New, unique Community Center usernames

Airbnb
Official Account

New, unique Community Center usernames

EN.png

We’re updating each Community Center member’s username so it’s unique and easily searchable. Now you’ll be able to make sure you’re mentioning the right @Annie or @Guillermo in your posts and replies.

Here’s how it will work: We will automatically add numbers to the end of your existing username to make it unique. To keep it simple, you won’t be able to further customize your username, but this change should help you find hosts and be found by them in the online Community.

We’re excited about this change and are happy to answer any questions you might have about it. Just reach out to your Online Community Managers here in the Community Center, @Lizzie@Stephanie or @Quincy.

132 Replies 132

@Crystal4  Look at some of the posts here- see how some names appear in blue? That is tagging. It means that the person who is tagged will receive a notification that someone has responded to them, otherwise they would never know unless they just read though all the posts every day, which no one would do. So, to tag me, you would click on the @ symbol, then type in my name and number, Sarah977, like I just tagged you.

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Hi @Lizzie 

As it looks the major improvement of the recent CC update will be, that we might be able to select from more than 5 people to tag in the dropdown menue.

2019-05-23 drop down list to tag - Lizzie.jpg

This would be an excellent change and highly appreciated.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Ute42

Aw yes, this was one of my personal flags for this update too! 🙂

You should presently see that the 5 has been increased to show 15, when you generally @ mention people who are not in the thread or type their name in. This feels quite a good number to me, but see how it goes and let me know. 

We are discussing with the team why this isn't showing 15 automatically for people in the specific thread. I'll keep you posted on this.

Just to check, are you experiencing any differences in the way the CC is working, I just want to make sure everything is working like normal for you all? 

Thank you so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie it is working well!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Ute42

Aw yes, this was one of my personal flags for this update too! 🙂

You should presently see that the 5 has been increased to show 15, when you generally @ mention people who are not in the thread or type their name in. This feels quite a good number to me, but see how it goes and let me know. 

We are discussing with the team why this isn't showing 15 automatically for people in the specific thread. I'll keep you posted on this.

Just to check, are you experiencing any differences in the way the CC is working, I just want to make sure everything is working like normal for you all? 

Thank you so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie 

The CC feels as it always felt. I'll tell You if I notice something.

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Airbnb Lizzie, even after all this time I still do not have any numbers after my name and I cannot tag you.  I know I am not the only Rachel on this CC but surely somebody somewhere could sort this out.

Ute I’m so new to all of this CC business what or how do you “tag”people to message!??? It’s not just a matter of replying?

@Julie1387 

you must use @ to tag people to the message, as I did.

By!

Carol62
Level 3
Chgo, IL

Got it. 

@Airbnb 

A change in the right direction for sure~

Just out of curiosity, any idea how the numbers added to our names was assigned???

@Jessica-and-Henry0 

When I first heard about the numbers I requested ute007 but I didn't get it.

First I got ute97 and now it's ute42. I have no idea how they assign the numbers and I don't care.

@Ute42 @Jessica-and-Henry0 I think we must play the numbers game!!! hahaha

@Ute42 @Airbnb 

The reason I was asking about how numbers are assigned is because I'd like to know if there is a possibility that Airbnb might one day decide to randomly change the numbers (since Airbnb is sooooo~ well known for randomly changing things without explanation or reason). Also like @Tim191 mentioned, why not let hosts choose a number to add instead of randomly assigning numbers??? All other sites let people choose their own user names while preventing people from using identical ones. I think a lot of people would prefer to be able to choose their own number (like any number between 1 and 4 digits) and keep that without change. 

@Ute42 @Sarah977 

@Jessica & Henry1

Surprised I didn't get @Susan666! 😉

(So much for the tagging "upgrade" - had to copy and paste Jessica and Henry's handle in from Ute's post.... )