AirBNB customer service - why so poor ?

Cristian61
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

AirBNB customer service - why so poor ?

Hi !

I opened a ticket with AirBNB customer service 8 days ago. All their answers until now are only politeness and no action / no progress / no target date. In my last message to them from 2 days ago, I have asked them to escalate the issue and that someone from a higher level  to call me back as soon as possible. Total quietness since then.

My questions are: Why their service is so poor ? Are they lacking employees ?

Thank you.

Regards,

Chris

16 Replies 16
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Cristian61 What was your issue?  All requests for service go into a queue with some prioritization for urgent, emergency situation.  Perhaps some of us can help you here unless it has to do with your account where an Airbnb employee with account access is the only one who can help.  

Let us know!

Cristian61
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Hi Clare ! Thanks for asking. It has to do with my account. On twitter they said that the customer service representative will contact me. Still waiting on that. But the main issue is that a technical person is not looking into it. I hear the same story from CSR over and over again.

Adrian-and-Tina0
Level 2
Welshpool, United Kingdom

This is the CEO, Brian Chesky's, email address Brian.Chesky@AirBnB.com

If this is blocked try his first name followed by his last name with a full stop (period) between. then the usual domain.

Carl15
Level 2
Western Road, Ireland

Anyone expiercing being put on hold from booking airbnb as they check your banking cards via having to send them a statement this weekend. It seems stupid as they are currently putting money into those same bank acocunts.

It is so frustrating at how poor airbnb customer service is. They said it would take 24 hours but it is actually now gone through 48 and no response so I can't book my places for the coming week.

Is there any other site like airbnb that understands customer service that I could use insteand of them?

From a frustrated host and traveller of Airbnb!

Faye20
Level 2
Wonthaggi, Australia

Hello. I'm a very frustrated and annoyed Aussie Airbnb host. Finding help when I needed it created a great deal of stress and anxiety. It was not always like this and I'm very disappointed with Airbnb. I work very hard at my hosting and I love it....but I'm not loving the feeling of abandonment! All I need is an actual email address to write to where there are real people or an Australian phone number. I don't use Twitter and do not want to be in a phone queue to the USA! So Airbnb, can you help me out?

Noon1
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Same here, I asked them questions and they don't respond 

Charles111
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

How the hell do we contact them? I may have been contacted by a criminal - perhaps even terrorist, without going into detail, and I haven't a clue how to tell airbnb and have no faith in them as it seems impossible to contact them. Do I contact the police or do we have to wait until a bomb goes off???

Carl15
Level 2
Western Road, Ireland

Hi Clare,

This is so not the answer. This is referring people to a community website that then refers you to another link which doesn't answer your question. What people need is a phone number to ring people and speak to a human being directly in the hope that you might get a response or an answer some time in the next year!

I actually called Airbnb today on this number from the Rep. of Ireland +1 855 424 7262 and they actually pick up the phone but ironically they tell you that they will send you an email with a link which I thought was hillarious.. now I'm going to day 5 and verification not approved yet! Obviously 24hours in airbnb's world is 5 days in Europe.

Rubbish customer service from airbnb...

I actually called Airbnb today on +1 855 424 7262 and they actually pick up the phone. Ironically I was told that they would tell you send me an email with a link which I thought was hillarious.. only for the fact that it is no longer funny. Im now going into day 5 with no access to booking on airbnb. 24 hours in planet airbnb appears to be different in Europe..!

Best of luck with calling them.

C

Carl15
Level 2
Western Road, Ireland

You can try ringing this number  +1 855 424 7262 and they actually do pick up the phone but they ironicall they might tell you that they will send you an email with a link hehe! This is so bad I'm not sure where to begin but who ever is over customer service should be fired!

This is so frustrating. How can I deactivate my account with AirBnB in the mean time until everything is sorted?

I've just started with AirBnB and received confirmation bookings which I did not confirm within the 24hours given? The units on my calendar has been blocked out? This is causing unhappy guests and unfortunately a frustrated host as this could looks like scam from my side. I caanot get hold of customer services in order to assist me with this mos unfortunate matter. 

Can someone assist me with a contact number for customer service?

Carl15
Level 2
Western Road, Ireland

I had to ring the US from Ireland. I google airbnb customer service telephone numbers and got these. Hopefully it will help, +1-415-800-5959 +1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)