Amsterdam local government rules

Sofie58
Level 1
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Amsterdam local government rules

Hi,

There are some things the Dutch government is sorting related to renting your place through Airbnb. In the future one might need a license, but for the time being the government handles these rules: max. 30 days a year and to not more than 4 people at a time. That's clear to me. What I'm not sure about is if I have to register my bookings through the local government page: https://www.amsterdam.nl/veelgevraagd/?productid=%7B6DDBA95B-F95C-460F-917B-08B34CBEC384%7D . It used to be mandatory according to the Amsterdam local government to do so, but it seems now that it's not the legal way to go. Can you please let me know asap? I have guests coming tomorrow. 

Many thanks,

Sofie

4 Antwoorden 4
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wellicht dat @Mirjam0 meer weet @Sofie58

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Mirjam0
Level 10

Hi @Sofie58,  

The Council of State has recently ruled that a registration for renting  out your whole  apartement or house  ( = Vakantieverhuur) is not correct,  there should be a license for Vakantieverhuur. but since a licence for Vakantieverhuur  this is not yet available,   you can rent out your place during 30 days without registration,

I transleted  through Google translate what the city page sais about this from https://www.amsterdam.nl/wonen-leefomgeving/wonen/particuliere-vakantieverhuur/

The municipality continues to enforce properties that are rented to tourists or rented to more than 4 people for more than 30 nights per calendar year, and if the landlord does not have a main residence in the home and is not registered in the Personal Records Database (BRP) because there are then there is question of a home withdrawal.

As soon as it is known what consequences this will have for the policy and rules about holiday rental in Amsterdam, we will announce this, among other things, via this web page.

Reporting is allowed but is not mandatory at the moment. We do not impose a fine for not reporting. 

You can also learn more by reading on our website www.amsterdamgastvrij.nl and become a member  to join our struggle to be able to host or join our facebookgroup Airbnb Hosts Amsterdam where  Amsterdam hosts are discussing the rules and help eachother. 

Kind regards: Mirjam

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ik heb @Sofie58 even voor je getagd, zodat ze je bericht ziet. Enorm bedankt voor de uitgebreide uitleg @Mirjam0

Ik hoop dat alles goed gaat!

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Mirjam0
Level 10

ok zal er volgende keer aan proberen  te denken, @Quincy 🙂

Artikelen lezen in het Informatiecentrum

Je woning klaarmaken voor gasten
Tips van Airbnb Plus-hosts: attent zijn voor je gasten
Gasten ondersteunen tijdens hun verblijf