[Status FIXED] Community Center email notifications

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Status FIXED] Community Center email notifications

Hello everyone,

As some of you may have noticed, our Community Center email notifications have been a little on the quiet side. We are currently working with the platform team to find out why Community Center email notifications are not being delivered as normal. We are sorry for any inconvenience this is causing and hope it will be fixed very soon. 

In the meantime, you should still receive the notifications via your CC notification feed, so do keep an eye out for these. 

We will provide an update as soon as we know more and if you don't mind, we may ask a few of you to help us with some testing. 🙂 

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

16 Replies 16

Please, give us infornation what Airbnb team has decided about Coronavirus outbreak! I hope that hosts will not be punished in case they feel unsecure with some of their guests???

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Lilly28 ,

We just updated the topic on the Coronavirus and extenuating circumstance. Please review here: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Coronavirus-outbreak-Information-on-Airbnb-s-extenuating/m-...

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Hi Everyone,

Airbnb has been delayed in paying me for 1 month now and giving me the run around.

If you click at the community center and search payout delay, you will see it's not only me.

Stephanie, please help us.

Disappointed ,

Henry

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Stephanie < the text and other notifications are still coming through only erratically for reservations to...Wait for the Google update in March as that will be a tell tale sign who in IT needs sorting out with 'plumbing/ connectivity' of websites etc.

I do hope ABB IT will ensure all is connected unlike the nightmare we went through last year and the year before etc..

Sunnyside up!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh really? That's very useful to know @Helen427 . We had narrowed it down to Airbnb platform side rather than the CC so this is very helpful indeed. Is that both on desktop and mobile?

Thanks

-----

Hiya @Stephanie , text alerts are erratic on mobile.

I had none for a while and had spoken to Customer Services about it.

I've had to regularly check my emails and they seem to be coming through fine.

It's a little annoying as  one doesn't like to miss messages or bookings etc & some of us switch our data off when not using it for whatever reason as it soon  churns through it and adds up when catching Wifi and Hotspots.

The text alerts are great when they work but gone are the days of the "Congratulations @Stephanie or @Rosemarie-and-Henry0  or @Lilly28 etc has booked for xyz nights."

As I've mentioned elsewhere I've wondered if somewhere along the line whoever is contracted to do the Text Alerts is implicated in the True Dialogue Data breach late last year as they are based in USA and are bound to have sub contracted service providers.

I've not been receiving PM's or alerts for around about a month from CC when I've been tagged yet I've not changed any Notification settings.

Has anyone else encountered the same issues?

Thanks in advance

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

On the latter issue @Helen427 , this is known and being worked on by our platform provider. The mobile issues are erratic and difficult to reproduce but again, there's a ticket in for them to be addressed.

Thanks

-----

Trevor243
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Stephanie  Last week I was Trevor168 .... now, for some reason, I'm Trevor243 .... any idea what caused that?

@Trevor243 , its a new promotional campaign, your nearly twice the "trevor" you were a week ago, when you get to trevor1000, you get a free coupon for a 4 pack of toilet paper!   ha ha, just a little laugh to make the day go by, have a good one, John

@Melodie-And-John0WOOHOO! What score do I need for a packet of rice or pasta?!?!

Can't be had in this promo, tough times ya-know but I know a guy on James street in Utica that can hook us up some red beans, rice and gravy for 20 pounds and your first born!  JR 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Trevor243  @Helen427 @Rosemarie-and-Henry0 and @Lilly28 ,

This issue is now fixed. Do let me know if you are still not receiving email notifications from the Community Center.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Stephanie  There's been a glitch on the notifications on the CC again, been going on for a few days. When I click on the notification symbol, I get "You have no new notifications", even though there is a page full of them. This has been happened about half the time. I have to click on the bell symbol again, and then the notification page comes up.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Sarah977 ,

Some news on that one - I managed to record the bug occurring earlier this week (it's happening to everyone off and on) and there's a bug for it lodged and being addressed. Thanks for informing though, it's great to have additional information from you too!

Thanks,

Steph

-----