[Update] New layout on Community Center homepage

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[Update] New layout on Community Center homepage

Hello everyone,

We hope you are enjoying the recent Community Center updates to the Direct Messaging system and the improvements to the Community profile page. We have more news for you, this one you may have noticed already! 

We know it's not always the easiest to navigate the content in the CC, especially when it’s your first visit here. To help with this, we have made a few changes to the CC homepage. 

Old: 

Katie_5-1595523464986.png

New:

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 18.03.43.png

What's new? (We are saying goodbye to teal and hello to pink!)

• The Discussion Boards are now visible from the homepage
  • The search bar is more prominent and will follow you down the page, so you have it in easy reach
  • An additional feature box to allow us to highlight great CC created content (so over to you!)
  • For those of you who enjoy participating in multiple CC languages, you will be able to easily access the other CCs from any page, through the language icon
  • Your Notification feed will now be visible on mobile and tablet

Katie_6-1595523464918.png

You will find your Notification feed and DM inbox under the dropdown in the right hand corner (and this is the same on mobile): 

Screen Shot 2020-07-23 at 18.05.51.png

This is just the first of many updates we hope to make, we know there is more we can do to improve your experience. If you have any further ideas or feedback please let us know.

We hope you find this useful and we look forward to hearing your thoughts. 

Katie

26 Replies 26
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Sarah977,

Thanks for your feedback on this feature, and I appreciate what you're saying here. I think the idea is that it gives things a bit of hierarchy, so you know there's a section for your personal side to the CC and this is how you can access notifications, messages etc. I'm a fan, as I'm pretty nerdy about keeping things organised, and this feature kind of fits with how my brain works on this 🤓

Of course, the changes aren't going to suit everyone though, so do let us know if you have further feedback, as this helps us to gauge some consensus for what works and what doesn't 😊

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Katie  I like things organized, too. But I also don't like things hidden or requiring more time to access 🙂 However, it's no big deal, and I'll get used to it.

There is another glitch with the new layout- when I click on a notification and it takes me to that post, the name of the poster and their profile photo is hidden under the "Search the Community" header. I have to scroll down to see who posted it.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Sarah977,

Ah thanks for flagging this. I've just tried it a couple of times and I can't seem to recreate that issue, are you still getting it? I know there were a few issues with the underlying platform of the CC on Friday, so I'm wondering if this will have been the cause of this issue. 

It could also be something more specific that mine isn't doing though - can you let me know which device/browser you're on, and if you're running the latest operating system/version of these? I can pass this onto the team to test 😊

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Sarah977 update: my colleague has been getting this issue too, so we've flagged it with the team already 👌

Thanks for highlighting this, and if you have any further issues then do let me know

@Katie  Thanks. Yes, the issue is still there. I'm on a PC, desktop version, Chrome browser. All my versions are up-to-date.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Katie  None of the reported glitches on the CC appear to be fixed. Posts I go to from the notification list are still loading with the poster's profile hidden behind the header. The DMs are still showing as unread unless you click on the latest DM on the left hand side of the screen, which is pointless, since the latest direct message is already up on the screen.

Also if I put an emoji in a post, I always get the "correct the HTML" warning and have to hit the post button again, at which point it posts.

And the Airbnb updates, which used to be able to be accessed from the header bar are nowhere to be found in the new format.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Sarah977 

Yes, we have reported all of the issues mentioned so far, but we're just waiting on the team to fix them 😁

In terms of the emojis, are you using the emoji options that are built-in (from the menu across the top of the post you're writing) or are you adding emojis another way? 

Re: the Airbnb Updates board, that should be on the 'All discussion boards' I believe, so I will try and get to the bottom of why that isn't there currently - thanks for the heads up!

@Katie  Using the built-in emojis from post menu.

When I hit Reply after writing the post and I get that "Correct the HTML" (which happens every time I insert a emoji) the emoji also appears HUGE in that "error" screen, even though when I just hit Post again, it posts as normal.

Also, I wasn't able to reply to you here earlier today- when I clicked reply, it just said "preview" but there was no box to type into.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Sarah977 

Hmm ok, I'm going to try and get it to do the same on my end so I can give more info to the tech team, but if you have it happen again today, could you send me a screenshot if it's not too much trouble? If you can get the error message in there too it will really help us to identify exactly what is going on and hopefully get it fixed quicker 😊

@Katie  Error message when inserting emoji glitch still there.

Sarah977_0-1597081590392.png

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That's super helpful, thanks @Sarah977 - I'll pass this on and fingers crossed they can get to the bottom of it 😊