New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here (Updated)

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here (Updated)

Hello everyone,

A warm welcome to the Community Center. 

This discussion is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb Community members, as well as welcoming and saying hello to newcomers in return. Thanks to all of you who have already introduced yourself and contributed in our previous thread, here.  

I'm Lizzie and I am the Community Manager here, along with my teammate @Quincy. I have been managing the Airbnb Community Center since it officially opened in November 2015. It is fantastic to speak with amazing community members here. 

To kickstart this topic, I would like to share a few things about myself:

1. I love to travel, hot or cold it doesn't matter - I'm ready with my sun lotion or a raincoat! 
  2. I play several instruments, but my main one is the flute. I always enjoy a good conversation about music. 
  3. Lastly, over the past year I have become very interested in all things eco/sustainablilty related.

How about you? Any interesting facts or hobbies?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

456 Replies 456
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@John4757 Another idea> Knock on the door and ask them who. they are renting from. At present, unless they are workers or in a few other categories, they are not legally allowed to rent the flat due to lockdown

Shawn464
Level 2
San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago

Hello and nice to meet the community! 🙂 

I am Shawn from the Caribbean. Been enjoying being a host and quite intrigued to learn more about the ABnB universe so here I am. 

Hoping to join a couple of meet ups and get acquainted. 

Shawn.

Hello everyone, my name is Joanne Eng; my listings are in Russian Hill, San Francisco, CA!  I am a Superhost for the past 3 years with one of the listings and currently just added 2 listings!    I am also an acupuncturist in CA, but not practicing yet!   Yesterday I kicked a guest and her boyfriend out of my home who broke the house rules!  And also very disrespectful of my place; do not acknowledged or say hi to me! I felt very uncomfortable in my own home!  Very grateful Airbnb helped me!   

Emily1198
Level 2
Oklahoma City, OK

My name is Emily and I've been hosting for about 6 months now in Oklahoma City! I've loved hosting my home and my calendar has been almost fully booked for the 6 months! It's been great! I've had a few bad guests and am currently working on a reimbursement claim that's taken a month for Airbnb to resolve. I am hoping to be able to discuss similar issues with fellow hosts. I'm quite frustrated at the moment, both with the guests and with Airbnb's response to the destruction. Hopefully this community can help with tips and other responses from like-minded hosts with experiences like mine. 

I've ridden horses for 25 years, love traveling, hiking, and rescuing dogs through fostering! 

Cheers!

Hi all. I am new to the hosting in air bnb. Have posted one bhk in hingewadi and will see how it works compare to renting out the place on monthly basis. Hope can get guidance from this community.

best wishes

vibhav chavan

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome to the community @Vibhav4!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hi! I am Lisa and just started AirBnB hosting in the Lake Hartwell, GA area. Thanks for the welcome. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It's great to have you here @Lisa5345

-----

Penny333
Level 2
Wanaka, New Zealand

Hello, thank you for the invitation,   I am Penny, in Wanaka,  New Zealand.  We just started air BnB this January (2020) with a studio in our home, was going to be our treats and trips money as we move towards retirement.

my question is probably the same as everyone else’s,  how do I maximise my income in these times?

regards penny 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Penny333, this is a great question! I really recommend asking this to our community members as they are very experienced. 

You can start a conversation by clicking >here<. 

I hope this helps!

-----

Javier1159
Level 2
Miami, FL

Hi guys I am javier and doing my listing in jacksonville 

Sobi7
Level 1
Phoenix, AZ

Hi Lizzie, 

I am Sobi. I reside in Phoenix, Arizona state. USA. I am originally from Nigeria. I joined Airbnb to make some extra money and also been Airbnb member, it will help me to maintain my new house. I work and go to school.

I love to travel but so far I don’t have money to do so.

I play soccer and ping pong and I am really good at both.

thank you all and remain Blessed 

Sobi

Christy211
Level 2
Anatone, WA

Hello All, 

‘My name is Christy, I am Married to my husband Kirk.  We are retired.  I still do fill in work as a mammogram technologist.  We have a cabin in the woods in Washington State.  We love it so much, we decided to build our home next door.  This is how our cabin and Airbnb came to be.  We thought we would try to offset the costs, so we would be able to keep the cabin.  We love the outdoors and love to travel.  Destination beach vacations are probably our favorite.  We have two dogs, one cat, and one feral cat.  I have researched many questions I have had for hosting our cabin and how to do things. It has been educational for sure.  Thank you for helping me out on different occasions.  I hope to have success in hosting the cabin.  So far it has been interesting.    Thank you again.

Sarah3428
Level 2
East Heslerton, United Kingdom

Hi Lizzie & Quincy

Where would we be without the help from you lovely people.  I am new to hosting this year and have an 8 bedroom holiday home which sadly in its first year of opening has been flattened by this Covid pandemic that is no doubt affecting us all.  What happens if we have a question that the community cant help with, how can we get through to the company as its proving very difficult and is a very important issue that needs addressing quickly.  I am a mum of twin teenage girls as well as being a remedial massage therapist so keep myself out of mischief.  I would be very grateful if you could help me with this key question.

Many thanks and great to be onboard otherwise.

Sarah

Shaun300
Level 2
Melbourne, Australia

Hello everyone, I have 4 apartments with Airbnb and they have made good money from me as I have been fortunate enough to have a high rate of occupancy. Despite this I have had terrible experiences with Airbnb support. They have treated me with complete and utter disregard. I just do no understand why they do this. It is truly astonishing and very upsetting.