New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

Marjo0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here!

**We now have a new introduction discussion, to view click here. We look forward to hearing from you. This topic is closed to new replies. Thank you **

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Airbnb Community Center. This thread is for introducing yourself to your fellow Airbnb forum members, as well as welcoming and saying hi to newcomers in return, in order to make everyone feel like they belong.

I'm Marjo, and I lead the Community Center staff team who will manage this online forum on a daily basis. You will see me posting here sometimes, along with our other English community staff member @Lizzie, who has just joined as well and will be introducing herself in this thread too - Lizzie will be managing the English community full-time once we launch the forum.

Here's a few additional facts about me:

1. My favourite city is San Francisco. I spent hours and hours of time there on Google street view for years, until I actually got to visit the city in person recently. Such a friendly and colourful place!
  2. I have 2 cats which probably makes me a bit of a (crazy) cat lady.
  3. I'm originally from Helsinki, Finland.

How about you, any fun facts you want to share? 🙂

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you so feel free to reply to this thread and say hello!

-------------------------

New to the Community Center? Check Getting Started for guidelines and info.

1,250 Replies 1,250
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Rachel477,

Welcome to the Community Center!

It's great to have you here with us. Is that your horse in the picture? Did you know that we have a 'Meet the pets' thread where you can introduce your horse?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Steve440
Level 1
Austin, TX

Hello, everyone.  I'm Steve from Austin, TX.

I'm a new "Experience" host and just starting out.  A few things about me:

1. I love music and get to enjoy a lot here in Austin.  
  2. Sailing is my lifetime passion -- and that's what I'll be hosting: "Sailing Experiences"
  3. I also host a sailing podcast, about a year old, having fun with it.

My really BIG DEAL this year is a sailing race to Cuba which departs Florida on Monday!!

Keep Calm & Sail On,

Steve 

Hi Steve:

I cohost and we have one property on a river.  We were thinking of trying to host some experiences.  I would love to hear your insights about experineces - managing expexcations while providing something special.  Best of luck with your upcoming sailing race - I have always wanted to see Cuba.

River House Retreat!

Fell's Point/ Canton Area Classic Row House

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Steve440,

Nice to meet you!

I'm Quincy, the Community Coordinator. Your sailing trip sounds very exciting, are you fully prepared for it? It'd be great if you could share some experiences with us here in the Community Center :-). 

-----

Honest0
Level 2
Oakland, CA

Hi everyone.

I am happy to have found this online community, which I think is very valuable because we can share ideas.   I am originally from Zimbabwe and I live in Connecticut.  I joined Airbnb 2 years ago when I was still in the Bay Area, but I had not visited this site for more than 2 years when I was Germany.  Now I am back in the US and I hope to be here more often.

Looking forward to discussions with fellow members here.

Many thanks,

Honest 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Honest0,

It's great to have you here with us. We have a number of discussion rooms to make it easier to navigate here, so feel free to take a look at the Discussion Rooms.

I hope to see you around!

-----

Yvonne199
Level 1
Tauranga, New Zealand

Hi Im Yvonne from New Zealand, a beautiful coastal town in Tauranga called Papamoa Beach, close to the very popular Mount Maunganui.  I am excited to be starting this little project and hope to improve as I go so I look forward to reading tips and ideas to make my hosting a higher standard.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Yvonne199,

Welcome on board!

I just checked Papamoa Beach, and it looks beautiful! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read that it's a really good spot for surfing? I also just want to let you know that we also have a number of Discussion Rooms to make it easier for you to navigate. 

-----

Janice-And-Garry0
Level 2
Ontario, Canada

Hello/Bonjour/Hola/Ni hao/Konichiwa/Ciao Everyone!

So nice to hear and learn from so many of you Hosts Extraordinares!

It has been already 3 years since my first post here and boy oh boy, Hosting Life has evolved.

We've visited Airbnb HQ in San Francisco back in 2016. The place even has a Chinese beloved address of '88'. It was filled with Airbnbers working hard, people coming and going, rooms that mimic real listings as offices and meeting rooms, kitchens where chefs cook up 5 star delicious foods and staff are well fed, watering and snack bars that humans can imagine in their dreams. We saw Brian working too.

We love Airbnb so much and consider everyone family so it is my privilege to share with you about our Airbnb Life Evolution.

Our children are now officially adults with the last one just about to leave grade school.

Our older children now are enjoying Hosting and we are preparing the next generation of Hosts!

That's right, the next Gen Cometh.

We are building a larger family home to accommodate our growing family and using the original home as a Guest home. Our children participate with their new and fresh ideas about Hosting Millenial Style and bond with Guests their age very well. Our home is now filled with an Youthful Exuberance and Life that is better than watching Netflix. 

Sharing with the Next Gen is something to embrace because there is so much we can learn.

This way of life is the foundation of Airbnb and I am grateful and proud to be affiliated with you all.

Thank you very much.

Janice (Janet) and Garry

Airbnb Hosts/Guests from Perth/Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Janice-And-Garry0,

It's lovely to see how Airbnb has changed your family's way of living. I also find it great to hear that your older children are also participating.

I would love to hear more from you :-).

-----

Bob175
Level 2
San Mateo, CA

Hi...I'm Bob. I've been renting a spare room in my home for a little over two years. I'm a retired aviation maintenance technician and my hobby is photography. My house has become my photo gallery  (There's a long story behind that.) and people who stay here frequently find it fun to wander through the house and check out my work. I love getting a chance to visit with guests, but many times I only see them when they check in and out. I live near San Francisco, the San Francisco airport and many high tech companies. Consequently, when people stay at my house they usually are busy touring or attending meetings and conferences. As a result, many of them basically just sleep here.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Bob175,

Nice to meet you!

Your hobby sounds very interesting! Did you know that we have an interest board where you can share your interests? I think It'd be great to see some of your work :-). 

-----

Khosie0
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi All

Lovely to e-meet you all and happy to be part of this. I'm Khosie from Cape Town. I love travelling and meeting new people. We started hosting this year in January and so far its been pretty amazing! 

I'm in the film industry and I'm a photographer. We a cute little daughter which we love to bits and she too enjoys meeting new people. 

I love getting the tips on how to make our hosting experience a bit better. Love the app and how I can use on my laptop, see messages on my phone via sms and email. Everything is literally a click away. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Khosie0,

Welcome on board!

It's great to hear that you're enjoying your time as a host :-). Did you know that we have a lot of useful guides in the Community Center? I thought I'd share a couple with you in case you might be interested. 

I find 'A Host's guide to Airbnb' and '25 tips to get booked' very useful. There are a couple of ideas that you could implement such as the ones on this topic.

I hope this helps!

-----

Edward156
Level 2
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

Hi I am Edward from Malaysia joined Airbnb in 2012 when there was only a handful of hosts back then. Hope to learn more from you all. You are welcome to visit Malaysia and Asia.