[Update] Login issues in the Community Center

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Update] Login issues in the Community Center

Hello everyone,

Some of you may be experiencing technical problems trying to log in or the system may log you out. We have located the issue and are working on a fix, but in the meantime there is a workaround you can use to get back to your conversations here in the CC:

• Navigate to Airbnb.com and log out. 
  • Then, return to the Community Center and log in with your email and password and this way it should work.

We know it’s not the best way to enjoy the CC but our technicians are working to solve this problem as quickly as possible. We will inform you as soon as it is resolved.

We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience. 

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

40 Replies 40
Andrea-and-Francis0
Level 10
Mississauga, Canada

Thank you yes, I was having some difficulty but was finally able to log in 🙂

Susan1404
Level 10
Covington, GA

@Stephanieglad to see your post because I just had issues as well.  At least now I know you are aware of it.  🙂

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

@Stephanie 

The workaround worked for me yesterday, but today I'm unable to log in using Firefox. When I try, the "log in" link here takes me directly to my host log in page.

I am able to use the workaround with Safari.

Any idea as to when the issue will be cleared up?

Thanks!

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Thanks @Stephanie.

@Jennifer1421 , @Susan1404 , @Andrea-and-Francis0 

My frustration levels are to the max as I’ve been trying to get in to CC for three days!
I momentarily snuck in for a couple of responses, but my iPad😱🤬 and iPhone just keep going around in circles.... 

I'm currently logged  into Garry's  device as his isn't  doing  loops  that constantly just keep me out.

Whether I try to go through Chrome, it keeps taking me to safari which won't work. If I do airbnb App  it takes me to the CC first page then when I click to sign in, it takes me back to my airbnb profile page in the App. If I try to be a stranger... it still only allows till I aim for the CC, then we do the ever decreasing loops again....

Like seriously, this could drive a person mental!!!!

The fault is still happening as I type..........

@Cathie19- I found out I could log in thru my old desktop with no issues.  Still not working well on my phone, so for the time being, I'll just rely on my desktop.  I am logging in thru Firefox very easily now.

Well @Susan1404 , I’m back! ✔️🙌🏼

@Stephanie 

@Helen427 

@Jennifer1421 

@Andrea-and-Francis0 

SHHHHHH.....

But I won’t get cocky... this is my first attempt since giving up on Sunday afternoon, from spending half the day (literally) logging out, re-signing in etc. only accessing the laptop, no luck with the iPhone... 😱😱😱😱 

The Airbnb support case manager is still looking into it.......... 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Cathie19 ,

Did you need to do the workaround or were you able to login normally?

Thanks for sticking with us!

-----

@Stephanie ... the total merry go round... on umpteen occasions.

I really didn’t nearly try again tonight as it’s so  bl##&*  frustrating, time consuming and exhausting after a full day of working...... grrrr....

There’s not enough dark chocolate in my house to humour me through this at the moment! Lol..

I complained via Twitter to the Airbnb Help @AirbnbHelpTwitter account and was eventually assigned a case worker. They gave encouragement but not much assistance. I’ve currently got through via Google. Not through the App, which still isn’t working with the links, even though reinstalled etc etc etc.7AC6BC22-40EC-465A-B05C-4CD884E0DEE0.jpeg

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

@Stephanie @Cathie19 

I'm now unable to log in to the c.c. using any browser on my laptop. The same thing happens...when I click to sign in, my regular hosting sign in page appears, not the  c.c. sign in. Am using the app at the moment, but it almost seems like each workaround I use works at that time, but a second attempt with the same browser fails.

Sidenote: Am also having trouble getting to my hosting page now, too. When I sign in, the page appears as a blank, with nothing but the logo. No widgets across the top,  no main body text, nothing.

In order to get to my hosting account today, I had to do a search of my town's listings, then navigate to my own. This was not easily done, as many page refreshes were needed to get anything to appear on the pages at all. When I got to my page, because I had already logged in (though I couldn't actually see anything) my listing came up as "edit listing".  So it was a very back door way, but the platform obviously recognized my previous log in, even though the page it originally brought up was blank.

I note that recaptcha is back on. The last time I had log in issues it was a recaptcha issue. Don't know if it's related, but maybe.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

hello @Stephanie @Jennifer1421 @Susan1404 @Cathie19 @Andrea-and-Francis0 

Are you also having problems with logging into your Listing?
I keep getting that Verify pop up which is really annoying & blocked from accessing it.

Last time I tried it said my Listing would be Deactivated, Lord knows why.

@Stephanie@Laura_C @Fraser22 @Quincy @Lizzie any updates on all these IT Glitches yet?
My response rate has been adversely impacted on which is not fair.

Have others out there also noticed there's affected from not been able to Log On to their Listing?

This is the first time in over a week I've managed to log on sucessfully

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Helen427 ,

Do you mean logging into the Airbnb platform account? Can you let me know if you're doing this on desktop and what browser you are using. I reported the weekend issue which was resolved towards the end of Sunday (GMT) so would like to know if it's rearing it's ugly head again.

Thanks

-----

Hi @Stephanie , it wasn’t resolved for me...... 

I have been using your instructions since Friday? Still got problems logging into the CC, depending on the device. Have deleted the Airbnb App on devices, reinstalled. Removed all notifications before logging out. Went via AIrbnb.com .through Chrome, Google, Safari (App default browser).

So getting entry after signing in to the CC is an absolute fluke.... 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Cathie19 ,

Ah thanks for the clarification, I will reopen the conversation with the tech team. Have you contacted CS for the platform login issue at all? (we are working separately with the CC login issue).

Thanks

-----

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sorry @Cathie19 , just seen your screenshot re: CS

-----