New, unique Community Center usernames

Airbnb
Official Account

New, unique Community Center usernames

EN.png

We’re updating each Community Center member’s username so it’s unique and easily searchable. Now you’ll be able to make sure you’re mentioning the right @Annie or @Guillermo in your posts and replies.

Here’s how it will work: We will automatically add numbers to the end of your existing username to make it unique. To keep it simple, you won’t be able to further customize your username, but this change should help you find hosts and be found by them in the online Community.

We’re excited about this change and are happy to answer any questions you might have about it. Just reach out to your Online Community Managers here in the Community Center, @Lizzie@Stephanie or @Quincy.

132 Replies 132

Thank you @Sarah977 

Me too, when I first started exploring the CC I was so confused. What do these levels mean? How do they work? Then one day I was graduated to level “2” . I was so excited , I  celebrated and sent out announcements to all my family and friends.... now sadly here I sit still at level “2”  , rather stuck and hoping and praying I will be lifted to “3” soon?  It’s such validation for all we do!!!

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Catty-Pilar0 @Peggy-J0 

Maybe because you are in a different location of the world you have to wait, all good things come to those who have patience!

All the Best

Central To All Home & Location, NZ

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Thanks for sharing your feedback here on unique usernames. For those of you asking why you haven't received a number, we are currently checking with the product team about this. They are still working on a few aspects of the update so once I have more clarity on this I will let you know. 

I am sorry about this.

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thank you @Lizzie  , but people are asking why they can't choose their new names as we can do in other platforms. 

Thank you

Diego

I agree @Diego541 . I am not a fan of this random number generation. Let me choose my own name, like RobinH_WV, NotThat_Robin, or AwesomeOne_Robin. Why does the CC think they should pick my "name?"

Airbnb IS making money off me. I should be able to chose my own name. 

---> That's how I look at most guests, like cousins. And you know, some of those cousins are kooks.
Larry-And-Paulette0
Level 5
Washington D.C., DC

Hello?

Wolfgang112
Level 2
Surfers Paradise, Australia

I also had a cancellation 5 days before arrival. My setting is strict but airbnb has refunded all. Strict means no refund of deposit when cancelled 7 days before arrival. No fine print. 

I am fuming as airbnb is cheating us and only works for the Guests. I will never trust AIRBNB again

I will look elsewhere now. 

@Wolfgang112  I am relatively new to all this. Does anyone who’s anyone ever read these postings?

金正0
Level 2
Princeton, NJ

This is EXTREMELY UNACCEPTABLE

1. The username now has NON-ASCII characters, so you won't be able to mention me unless you can type Chinese characters.
  2. I prefer NOT to disclose my name in Chinese so I updated my name to the English version in Airbnb. However Airbnb Community, WITHOUT MY CONSENT, USED MY OLD PROFILE NAME as the potentially UNMODIFIABLE username.
Seava0
Level 2
Virginia Beach, VA

Is there a directory to find the appropriate names?

Heather699
Level 2
Petit Valley, Trinidad and Tobago

Thanks. Will see how it works for me.

Louise26
Level 2
Bournemouth, United Kingdom

On a slight tangent, could we have a

‘message seen/read’ facility on messages between hosts and guests and or anyone actually. It would be very helpful. 

Thank you 

Louise. (26!)

Dc1
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

Any of my fellow hosts looking for a fantastic cleaner in the downtown area??  

Silvana83
Level 7
Guarulhos, Brazil

Perfeito! Estou com problema nas consultas. Desde ontem quando vou fazer leitura das taxas incluindo limpeza e valor da diária, aparece uma mensagem onde diz:

ERRO  Os dados não puderam ser lidos porque não estão no formato 

Eu não sei o que significa! 

Alguem consegue me ajudar? 

Eu não consigo atender no computador, todas as vezes que fazem uma consulta, eu atendo no celular. Esse erro iniciou ontem.