New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here (Updated)

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here (Updated)

Hello everyone,

A warm welcome to the Community Center. 

This discussion is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb Community members, as well as welcoming and saying hello to newcomers in return. Thanks to all of you who have already introduced yourself and contributed in our previous thread, here.  

I'm Lizzie and I am the Community Manager here, along with my teammate @Quincy. I have been managing the Airbnb Community Center since it officially opened in November 2015. It is fantastic to speak with amazing community members here. 

To kickstart this topic, I would like to share a few things about myself:

1. I love to travel, hot or cold it doesn't matter - I'm ready with my sun lotion or a raincoat! 
  2. I play several instruments, but my main one is the flute. I always enjoy a good conversation about music. 
  3. Lastly, over the past year I have become very interested in all things eco/sustainablilty related.

How about you? Any interesting facts or hobbies?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

456 Replies 456

I am in a tourist town in New Zealand, and it’s been ok over summer,   I have been asking everyone for a review, and it’s worked.  I’ve had to drop the nightly rate, due to competition, but 85% full.  Our borders are closed but no community transmission here, so we can travel domestically.  

I know now from first hand experience at AROCK. Brand newly remodeled I just couldn’t see pets in house. Not only cuz of damage (everyone’s dog is good) but they get on furniture and beds not counting dander for those allergic so I just couldn’t as much as I would love to.  But Certified dogs are exactly that. They are taught not to be on furniture.  I may lesson my stance during time. But I don’t know how. Humans have probably damaged stuff more than dogs would have 

Tinker2
Level 2
Cambridge, MA

Hello, 

Tinker here. I'm based in Boston, but just posted a small Cape Cod cottage on Airbnb for July and August. Never hosted before.  Still new to setting up cleaning, trash. 

Any tips on off-site hosting would be helpful. I'm 1.5 hours away. 

Thanks, 

Tinker

I am 45” away but have awesome. Greqr neighbors. But they know the house and watch over it.  I am new too. Sept 2020.  People have trashed the place. Broken things. I have gone over backwards to not accuse. But I had one that trashed me for no reason   AirBNB was right there for me   Just keep up with Airbnb notes and call them anytime 

The trash thing. Has been my biggest nite mare. The good thing is that final review where you can tell them privately. You empty all trashes. But rarely is done   Leave sink full of food. Dishwasher going   More people in Josie than they report. I am on AirBNB support more than you know. But I didn’t report most of them. Only one. 

I feel your anxiety.  I am new since Sept.  when they come for even 2-3 days. Amazing how much garbage. They do not follow my rules of emptying all in house garage into to lined cans. 4 of them   I write them a private note to them but I don’t put it out on the site so me or them have a problem of renting in future. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Tinker2 welcome to the community. Just a quick comment on your listing. The text says Saturday-saturday only BUT people can book for 7 nights starting any day they want. You need to download the pro hosting tools and then set up a ruleset to only allow Saturday check in/check out.

Thanks. I was trying to figure out how to do that. 

@Tinker2  If you haven't found the pro tools yet, go to your account and request them.  As for remote hosting, you have to have a great cleaner who will communicate well with you.  He or she and/or a caretaker should go over the cottage between guests with a video call to you, until you get to know each other better.  Have a system in place for replacing supplies.  Finally, don't allow last-minute bookings - make sure you have at least a day's lead time.  I host remotely in Maine and it's not a problem, you just need to have good people on the ground and good communication.

Thanks you so much. I've already lined up cleaners and trash. 

You're right, I couldn't find those tools so I'll ask.

We're just going to start out with weekly rentals in July and August. No last minutes.  

We're worried because it's been up for a week and no takers. On the hand, it's snowing here. 

I feel good about it though. It's a cute place and a good price. 

TR

Hi I'm a newbie from Maine.  I have a Yurt-Tent in my 3 1/2 acre back yard.  Very secluded.  I like to travel and like to read.  

I think you will do good. Renting might be fun 

@Rjgaurora3-Juno-Com0  I agree with @Diane1051 that you will do well!  My listings are in Maine and people love to be secluded in nature.

Jeet61
Level 2
Faridabad, India

Dear Everyone,

I'm Jeet, and I do not lead the Community Center yet. but I would soon manage an online forum on a regular basis. You will see me posting here sometimes. 

Some additional facts about me:

1. My favourite city is London. I spent hours and hours of time there on Google Earth & Google Street view for years, until I actually got to visit the city in person recently. Such a busy yet friendly and historic place!
  2. I'm originally from Delhi, India.

How about you, any fun facts you want to share? 

Jeet61_0-1611774535950.png

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you so feel free to reply to this thread and say hello!

Stay Inside, Stay Safe...!!!

Love is in the Air, BnB is what I have
@>>;--
Ami19
Level 2
Silver City, NM

Hello!  I’m trying to ask a question, and it’s not going through. Tells me “error,” and gives me code “37FF74E2.”  Thank you!