Say hello to the Host Advisory Board members

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Say hello to the Host Advisory Board members

Hello everyone,

When we announced the Host Advisory in December, we said we'd look to this group of hosts to represent you and help highlight the things that really matter to hosts within Airbnb.

To make sure they understand the needs and perspectives of our global community, the Advisory Board members are active in different ways: from contributing here in the Community Center to leading local hosting groups, to participating in product and policy feedback sessions.  

All of the Advisory Board members are active hosts and represent hosting from countries all around the world. They all have different stories and reasons for why they host. They are excited to get to know you, and we hope you will get to know them. 

Introducing...... 

@Anna1403 , @Bez8,  @Antonella78@Susan208@Till-and-Jutta0,  @Nutth0@Norma17@Peter1@Merrydith0, @Pascale144@Omar202@Pooja30@Tiffany204@Vinícius0@Shinya0@Ningyi0@Samuel604 

Many of you have already been speaking with Till, Nutth, Bez and Peter, here in the EN CC. 

I ask you to support the Advisory Board members by continuing to surface the great knowledge and insights we see here everyday. Make them feel welcome here and get to know them, they want to hear your ideas and make a difference for all of our community. They need your support to do this. You can also use the tag #HostAdvisoryBoard to highlight topics to them.

What’s next?

Each month a different Advisory Board member will be representing the group and providing an update in the Resource Center and we’ll be carrying on the conversation here on the CC. In the meantime, @Susan208 is our first spotlight of the year, please take a look here.  You can also meet Susan at our Community Center meetup on Tuesday February, 23rd 1PM (PST)–to join view this post here

@Omar202 will be providing a February update, so do look out for that in a couple of weeks. 🙂

Thank you,

Lizzie (and all of the EN CC team) 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

103 Replies 103
Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Hi Everyone, 🖖

My Name is Nutth, I am a Home-host and an Experiences-host in Chiang Mai, Thailand. 

I host in my own home ( 3 bedrooms house ) and turn my hobbies to be an experience like a Film photography class... Yes, I have only 1 digital camera and 100 analog cameras. 😂  

I'm excited to be HAB and have a chance to meet other members. Thanks for all reply and especially an input you give to raise the voice of what hosts need for the future of hosting.  

Best,

Nutth  

Brigitte960
Level 1
One Mile, Australia

just getting to know about this, love it, look forward hearing more.     have a great day😍

David122
Level 4
Santa Fe, NM

I don't know what the conversation is about   how do I find out.

Nutth0
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Dear @David122 if you mean an conversation about Host Advisory board or an Suggestions you can use #HAB for search on this web or here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=f...

Hello, nice to meet you all, i´m Antonella, from Paraguay.

Anna1403
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Newgale, United Kingdom

Shwmae everyone!

I have so enjoyed reading all these wonderful comments, I love the passion in this community!

I just wanted to reach out and say hi from Pembrokeshire, Wales! I'm @Anna1403 and I have two listings on our old farm right in the heart of the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park - my true passion is sustainable hosting and sharing my love for where I live with our guests! I live by the rhythm of the sea and the seasons - and enjoy swimming in the sea all year without a wetsuit in sight!

I'm so thrilled to be a member of the HAB and promise you that all 17 of us are doing all we can to make sure your voices are heard!

Nanxing0
Level 10
Haverford, PA

Love the idea! Thank you!

Omar202
México D.F., Mexico

Hi everyone this is Omar from Mexico, I host a couple of apartments in the beautiful Coyoacan which is located in the south part of Mexico City.

I got very excited and energized by reading all your warm welcome words and wishes,  I value and appreciate your comments, suggestions, opportunities, recommendations and feedback I'm fully convinced connection, communication and interaction are always key to success.

I enjoy being a host, meeting guests and visitors from our beautiful Mexico and the rest of the world, networking with other hosts as well as learning, interacting, sharing experiences and good practices with our host communities. One of my passions that I enjoy the most is to educate,  coach and guide new hosts that are starting or are about to start this lovely hosting journey, helping them to become professional and successful, strive and achieve their goals.

We are a group of 17 highly committed hosts just like you distributed across different latitudes who are here to listen, be your voice and represent you the best as possible, so many thanks to believing and trusting on us 🙂

We stay in touch & happy hosting to all of you!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

@Ute42@Clara116@Cathie19@Ann72@Melodie-And-John0@Samantha-and-Bruce0@Debra300@Stephanie1158@David122@Angelyn1@Regina114@Jennifer1673@Veronica-Of-Excel-Proper0@Sandi14@Andrew90,@Kevin-s0@Debi1@George123@Ana7@Pam116@Susan10@Adele46, @Mary-and-Brian0, @Shaun124, @Kim-And-Fred0, @Amrita8, @Brigitte960, @Antonella598,

Such a joy reading all the comments here from across the world. Thank you. 

As mentioned in my opening post, there will be an EN Community Center social meetup on Tuesday February 23rd (a relaxed online event where members of the CC come together to connect from around the world) and @Susan208 will be there to meet you, so you can put a face to a name. 🙂 

I hope many of you will be able to join. To find out more, take a look here

If you have any questions on the meetup, just let me know.

Thank you, looking forward to seeing you. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lizzie, I registered for the event, but I got an error message saying the meeting link had expired?  I have the meeting on my calendar regardless.  I thought you would want to know.  : )  Kim and Fred from Portland, Oregon  Under The Cedars Guesthouse 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kim-And-Fred0,

Great to hear you are going to join the meetup. 

Hmmm...about the link, can I check when you got the error code. You registered for the meetup and then you should have received a confirmation email. Did you then try to click on the join the meetup link or was it at another time? 

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Susan208
Denver, CO

Cannot wait to meet you on on Tuesday.  Have a great weekend all.  Susan 

Bez8
Vancouver, Canada

Hello to my wonderful host family! 

My name is Behzad! My wife and I host our home in Vancouver BC.  I am so excited to work with all of you to drive meaningful change. 

Melodys0
Level 2
Charlemont, MA

Nice to meet everyone . I am Melodys Place Lodging western Mass. 

Hello,

I'm hosting from Guanajuato Mexico.  This Host advisor is international, right?, and would you help me to understand how this work.

I have not been paying attention probably and don't know the goal of this board.

One of the topics I have a concern is Deposit, I can add a suggested deposit for extra guest or if guests caused a damage but can't enforce it.

Is that kind of topic that you will represent us to Airbnb?

Regards, 

Aleyda DelaFuente