien recevoir nos visiteurs outre-mer et de chez nous, de les mettre en confiance parce que l'aspect psychologique provoqué par la désinformation et les stratèges gouvernementaux les rendre plus méfiants.  Un sourire, un bonjour, qu'est-ce que vous voulez boire? sont un minimum de savoir vivre quand nos visiteurs se présentent.  Si vous avez des suggestions pour faciliter l'accueil de nos visiteurs en cette période, je vous invite à m'en parler ainsi que toutes autres expériences pour que je puisse améliorer mes compétences en tant qu'hôte airbnb, je vous remercie beaucoup, je vous souhaite une belle journée pour certains et une bonne nuit pour d'autres 🙂

Loulou
Δημητρησ1
Level 2
Elounda, Greece

Hello iam dimitris from elounta crete, iam new to airbnb from the last summer Congratulations on your company. i like music i try to lern kuitar but i can not, i like football, swimming, gym, garden, my my job is cook and i like so much to travel but i can not becaouse of obligations

Kara343
Level 2
Maine, United States

Hi everyone! 
I’m Kara and I’m from the Caribbean although I’ve been living in Maine for the past 6 years. I’m very new to Airbnb and I love the vibrant and helpful community of hosts! Still trying to learn all the ropes to make this rental a success 

Harry325
Level 2
Sausalito, CA

Hi Lizzie and Quincy:

My wife and I host a house on Airbnb located on the west side of Lake Tahoe just seven miles south of Tahoe City. We have been Airbnb hosts for eight or so years and have earned the status of "Superhost" with a five star rating. I am hoping to connect with other Airbnb hosts in the area to see how we might help each other. Recently, new rules govenring vacation rentals have been implemented. One of the requirements is to list a person living locally to act as the "Local Contact" who could respond within an hour to any issues needing immediate response. I am searching for a reliable local person to serve in that capacity. I would be happy to set up a monthly retainer with that person. Other local hosts have the same issue so it would be helpful to be able to connect with them to see how we could help each other.

Thanks for hosting this site. I hope to get better connected!

Regards, Harry Chapman - 415-971-5746

Carole696
Level 2
Fontenay-le-Fleury, France

Bonjour à tous, 

Je suis Carole, de France, dans les Yvelines exactement. 

Je suis hôte depuis mars 2020 et nous sommes très heureux d'accueillir à chaque fois nos visiteurs.

Ils nous ont déjà beaucoup apporté et nous sommes dans le partage et le don.

Je travaille avec AIRBNB depuis que je suis en invalidité et que je ne peux me déplacer à l'extérieur pour me rendre à un travail. Alors, c'est une bonne opportunité pour avoir un petit revenu. Je suis toujours pleine de projets, mais je dois conjuguer avec la maladie. 

J'ai hâte de partager avec vous.

Bien à vous et au plaisir

Carole

LA MAISON D'OREL
Douglas323
Level 2
Mirboo North, Australia

Hi All, I am Doug and we tree-changed to a rural property six years ago when we retired. We're two hours out of Melbourne, Australia in South Gippsland and we run a little farmlet on 25 acres with some cattle (just changing our little herd over to belted galloways), sheep and we have a small separate cottage which we run as the B&B. We've been doing this for about the last 4 years so not new to airbnb. Also on other platforms. We are constantly renovating our infrastructure here as it is all old and worn out and we have received fantastic support from our guests as they come in and out of that process. Looking forward to interacting more on this platform.

Gerry47
Level 2
Long Beach, CA

Hi everyone my name is Gerry and I’m a super host from Long Beach California. I’ve been hosting for about two years now and as a plus host for about 1 year. I love what I do and find it really interesting to meet my guests from all over the world. The pandemic slowed everything way down for me but bookings have bounced back ferociously over the past few months which is great!

thanks

Winarta0
Level 1
Bali, Indonesia

Hello! My name is Wine. I and my wife Yank own two villas that we make available on Airbnb. They are located in Bali (Sanur) and have been empty since February this year. We do not see any change in this situation for as long as Bali remains locked up due to the corona circuit breaker. But all things will come to an end - also this terrible situation - and we hope to pick up our Airbnb activities again when that happens. 

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

Anna1632
Level 2
Stockholm, Sweden

Hi I am Anna, I am actually not new to the forum but by any reason I cannot start a conversation and ask the forum a question, anyone knows how I can solve that? TIA

Wendy1145
Level 2
Colorado Springs, CO

Hi All,

My husband and I starting hosting a year ago in Colorado Springs, CO after our only daughter went off to college. We rent the lower level of our home. We have found it very beneficial and even after the Pandemic hit we have excellent occupancy and even raised our rates. With winter coming and not being part of the ski areas, our bookings are starting to slip and we have started doing more promotions. 

I wanted to join the community to get more support for ideas. I also found that my whole Airbnb platform has changed, but my husband's did not. I have not seen anything from Airbnb about changes and wondered if others had this experience too? When I first looked at the community it seemed like all the posts were very old--but today I saw there are technical issues and maybe there is current activity, but it just isn't getting displayed? Anyway, I am looking for help--either from Airbnb or other hosts. Thanks I hope to be able to contribute some useful info too. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Wendy1145 I suggest you start a new thread with any questions you have. I am sure someone will join in and answer you.

Hello Lizzie & Quincy and all the members of the community,

I'm Sandra and on behalf of our family company run 4 rentals in Valletta, Malta. We work under the name Valletta Property Rentals. Our apartments are right in the centre of Valletta on two of the most authentic streets. We've been doing this for quite a few years now, starting with one property and building up to 4. We were to open a small bed and breakfast this year too, but COVID came in the way, so we're looking into hopefully opening that next year in a central town in Malta called Mosta. It's a lovely location just next to the Mosta Dome Basilica - famous for having remained standing with no one hurt when a bomb fell through the ceiling during a celebration in WWII. We focus very much on keeping and preserving original features of our properties and on restored period furniture defining the style.  We hope to be able to welcome travellers to our homes soon again!

Please stay safe & healthy!

Sandra

Scott278
Level 2
Sedona, AZ

Hi All !

My Wife and I have been SuperHosts since the 1st quarter when we started a few years ago. We moved to Sedona,AZ from MI and are now on Experiences. While we'll have to wait a bit until we're able to Host again, we're happy to be on Airbnb again !

We have a new business and give private Tours on Segways, Electric Bikes, and Electric Scooters, as well as renting Ebikes and Escooters. 

We're always open and willing to help. If there's anything we can help you with, just ask !

Scott

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the community @Scott278! I was in Sedona last year! Love the place 😃

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen