Air BNB Host Double Booked But does not want to Cancel My Reservation Because She will be Penalized

Answered!
Lisa516
Level 1
Saint Simons Island, GA

Air BNB Host Double Booked But does not want to Cancel My Reservation Because She will be Penalized

I have a situation.  I am leaving for my trip tomorrow and yesterday I find out that my Air BNB host double booked our first night arrival.  I was upset when she told me.  She said she would contact and book the place next door for one night and and she also sent me a change of dates which unfortunately I accepted thinking she had or would be getting us a room at no problem. Turns out she contacts me back and cannot get the place next door.   I tried on my own to  find suitable 1 night accommodation prior to checking in to her place but there are no  one night available on the island.  

She is not good about answering my emails  and I needed to resolve this myself so I booked a new place for the week as I have been unable to resolve this with her.  I messaged her and requested she cancel reservation for a 100% refund.  She said that because I accepted the new dates she does not have to and she does not want to get penalized so does not want to do this. I only accept new dates because she said she would get or try to get the place next door.  

I have not heard back from her in over 24 hours.  This has turned out to be a very poor experience using Air BNB. Do you think I can get my money back.  I sent a request thorugh Air BNB that the owner cancel but I feel like she will not.  What do you think my chances of getting my money back.  There is our email thread with our conversation stating she would try to get place next door.  There was no indication that there would be a problem. I was already being over accommodating when she double booked.  I think I have been hung out to dry.  

I appreciate any comments, sugggestions or links to Air BNB.

1 Best Answer
Amy38
Level 10
Nashville, TN

For a fast resolution, go on abnb facebook and voice problem...someone will get in touch pretty quickly. This can be solved amicably, but if not voice loud and hard on twitter and facebook.

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Amy38
Level 10
Nashville, TN

For a fast resolution, go on abnb facebook and voice problem...someone will get in touch pretty quickly. This can be solved amicably, but if not voice loud and hard on twitter and facebook.