Two new additions to the Community Center Team!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Two new additions to the Community Center Team!

Hi everyone,

I'm delighted to share that the Community Center team has grown 2/3's bigger. Myself, @Lizzie  and @Quincy are elated to introduce @Nick  and @Liv to the English speaking CC team!

As the previous last new addition over a year ago, I'm passing the torch and am super excited to bring in some new blood with fresh ideas to support our fantastic hosting community. I'll let them both introduce themselves below!

Hurray!

Stephanie

Nick will be losing his numbers before you know it so don't worry about remembering them too much!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

47 Replies 47
Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

As @Stephanie  mentioned, I’m joining the Community Team along with @Nick  for the English speaking Airbnb Community.

I’m really excited to meet you and get to know each one of you! 

It’s fantastic to be part of such a collaborative space where we can all share our experiences and help each other out. 

Now a little bit about myself in case you’re curious:

• I’m Brazilian of Italian descent, born and raised in Sao Paulo.

• I enjoy travelling quite a lot and I’ve been a Guest at a few British Airbnbs during my time exploring the UK.

Lívia_0-1587649865366.jpeg

This is me happily freezing in Fort William, in the Scottish Highlands.

• I love music! Going to concerts is probably the thing I’m missing the most these days.

• I’ve started to learn how to cook, so any tips that could help me with my new adventures in the kitchen are more than welcome!

• Even though I don’t have any pets of my own, I’m a big animal lover.

So, that’s me! Now, I look forward to reading about you 🙂

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

I'm Nikolas but most people in the UK, call me Nick. I'm the newest addition to the English speaking Airbnb CC, and I'm incredibly excited to join you. As I'm here to support you and the community, it would give me great pleasure to learn more about you, your stories and experiences with Airbnb and beyond.

But first things first, here are a couple of things you should know about me:

• I was born and raised in Athens, the Greek capital, so I’m all about sun, sea, sand (ok, and ice-cream).
  • I have a pet cat named Tricky; his name derives both from his personality and the trip-hop artist.

IMG_0919.jpg

Tricky exploring the city with yours truly.

• I love music, clubbing (I was DJing in Athens among other things), but also binge-watching shows and reading books and magazines. Right now I'm diving into "The Testaments".
  • I've been both a host and a guest with Airbnb before, and love helping people out.
  • I love food and think is one of the best elements of travelling.

The last couple of days I've been checking out posts and content you've all contributed to the community, and I am delighted with what I've seen! I’m confident that with your recommendations and help we'll keep this a great place to be part of.

I can't wait to get to know each of you; feel free to send me a DM so we can have a chat, I'll be thrilled to do so.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Nick 

Ah, so there is Tricky. I can see why you call him a little panther. Do you really take him out and about? I can't imagine doing that with mine. They cry blue murder every time I take them to the vet's, which is only a five minute walk.

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Huma0 

He is EXACTLY the same. Taking him to the vet is not an option anymore. He had a health scare a few years back and had to spend a night. Since then, as soon as he realises it's the vet (probably smell in the waiting room) he becomes very aggressive. Which is amazing as he is the ultimate lap cat. My solution was to have a vet who does house calls, so now everything runs smoothly - he doesn't even get to leave his territory.

@Nick 
Welcome to the team Nick! I am also Greek and a super host in Athens! Wishing you all the best in your new position. Your cat is lovely.. 

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Yannis37 

Thank you for the welcome and your wishes. Nice view of Acropolis you've got there - I love Kalidromiou street, I'm actually a neighbour myself, well used to be. I can see you are quite new in the community (like me) so please feel free to contact me if you need anything.
Thanks again and welcome.

@Nick  Many thanks! I agree with you regarding Kallidromiou street as i love it too, especially the food market that occurs every Saturday. It is so colorful and you can find all sorts of products.
Hope you have a great day

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Welcome @Nick @Liv!!!!! 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Quincy , glad to be here! 

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks, @Quincy! Happy to be part of the community 🙂

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Hello @Liv 
Welcome! I am also from Brazil (Born to be Uai, but I´ve been living in Rio since a long time) and I also have some ancestors from Veneto, north of Italy. I hope you enjoy your new role.
Hello Nikolas @Nick 
Welcome!  I hope you enjoy your new role.  I have been to Greece and enjoyed it!

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @J-Renato0 

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have to admit I still haven't been to Brazil but I'm dying to do so. Will ask for tips both you and @Liv  when the time comes. I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in Greece. Where about did you go? 

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @J-Renato0, it's cool to know that there are fellow Brazilians engaging with the community 🙂 
Hearing about Minas Gerais and Rio de Janeiro sure makes me miss Brazil, hopefully I'll be able to visit when things get back to normal.
Thanks for welcoming us!

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Liv @Nick  wow, you two have big shoes to fill when @Stephanie and baby to be are away from CC!!

Great to see some more animal lovers joining the crew here in ABB Community.

@NickI recall seeing many a cat wandering around Rhodos / Rhodes Island, Greece when I stayed there.

Always love bringing out my European holiday singlet's & t-shirts, I acquired throughout Europe, with various designs on over the summer months here in New Zealand.

The funniest one I have I purchased in Greece says, "I don't look for trouble, it finds me" ...it always raises a smile to other people's dials..(faces) 

@Liv  I've not traveled to Brazil however have met many a Brazilian here in New Zealand and hosted a couple doing ABB & in the past some studying English from Language schools.

All the best, Welcome on board!!