New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here (Updated)

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here (Updated)

Hello everyone,

A warm welcome to the Community Center. 

This discussion is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb Community members, as well as welcoming and saying hello to newcomers in return. Thanks to all of you who have already introduced yourself and contributed in our previous thread, here.  

I'm Lizzie and I am the Community Manager here, along with my teammate @Quincy. I have been managing the Airbnb Community Center since it officially opened in November 2015. It is fantastic to speak with amazing community members here. 

To kickstart this topic, I would like to share a few things about myself:

1. I love to travel, hot or cold it doesn't matter - I'm ready with my sun lotion or a raincoat! 
  2. I play several instruments, but my main one is the flute. I always enjoy a good conversation about music. 
  3. Lastly, over the past year I have become very interested in all things eco/sustainablilty related.

How about you? Any interesting facts or hobbies?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

456 Replies 456
Maria-Teresa--Mayte-0
Level 3
Casabermeja, Spain

Hola a todos, mi nombre Mayte llevo poco tiempo en Airbnb estoy entre  la costa del sol en Mijas y Casabermeja en Málaga. Me encanta viajar y poder disfrutar de alguno de los hospedajes que ofrecen otros anfitriones seria genial.

Mayte
Yanti14
Level 2
Wakefield, MA

Hello just started hosting and so far so good! What is co-hosting?

Hi @Yanti14 

Co-host means if you have listed your property with Airbnb and you are the host but if someone else assist you to manage your property and help Airbnb related activities he or she is the co-host.

Thank you 

Regards 

Mizanur 

Hello everyone!

My husband, Carson, and I have 2 AIRBNBs in Durham, NC.  We are dog friendly locations.  We have had nothing but good experiences with AIRBNB and I am thankful for this outlet to voice concerns and praises.  We are SuperHosts and work diligently to keep that rating.  I did post some concerns about the new refund policy and I think that maybe, with clarification about what determines unclean or pests, we could avoid having guests that may try to abuse the policy.  While most people are genuine and honest, there are those that are not and may try to take advantage of us.  We need some safeguards there.

Thank you again for this forum.

Without HOSTS, there are  no GUESTS.  It's important to truly understand who the customer is for AIRBNB.

Diane1051
Level 2
Pottsboro, TX

I called about the same concerns. If this is public for the guests they could take advantage of this to our demise. You know there are scoundrels out there and I have had a few already 

Hello Lizzie @Quincy , 

My name is Amelia. I began hosting on Airbnb in April 2022. I'm pretty new, and one of the things on my to do list is to join an online group to learn about how others are managing their Airbnb site. 

I guess I'll follow your lead. 3 things about me:

1.  I love music. I play the fiddle, focusing on old-time traditional fiddle music.

2. I enjoy travelling and sure find it wonderful to come  home.

3. I belong to a group that studies CG Jung's work. 

Hi Lizzie,

My name is Jacqueline. I began hosting my Big Bear cabin with ABnB May 2022. It has been a great experience and I am now a Superhost. I love yoga, hiking, gardening, & skiing!

I am looking for an ABnB in Santa Barbara for 6 family members, 5/10 - 5/15, who will be in town for a funeral and a baby shower. Does anyone have referrals?

Hello Jacqueline,

It's wonderful to meet you! Congratulations on becoming a Superhost and having a fantastic experience hosting your Big Bear cabin with Airbnb. Your passion for yoga, hiking, gardening, and skiing sounds amazing!

I'm truly sorry to hear about the reason for your trip to Santa Barbara. Planning for both a funeral and a baby shower can be challenging, but I'm sure you'll find a perfect Airbnb accommodation to make the stay comfortable and memorable for your family.

Regards,

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Inmaculada83
Level 2
Miraflores de la Sierra, Spain

Hello Lizzie,

Thanks for welcoming me.

I´m Inmaculada. New as hoster in Airbnb. 

I love reading, travelling, and most of all decorating places. 

I live in a little village near Madrid, Spain.

Rosa340
Level 2
Crescentino, Italy

Buongiorno, mi chiamo Rosa, sono una nuovissima Host. Ho una casa storica in Monferrato, precisamente a Grazzano Badoglio (Asti) che da fine Aprile ho condiviso sulla piattaforma Airbnb. 

Sono una persona solare,  amo accogliere e conoscere nuove persone.

Hello everyone,

My name is Robert Collins, and I'm thrilled to be here today. As a IT Expert, I have had the privilege of [briefly mention your experience or achievements related to your profession]. Being part of this [event/meeting/community] gives me the opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals who share a passion for **.

Throughout my journey, I have encountered various challenges and experiences that have shaped me both personally and professionally. I firmly believe in the power of [your core values or beliefs related to your field], and I am dedicated to. It is my sincere hope that by collaborating and exchanging ideas, we can collectively make a positive impact in IT.

I'm excited to learn from each one of you and contribute to the vibrant discussions that lie ahead. Let's seize this moment to inspire and support one another on our shared journey of growth and success.

Thank you, and I'm looking forward to a fantastic experience together!

Best regards,
Robert Collins

---

Randall8
Level 2
Columbia, MO

Dear Lizzie . . . and Greetings Airbnb Hosts!

My name is Randall, and my co-Host is Gary.  We own and operate a home-based Airbnb in central Missouri.  We are well-reviewed and respected in our community and have been hosting on the Airbnb platform since 2015.  We are committed to the highest standards of hospitality, lodging, and the privacy of our guests.  Our local City Council is in the process of bringing about regulations to support the short-term rental business and is working closely with the department of Planning and Zoning to establish the necessary rules and regulations, ordinances, oversight, and conditions of inspection and licensure.  It has been an agenda item for two years now and continues to be debated sometimes hotly!  

We are a dog-friendly business and have found that to be a true delight and pleasure.  Our resident dog is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, named "Darby".  She is still a puppy at 7 months old, but a joy and delight and follows the former Chief Resident Corgin, "Duke" who is longer living. Pictured here is Duke and what a grand fellow he was!

We continue to discover new people, new aspects of this home-based business and great pleasure in sharing our home with people from all over the world.

iPhone Photo (3) - Copy.JPG

Randall
Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Randall8 

A very warm welcome to you!  

I was thrilled to see you share a photo of your beloved Duke, as my family also have a corgi called Duke, who belongs to my niece.  Your Duke looks like he was a grand fellow indeed.

I hope we see you around the Community, feel free to share more about your hosting journey, or get involved with some discussion posts!

I'll leave you with my favourite photo of "our" Duke - complete with cone of shame.  I love how goofy his face looks!

Jenny

Screenshot_20230727_090839_Instagram.jpg

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hello Lizzie,

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm thrilled to be a part of the Airbnb Community Center and connect with fellow community members.

My name is mart, and I'm excited to share a bit about myself:

• Like you, I'm passionate about traveling and exploring new places, whether it's under the sun or amid a drizzle.
  • Music is an integral part of my life too! While I don't play any instruments, I love indulging in conversations about different genres and artists.
  • Recently, I've developed a keen interest in eco-friendly site like **

Wanda245
Level 2
Gray, GA

Hello and thank you for the welcome. My name is Wanda. I am from Ga (Macon) to be exact. I just became a co host on someones properties as I am there Cleaning person. I started my own cleaning business in 2016 and now I have gotten here. Some fun things about me are:

1.) I am a Mom to 5 kids. Thats why I started my business because i needed a flexible schedule.

2.) I love to paint

3.) I love to make people smile and help others. 

Look forward to seeing who I can connect with now that I am here.