False Listing

Mark-And-Liz0
Level 2
Knysna, South Africa

False Listing

This listing is false. How can we get Airbnb to remove it?

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/17009035

"Jim" has a new false listing in Dublin. He has masked his email adress so he can be contacted directly. I did so and here is the reply.

Description

Modern and spacious place central with best view. All amenities available,cleaning taxes included. Entire place with 5 bedrooms,7 beds for 9 persons.

House Manual

Wireless password: ** 

House Rules

To be respectful with the house.

Payment 
The payment has to be sent by bank transfer to one of our holding accounts. The host will receive full payment from Airbnb 24 hours after you check in.

Payment details:

Airbnb account holder : [name hidden] 

Address: **, Kecskemét 6000,Hungary

Bank Name: Unicredit Bank

Bank Address: **,Kecskemét 6000,Hungary

Iban: [IBAN hidden]

Swift Code:[Swift code hidden]

Payment reference:**

NOTE: Please use the exact payment reference, we use this to identify your payment.

The payment must be done within 24 hours after receiving the booking confirmation. Once the payment is sent, email the host a copy of your receipt in order to validate your booking.

4 Replies 4
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Hi @Mark-And-Liz0 Report it - there's a spot to flag it, although I'm not sure how promptly Airbnb addresses these issues. Maybe if everyone here reports it, there might be some action taken? It's just so frustrating, as I know some of these listings have been reported for months & they still remain! They bring all of Airbnb down & should be removed immediately.  - Karen

Thanks Karen and Brian. I certainly have flagged it and certianly hope it is removed by Airbnb REALY FAST !!! We are Superhosts and travel using Airbnb and we are on 368 reviews. We would like to think that we are ambassadors for Airbnb. This type of fraudulent listing ruins the brand. 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

The photo of Jim is actually that of a Russian Politician, one of the poorer spam listings I have seen.

David
Vivian48
Level 1
Melbourne, Australia

Hi All,

I want to also report a false listing.  https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/964548.   This is my apartment and whilst my tenant was renting it out unbeknowns to me I took back possession of it last October 2016.  The host still has it up on AIRBNB, I have flagged it to AIRBNB, I have asked them to take it down as well as asking the former tenant to take it down but it is still appearing and still aparently being booked.  I gather the host must then move people who have booked it onto one of his other properties.  

I do not know of any other forums where I can warn people of this false listing.