[Update] Login issues in the Community Center

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Update] Login issues in the Community Center

Hello everyone,

Some of you may be experiencing technical problems trying to log in or the system may log you out. We have located the issue and are working on a fix, but in the meantime there is a workaround you can use to get back to your conversations here in the CC:

• Navigate to Airbnb.com and log out. 
  • Then, return to the Community Center and log in with your email and password and this way it should work.

We know it’s not the best way to enjoy the CC but our technicians are working to solve this problem as quickly as possible. We will inform you as soon as it is resolved.

We apologise for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience. 

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

40 Replies 40
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

My account in general @Stephanie 
I've tried on Laptop  but it's still rearing it's ugly head with Verification message....and my 100% response rate has been severely dented...

Currently HP Laptop via Firefox, oh & Guess Who is back in hospital :)?

Another overnight stay!!

@Helen427 , you have no control over your response rate, when the system is flawed and glitching. I would be requesting that your previous response rate be reinstated.

@Stephanie , @Lizzie  @Quincy 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

thanks @Cathie19   I definitely will be requesting my Response rate to be returned to what it was prior to my access been rudely interrupted.

I can't even read any messages as I keep getting that jolly darned page that insists I provide a 'Selfie" when I'm already verified.

The Customer Services team have said that if I put a 'Selfie" up to confirm who I am that the issues will go away - not likely.

It's an ongoing IT issue that comes up exactly the same a couple of years ago.

Who is rubber stamping these IT glitches/muck ups?

Perhaps there contract needs to be looked into.

Bearing in mind that the issue has happened previously it should be able to be fixed 10 x's faster..

I've lost bookings and enquiries as a direct result, can't write reviews, nor update my calendar etc.

Everytime I click on Sub titles on my Dashboard, above my listing I get Road blocked.

Not impressed

Leanne99
Level 10
Adelaide, Australia

Hi,

@Stephanie I’ve been having similar problems as @Cathie19 and others since the weekend where I can’t log in to the Community Centre on my iPhone or iPad. Each time it just sends me to the app which automatically logs me into that but nothing else.

Clicking on people’s profiles does the same thing.

I’ve managed to get access now on another phone which doesn’t have the app installed. 

So far I haven’t had an issue with my app or listing though.

Thanks,

Leanne

Shhhhhh... @Leanne99 . Don’t tell the other phone about your dilemma. It might go on strike like the other Apple devices. 🙌🏼👍🏼

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

@Stephanie @Cathie19 @Helen427 @Leanne99 

The community centre login issue was not, and is not resolved for me. I am still unable to login using my laptop (a MacBook pro) using either Firefox  (version 71.0 [64 bit]) or safari (version 11.1, build 12605.1.33.1.4).

I continue to experience "looping", whereby attempts to sign in take me to the platform sign in page, and not the community center sign in.

I am able (still and so far) to sign in using my android mobile.

Issues with signing into my platform hosting account appear to be resolved. (Though, I am keeping logged in browser window open at all times until the platform has stablized.)

@Helen427 is the "verify" you mention above part of the recaptcha process (the "I am not a robot" business) or is it something else? As I mentioned above, this process caused my last set of platform login issues. For some reason, it does not seem well integrated into the platform...though that doesn't appear to be the issue with the community centre troubles.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Jennifer1421 ,

Yes, we know the CC log in issue is still present (and affecting our team too, grrr.) I've raised again the issue of users not being able to access their Airbnb platform accounts to manage bookings, listings etc. 

Thanks

-----

I seem to be having better luck logging in than most here.  I can go thru my desktop easily and my phone logs me in about every other time I try it.  I sort of thought may be my slow internet connection was to blame for some of it since I live in a very rural area, but after reading that others were having so many issues, I don't know what to believe.  However, at least I am log in here fairly easily.  I have had no issues logging into the Airbnb platform itself.

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Stephanie This is only the second time I have been able to get into the CC in the past week or so. The first time I followed your method and that was fine but it didn't want to work today.  So, using my laptop and Google Chrome, I bookmarked the CC page and got in that way once I had logged out of the main site.

It does make me cross though because it shouldn't be necessary to have to fiddle about like this.  The techs ( who obviously have too much time on their hands) are constantly changing things that worked just fine as they were.  Why can't they leave well alone and concentrate on something useful.  I for one would like to see a process set up wherein guests are not able to make a booking unless they have filled out their profile  - just one sentence would do, we don't need a life story - and properly completed the verification procedure.  

@Rachel0 @Stephanie  I’m still having problems. Can only access CC through the app, on my iPhone. No other way, and with no suggested work around.  I was told once by customer service that there actually is no tech dept. Not sure what that’s all about. Perhaps true, and born out by the ENORMOUS glitches reported daily. it’s taking the better part of a week so far just to fix this little issue. Big question is, why isn’t ABB investing in this area? Why, when we pull back the curtain, is the great and powerful Oz just a little man pulling all the levers and switches? Funny/not funny.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Colleen253 ,

Yes, the issue is ongoing (frustratingly enough!) We have separate teams dedicated to working on different elements of tech. For example, the team that prepares the app updates does not work on the CC.

I am hopeful we can have this issue fixed shortly!

Thanks

-----

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

Finally been able to log to the CC after having a problem for 7 days.

Have had to continuously clear Cookies and cache to sign in.

Otherwise if I clicked on the sign in button I was automatically redirected to the guest booking site.

Have been speaking to support, initially on Twitter and then through AirBnB messages.

The case manager told me adamantly that there are no issues as she could log into the community centre and therefor all was OK.

I pestered and then got told that it was a routine maintenance and finally " As mentioned, we haven't detected any technical issue with the community center".

After which I could not be bothered to continue with the case manager as she was in total denial that there was a problem.

😞

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hi @Stephanie , I’m back again after having no luck the last couple of days. I’ve had to delete the app twice and also log out and turn off notifications.

I must admit this really is extremely tiresome, and will turn away new CC members. No one’s  got the time for this rigmarole! I know it is stopping me after a busy work day. for I really don’t have the mindset to fluff around with cranky browsers and Apps..........

Anyway, I hope you voted...... 🌹

🙂

Cathie

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

@Stephanie 

Whatever has been done seems to be working for me - was able to log in this morning in the usual way with no palaver! Fingers crossed this continues. Thanks for staying on it!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Superb! Thanks for letting me know @Jennifer1421 !

-----