Guest does not appear in Send Money list

Katie166
Level 1
Victoria, Canada

Guest does not appear in Send Money list

I would like to issue a bigger refund to a guest who cancelled, but she does not appear in the "send money" list in the resolution center.

5 Replies 5

A guest cancelled before arrival. (1/2 policy)  but another guest is now taking the room, so I want to refund the cancellation fee to the first guest. However, that person does not appear on the send money list?

I have a similar situation.  

I'm guessing the System only lets us send money to guests who actually stayed.  Hope I'm wrong.  And I hope an expert replies soon with a solution.  Don't want to leave my (non)guest hanging too long.

Alen13
Level 1
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

I have an issue with Host not appearing in the Request Money list, even though he cancelled the reservation that i already payed ( instant book was on). What should i do? 

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Kala2  @Katie166

You will not be able to issue the refund until you have received the payment owed to you from the guest that cancelled.  You will receive the payment as if they stayed - payout 24 hours after original check-in date.  

@Alen13

If you cancelled or the host cancelled, you will receive your refund from airbnb - this can take up to a week.  The host does not reveive any payment until the guest has checked-in.

Kit16
Level 1
Knaresborough, United Kingdom

As a host, I required additional funds for a booking. I have now had to cancel the booking but I cannot see the guest in the list to be able to refund the additional monies.

They are already upset about the cancelled booking so I want to refund the additional monies asap to keep the peace