[Status FIXED] Community Center Messaging System

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Status FIXED] Community Center Messaging System

Hi everyone,

I hope you are having a good Friday so far. Here in the UK the weekend has arrived - yay! 

Some of you may have noticed that we are experiencing some issues today with the CC messaging system (for DMs). If you are trying to send a new message, there is an issue with typing in the 'send to' field, so you might not be able to access this feature for the time being - I'm really sorry if this is impacting you. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-18 at 18.45.32.png

We have reported this to the community platform team, so hopefully they can investigate and get it fixed as soon as possible. 

In the meantime, you can still reply to any messages already in your inbox as normal.

We'll keep you updated,

and fingers crossed the issue will be resolved soon. 

Thanks,

Katie

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Katie 

I do not use the direct message system, so no problem for me.

BTW Is there an option to turn it off, so people can not sent Direct Messages ?

I remember there was one in the settings, but can't find it anymore

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Emiel1, I'm afraid there isn't a way to turn off the CC inbox once it's enabled for you (which it is for all hosts). However, if you don't send any messages then it's unlikely you will receive many, and if you get any spammy/unwanted ones then you can of course report them 😊

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Good news, we've got to the bottom of the issue and it's now all fixed. You should now be able to resume sending new Direct Messages via your Community Center inbox.

Sorry to those of you who experienced difficulty with this.

Have a lovely weekend. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.