Your feedback on the new Community Center

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Your feedback on the new Community Center

Hi everyone!

Now that the new community forum is live, after you have had a look around we would love you to provide us with your feedback on what you think and possible ways that we can improve, for example on ease of use and accessibility. 

Click here to access our Feedback Survey. 

We look forward to hearing your thoughts! Additionally, after completing the survey, feel free to reply in this thread with any other comments you might have regarding the new platform. Thank you in advance for taking the time to provide us with your valuable insight -  we will make sure to keep all your comments in mind when we further develop the Community Center.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

72 Replies 72
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much @Dave-and-Deb0, I have added the 'setting price on you calendar' to the post. I have left the bed feature out for the moment until it has been more widely enabled. I hope this is fine with you. 

I hope you are having a good day. 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi @Lizzie,

Could you please add my newest Help Guide to the list? https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/All-About-Reviews-A-Community-Help-Guide/td-p/38099

Also, not sure if you are willing to do this but would it be able to change the title of all my help guide posts?  I like the ring of Community Help Guide so I was wondering if you could change the title from "A How To Guide" to "A Community Help Guide".

I would really appreciate it.  If I had the capabilities, I would change them myself.

Thanks

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Dave-and-Deb0,

No problem at all, I have updated them all now. Thanks so much for creating these, this is an excellent thread and already it is clearly showing how much the Community is benefitting from them. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for doing that.  Out of curiosity, are there any product update announcements coming out soon?  Not a lot has changed since the launch of the CC.  It sure would be nice to receive an update on the progress of the CC.  Thanks for everything you do!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Hi @Lizzie,

I received a surprise gift in my email from "Your friends at Airbnb".  If you are one of my "friends at Airbnb", thank you!

I was wondering if you could explain how you change the colour and size of your font and add a link into your signature?  Could you please explain this to me as I would like to change mine (yes again) but I have not figured it out.  You could make your first Community Help Guide!

Dave

David

Hi @Lizzie,

Could you please add my new Community Help Guides:

Direct Messaging on the Community Center: A Community Help Guide

Preparation Time: A Community Help Guide

Same-Day Requests: A Community Help Guide

Also, I still have not heard back from you about "signatures" from my post above.  Am I in the doghouse?

dog_house.jpg

David

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Dave-and-Deb0,

I am sorry I haven't got back to you about this. In regards to the signature the only way to change the colour/size of the text at the moment is by using HTML in that box, which I understand isn't most ideal.  I have been trying to think if there is a better way to work around this and add it to a Community Help Guide, but it may be a tad confusing. Please do let me know if you have any ideas.

Do you have any knowledge of HTML?

I am almost speechless over the amazing guides you have created - thank you so much. They are going to be so useful to the rest of the Community, as they are frequently asked here, as you know. 🙂 I will add them now to the post. 

I hope you have a lovely weekend and you are doing something nice.

Lizzie

--------------------

I find the forum quite confusing as there doesn't seem to be any "Home" page where all the topics/threads are listed. It just seems very random. I also cannot never find previous posts I've made, they just seem to be swallowed up with only the latest 7 discussions being viewable.

There must be a way but how and where?

NB: I can't promise to read the response as I came across this section by accident.

Hi @Lizzie,

Could you please add this new Community Help Guide: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Reservation-Inquiry-or-Request-What-s-the-Difference-A-C...

David

One more for you @Lizzie:

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/A-Breakdown-of-Airbnb-Guest-Fees-A-Community-Help-Guide/...

David

Hi @Lizzie,

Here is a new Help Guide to add: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Wrong-Price-Showing-Often-Equals-a-Currency-Display-Issu...

Dave

David

Hi @Lizzie,

I'm able to access the community center because I know the URL path but If I wouldn't know it will be almost impossible to me as there is not link that takes me here under my account's menu. Back before there was a link to "Groups'' which took me to the old airbnb groups and from there I was able to forward to the community center by clicking on the link at the top of the Groups page. But now I don't have neither the link to the community nor to the groups page. Do you know why this could be happening to me? Is there someone else facing the same issue?

Also and as a valuable feedback I would like to suggest the site to include a link to the community center for the ones that haven't logged in yet to the site. If the main idea is to build a place that helps and connects guests and hosts in the same way, you should consider that there many users out there that want to try the site, have their doubts about of how it works, would like to ask questions but they haven't logged in yet. This type of first users will benefit theirselves from having a link that takes them to this community too even if it is for read-only purposes.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Florencia0,

Lovely to meet you and a warm welcome to Community Center! It is great to hear your feedback here, I agree the link to the Community Center should be as accessible for hosts as possible. It does sound a little strange that you are unable to find it on your account. We are currently working on signposting, so it is possible this is why you were unable to find it. I am sorry about this. I have relayed you feedback to the team, so it is really useful that you have let me know.

Thanks so much and I look forward to speaking with you in discussions around the CC. 🙂

--------------------

Florencia0
Level 6
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Thanks @Lizzie. It is not a concern for me as I already know the URL to get into the CC but I mentioned it as I believe you and your team might want to know that some of us are not seeing the CC´s link and it will certainly affect the number of members it has participating. Other hosts confirmed me that they are not seeing the link neither.

At the top menu Bar, the link isn´t found neither in the Host menu nor in My Account menu. In the past there was a link to the old Groups and from the Groups Page I was able to get into the CC, but now the Groups link is missing too. I can´t precise when this happened but it must be more than a month ago.

Hope it helps 🙂

Flor.